• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Who the **** are you to judge what I do? So long as I'm not negatively affecting anyone, what's it to you? Besides, I ended that project a long time ago when I had other, more important things come up in my life.

Your statement was derogatory to Sora fans, I called you out on it, and you immediately resort to insulting me? I thought we were over most contention at this point, but I guess I was wrong. Again, silly me for thinking that this fanbase could be better.

Everyone wonders why people make generalizations about how toxic and immature this fanbase is, and here it is right here.
You wanted to talk about maturity because I didn't want a certain character, don't get mad when I flip it around to you lol. I'll be happy if Sora doesn't make it, what's that to you? You guys don't need to swoop in on everyone who doesn't want Sora in the game lol. That's like toxic fanbase 101 ****. Like I said, don't get mad that I said what I said when you insulted me first. That ain't how this works, bud. Get some air

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Stitch is like my favorite Disney character. Watched every movie and episode of the cartoon. The anime thing is really weird though.

He appears for brief moments in the mid-game of Kingdom Hearts 2 and then becomes a summon, and in Birth By Sleep (I think?) There's a Lilo & Stitch chapter which takes place before the movie and you fight Gantu. I didn't play BBS but I think that's how it goes.
I liked a bit the Tron levels in KH.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Who are you to judge what I do? So long as I'm not negatively affecting anyone, what's it to you? Besides, I ended that project a long time ago when I had other, more important things come up in my life.

Your statement was derogatory to Sora fans, I called you out on it, and you immediately resort to insulting me? I thought we were over most contention at this point, but I guess I was wrong. Again, silly me for thinking that this fanbase could be better.

Everyone wonders why people make generalizations about how toxic and immature this fanbase is, and here it is right here.

I'd also like to say shame on anyone who liked and supported this post. Flaming like this shouldn't be tolerated in any form, and by liking it all you do is encourage negative behavior like this in the future.
You and me both bro, he is just trying to start a fight

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That would mean that Microsoft would get 2 of the 5 DLC slots or Minecraft representation is not in the form of a Fighter. Both of which I find to be unlikely, but not impossible. If there is a season 2 pack, which I think is about 80-90% possible depending on how things go with season 1. Then yes Banjo is in for sure, but right now it honestly doesn't look likely.
I wouldn't say Banjo is in for sure. In fact I think he has no chance at all for DLC. Maybe if he were more relevant in this day and age, sure, but he's not. He would sell well with the hardcore Smash fans, but not with the casual, general audience, which is why it probably wouldn't be a smart move on Nintendo and Microsoft's part to put Banjo in. He didn't make it in the base roster, and he's not making it in DLC

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say Banjo is in for sure. In fact I think he has no chance at all for DLC. Maybe if he were more relevant in this day and age, sure, but he's not. He would sell well with the hardcore Smash fans, but not with the casual, general audience, which is why it probably wouldn't be a smart move on Nintendo and Microsoft's part to put Banjo in. He didn't make it in the base roster, and he's not making it in DLC
“Crash is freaking dead, you better give up about seeing him on PS4”

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yep, maturity is spending hours on 4chan every day scouring leaks for a game that are 99% sure to be false.
Bruh that's historical archiving.

Without that, we're doomed to be duped in the future by schmcks.

Shout out to DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon for going through them all.

All game communities like this should have a big point of reference for these sorts of things.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Stitch is like my favorite Disney character. Watched every movie and episode of the cartoon. The anime thing is really weird though.

He appears for brief moments in the mid-game of Kingdom Hearts 2 and then becomes a summon, and in Birth By Sleep (I think?) There's a Lilo & Stitch chapter which takes place before the movie and you fight Gantu. I didn't play BBS but I think that's how it goes.
I have old notebooks from when I was seven of drawings and printed pictures of the experiments. Trying to keep track of them all.
I guess that's why I latched on to Pokemon, i've always loved collecting monsters.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sakurai said on the Direct that all the DLC will be new characters , no Echoes.
A bIt late to reply to this but I went to bed...

I understand that Sakurai said echoes that will be part of the Fighter packs but I was alluding...speculating that we will be getting individual DLC obviously in some form outside of these Fighter packs. I was suggesting that maybe several echoes may also be available as individual non-packages DLC.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You wanted to talk about maturity because I didn't want a certain character, don't get mad when I flip it around to you lol. I'll be happy if Sora doesn't make it, what's that to you? You guys don't need to swoop in on everyone who doesn't want Sora in the game lol. That's like toxic fanbase 101 ****. Like I said, don't get mad that I said what I said when you insulted me first. That ain't how this works, bud. Get some air
The comment you made about him though has literally nothing to do with Sora though.

Get some air for yourself if you think that's remotely acceptable here.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Who do guys think would be the top five most out of left field inclusions in Smash Ultimate DLC like never mind the leaks or popular picks. Just the most completely random wtf is this, type of characters you can think of.

My list is
1.Pyramid Head from silent hill
2.Peter Pepper frim Burger Time
3.Bub and Bob from Bubble Bubble
4.Q*bert
5.Sam & Max from the Sam and Max games

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Another thing to keep in mind: a regular enemy making it in a fighting game is not entirely unprecedented:

View attachment 175440

Strange as that would be, it could make sense. Try harder on the second attempt and make sure nothing goes wrong. :ultsonic:
Not unheard of...
but usually really disliked.

Tron Bonne and Zero making it in over Megaman still rubs me the wrong way.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Is Phosphora the only Kid Icarus assist trophy? Did Magnus get the ax?

Hmm.. This too could indeed tip in favor of Medusa, especially if you consider the Mii costume to assist trophy trend with Viridi.. Oh and all the missing Medusa content.. She could totes have a Underworld stage with her Medusa's final battle theme coming soon.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
“Crash is freaking dead, you better give up about seeing him on PS4”
I think Crash has a better chance than Banjo. If Banjo's games got remade, then yes I'd say he has a good chance, but until then, he won't have a good chance

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Tron is cool but I'm more of a Port Royal fellow. Battle music is a banger.
Whenever I hear the Pirates of the Caribbean theme I can only think of the Port Royal battle theme.

Also those damn pirates that are invincible in the shade and can one hit you if you're playing on Critical seriously it's absolute bull****.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Is Phosphora the only Kid Icarus assist trophy? Did Magnus get the ax?

Hmm.. This too could indeed tip in favor of Medusa, especially if you consider the Mii costume to assist trophy trend with Viridi.. Oh and all the missing Medusa content.. She could totes have a Underworld stage with her Medusa's final battle theme coming soon.
Yea Magnus was cut for some reason.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Keep in mind that Sakurai never said the only DLC will be the Fighter's Pass. It's just a specific set of DLC. The fact we have Piranha Plant just means he could announce other stuff. Of course, expecting just the six is reasonable at this time(because why should we expect more than he outright said?). Hoping for more is another story.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I have old notebooks from when I was seven of drawings and printed pictures of the experiments. Trying to keep track of them all.
I guess that's why I latched on to Pokemon, i've always loved collecting monsters.
#625 A.K A. Reuben, is like my spirit animal.

I also liked the crossovers with Kim Possible, Jake Long, Proud Family and Recess where the art styles wouldn't blend well at all, but were still fun episodes.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I hear the Pirates of the Caribbean theme I can only think of the Port Royal battle theme.

Also those damn pirates that are invincible in the shade and can one hit you if you're playing on Critical seriously it's absolute bull****.
Should i play Kingdom Hearts 2 first? Or 2.8?

I don’t care much about the story.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
A bIt late to reply to this but I went to bed...

I understand that Sakurai said echoes that will be part of the Fighter packs but I was alluding...speculating that we will be getting individual DLC obviously in some form outside of these Fighter packs. I was suggesting that maybe several echoes may also be available as individual non-packages DLC.
If we get echo DLC we could legitimately see this game hit 100 characters.

That's absolutely unreal.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
K Rool is different though, because K Rool is in the base game. I really thought Banjo had a good chance for base game, but now that he's not in the base game, I think he has no chance for DLC. If K Rool were not in the base game, I don't think they'd make him DLC

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I hate having to use the ignore button, but it's useful in scenarios like this.

I've got better things to do than waste time on internet trolls.

Also considering his name has a racial slur in it...This person is a troll.

D

Deleted member

Okay, this is actually pretty epic.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord

Bless Chicken Little for being godsend in this level.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I mean, IMO, if someone takes the time to sift through the hellhole of 4chan for leak discussion, they've earned some immense respect. I can barely go there without going crazy.

D

Deleted member

Dude, the comment you made on him did not include anything related to Sora, and was just an outright attack on him.

Forget about air for him, why don't you get some air for youself?

D

Deleted member

I mean, IMO, if someone takes the time to sift through the hellhole of 4chan for leak discussion, they've earned some immense respect. I can barely go there without going crazy.
I actually have done that (thanks hyperactivity).

It gets boring, doh.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last time I'll respond to you because you're obviously baiting.

But why would you think it's okay to say "I'd be happy if x character doesn't get in?" It's just mean to the fans of that character. Regardless of whether it was Sora or not I'd still call you on it because that's not okay. At the very least you should keep sentiments like that to yourself.

Like, can you be disappointed if Sora gets in? Sure. I'd be disappointed if another SE character over Sora got in, but you know what? I'd be happy for that character's fanbase because they got the character they wanted. Every character has fans with personal attachment to that character, and you should respect that.

Last edited:

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Bruh that's historical archiving.

Without that, we're doomed to be duped in the future by schmcks.

Shout out to DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon for going through them all.

All game communities like this should have a big point of reference for these sorts of things.
And that's fine. I just find it funny that "I'm trying to start a fight" and it's necessary to use the Ignore button on me when I never even said anything about either individuals in question in the first place. They both tried to come at me just because I don't want a character in the game. Isn't swooping in to attack someone who doesn't like what you like one of the easiest things to point out about a toxic fanbase? In that case why am I the toxic one lol? If no one attacked me over me not wanting Sora there'd be no argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom