• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polan

Smash Lord
A bIt late to reply to this but I went to bed...

I understand that Sakurai said echoes that will be part of the Fighter packs but I was alluding...speculating that we will be getting individual DLC obviously in some form outside of these Fighter packs. I was suggesting that maybe several echoes may also be available as individual non-packages DLC.
it would be cool if we got echo fighter packs but i doubt it. if we get any extra dlc it will probably just be mii fighter costumes and maybe a stage or two (pac-maze plz)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not sure I should bring it up, but I haven't got any reply from papagenos papagenos . Is he alright?
Give the guy some space. I'm sure he's getting enough grief over supporting the Grinch leak when his source lied to him.

papagenos papagenos , if you're reading I'd like you to know that I think you're a cool dude and I support you!

D

Deleted member

Give the guy some space. I'm sure he's getting enough grief over supporting the Grinch leak when his source lied to him.

papagenos papagenos , if you're reading I'd like you to know that I think you're a cool dude and I support you!
Same.

Papageno was a nice person to chat with.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
My dlc predictions are Dixie, Medusa, Elma, Geno and Steve.

Vote Matthew from Golden Sun if the ballot returns.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Oh KH3 is coming to Xbox so I guess I don't really have an excuse not to get it now

...once I decide to get mine repaired

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yea Magnus was cut for some reason.
And consider a trend of Mii costumes turning into assists, Viridi could be like a dlc assist to come with Medusa's dlc package.
Dang, I can understand Viridi getting ignored because of her dig at Chrom, but Magnus shouldn't suffer for it (even if it does lessen Sakurai bias).

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Dude, the comment you made on him did not include anything related to Sora, and was just an outright attack on him.

Forget about air for him, why don't you get some air for youself?
Neither did his comment on me lol. I'm not gonna let someone question my maturity for not wanting a character in a video game, and I'm not sorry about it. Like I said, had there been no comments towards me there would be no argument.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Man, every time I think about Spirits, I get hyped. NPCs that inhabit characters, so they act like how those NPCs would act. They're there without being there. That's so ****ing cool.

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
Hmm...
A bIt late to reply to this but I went to bed...

I understand that Sakurai said echoes that will be part of the Fighter packs but I was alluding...speculating that we will be getting individual DLC obviously in some form outside of these Fighter packs. I was suggesting that maybe several echoes may also be available as individual non-packages DLC.
So... I said this ten pages back and get all quotes of aggression... But a mod says it and that makes it a loved statement?

Maybe I'm getting too old for forums.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

I agree he's a chill bro.

I wonder what was up with his source though?

I mean what's to gain from misleading someone who's just starting a channel?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Crash is absolutely a tier of his own compared to Banjo lmao. He was basically the Playstation's mascot and was HUGE in Japan, an incredible feat considering Japan's preference for games in their country, to the point Japan's adoration for the guy got acknowledged with the Crash Dance getting added to the game. Crash also just had a hugely successful revival, albeit likely too late for Smash to capitalize on that. So when compared to basically the mascot of an incredibly successful system, a franchise where people forget nearly half of the games, which are 2 of them btw, can't really hold a candle to it

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Last time I'll respond to you because you're obviously baiting.

But why would you think it's okay to say "I'd be happy if x character doesn't get in?" It's just mean to the fans of that character. Regardless of whether it was Sora or not I'd still call you on it because that's not okay. At the very least you should keep sentiments like that to yourself.

Like, can you be disappointed if Sora gets in? Sure. I'd be disappointed if another SE character over Sora got in, but you know what? I'd be happy for that character's fanbase because they got the character they wanted. Every character has fans with personal attachment to that character, and you should respect that.

Take a moment from your keyboard and think about what you say before you post it. Please.
I don't think it's such a bad thing to say "I'd be happy if this character doesn't get in". Plenty of people have been saying that they don't want Steve to get in because Banjo is better or that Katalina shouldn't get in because they don't want a character from a mobile game. I mean, as long as you're respectful about it, it should be fine to state your opinion about Sora or Steve or Katalina or whoever, right? Now, if you hate on a fanbase if their character gets in, that's a different story, but just saying you don't like said character and don't personally want that character in the game isn't a bad thing, is it?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Dang, I can understand Viridi getting ignored because of her dig at Chrom, but Magnus shouldn't suffer for it (even if it does lessen Sakurai bias).
We could at least get his club as a item.. Like FFS add a bunch of Kid Icarus weapons as items alot of them were really cool!

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Man, every time I think about Spirits, I get hyped. NPCs that inhabit characters, so they act like how those NPCs would act. They're there without being there. That's so ****ing cool.
I'm still not entirely sure what it is lol. What I'm getting is the Adventure takes place in the Spirits mode, correct? And that you can only unlock/use said Spirits in this mode?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Noipoi Noipoi , it has been done. Consider me an even more notable member of the Incinesquad (*roars for no reason*)!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh, this is not your super smash bros' World of Light

THIS IS
Sakurai is getting his troll skills up recently.

First the plant, and now Adventure Mode turning into a Kirby game.

I have said it before, but Sakurai will take Kojima’s crown for the biggest troll in gaming.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Keep in mind that Sakurai never said the only DLC will be the Fighter's Pass. It's just a specific set of DLC. The fact we have Piranha Plant just means he could announce other stuff. Of course, expecting just the six is reasonable at this time(because why should we expect more than he outright said?). Hoping for more is another story.
I do think we're only getting six characters, but that's because almost no company offers DLC characters outside of the ones they show in a Pass. Exception being NRS with their pre-order bonuses (which is a similar case to Piranha Plant) and that one time in Injustice where they offered two DLC characters unrelated to their Pass (those being Martian Manhunter and Zatanna).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hmm, after crosschecking the Japanese and the English directs, there seems to be some notable differences.

About the Japanese Direct, I think it was on the 30:10 or so out of the timeline in the video, but on that mark, it's where Sakurai starts talking about DLC. I don't speak Japanese, but apparently, at one point, he says that all five DLC characters were meant to be avaliable at launch too, but it unfortunately didn't make it due to time constrats, however the English Direct doesn't mention this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Neither did his comment on me lol. I'm not gonna let someone question my maturity for not wanting a character in a video game, and I'm not sorry about it. Like I said, had there been no comments towards me there would be no argument.
Well still, if you have to resort to insults in a debate or arguement, that's probably a sign you should drop it.
Bruh, this is not your super smash bros' World of Light

THIS IS
My God...It all makes sense now!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did you make the sprites on your signature?

They have great quality.
Unfortunately, I am not talented enough to make anything like that. However, I was talented enough to add the Mr. Dastardly mustache to EvilBub in the SB smileys. :EvilBub:

D

Deleted member

Spirits is how i wanted Adventure Mode to be.
Something between Melee and Brawl, and with character interactions.

I feel like i will love it a lot.

Starbound

He did release a video on the direct and I think he's doing fine judging by the video. Just really miffed.

I do imagine though that there's probably a lot of negativity going his way after the direct though so papagenos papagenos please continue being awesome!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Crash is absolutely a tier of his own compared to Banjo lmao. He was basically the Playstation's mascot and was HUGE in Japan, an incredible feat considering Japan's preference for games in their country, to the point Japan's adoration for the guy got acknowledged with the Crash Dance getting added to the game. Crash also just had a hugely successful revival, albeit likely too late for Smash to capitalize on that. So when compared to basically the mascot of an incredibly successful system, a franchise where people forget nearly half of the games, which are 2 of them btw, can't really hold a candle to it
Exactly, thank you. This is what I've been trying to say about why I don't think Banjo has a chance for DLC

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet

Why would he be getting **** for voicing support or a leak?

I've liked what papagenos has posted since Sm4sh. Less so the YouTube videos but they're still well spoken. Why does it matter he was wrong?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Why would he be getting **** for voicing support or a leak?

I've liked what papagenos has posted since Sm4sh. Less so the YouTube videos but they're still well spoken. Why does it matter he was wrong?
Because people get crap for saying stuff that fans don't want to hear :(

Starbound

Hmm, after crosschecking the Japanese and the English directs, there seems to be some notable differences.

About the Japanese Direct, I think it was on the 30:10 or so out of the timeline in the video, but on that mark, it's where Sakurai starts talking about DLC. I don't speak Japanese, but apparently, at one point, he says that all five DLC characters were meant to be avaliable at launch too, but it unfortunately didn't make it due to time constrats, however the English Direct doesn't mention this.
Do you have a source on this? Because that's potentially really big in terms of information.

NineS

Smash Lord
Just take the main characters of all FF games.
Now then, add Dragon Quest Characters.
Now add Chrono Trigger.
Now add KH.
Now add Bravely.
Now add Octopath.
Now add Tomb Raider.
Now add Deux Ex.
Now add TWEWY.
Now add Nier Automata.
Now add Secret of Mana.

Jesus dude, Square-Enix have so many ****ing iconics characters, they can make their own smash bros without blushing or being embarassed in front of Smash.
I think it's pretty clear at this point I'll happily eat up anything with NieR/Drakengard.

Except Drakengard 2.

Sweet garlic bread, listening to myself speak, I've realized I've really become that 'NieR' guy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Because people get crap for saying stuff that fans don't want to hear :(
Also, YouTube has a lot of commenters that aren't too kind.

Just take the main characters of all FF games.
Now then, add Dragon Quest Characters.
Now add Chrono Trigger.
Now add KH.
Now add Bravely.
Now add Octopath.
Now add Tomb Raider.
Now add Deux Ex.
Now add TWEWY.
Now add Nier Automata.
Now add Secret of Mana.

Jesus dude, Square-Enix have so many ****ing iconics characters, they can make their own smash bros without blushing or being embarassed in front of Smash.
But not Hitman, since IO bailed.

Seriously, we could have had a professional assassin with silly disguises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom