• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>remember sakurai said a LAN adapter is recommended
>google what adapter goes with the switch
>first thing i find is a video from April saying don't buy it

1500072882232.jpg

Does anyone here even have one?

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Can I point out that we saw a bunch of new Spirits in the Japanese live stream, yet there is still no sign of any Spirits from Xenoblade Chronicles X. What's the deal?
We've already seen one, and I still bet there will be more. Seriously, don't expect many if not any major Nintendo characters to not be a spirit if not in the base roster.
Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 6.36.30 AM.png

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Alright so let me see if i follow

Vergeben is still onyl certain one of the dlc characters is a SE Rep

Vergeben is confident in Hitagi

Hitagi said Steve and Granblue but then backpedaled on both for whatever reason (probably because theyre negotiating those two for season 2 i dunno)

We still dont know jack **** do we?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Guessing Smash newcomers was hard enough for leakers, DLC might be even worse
TBF the info we do have (from verge at least) has been vague af. A se rep and minecraft "content". However they are reporting that the SE will be the first one and another credible leaker Spawn is claiming Sora. If a Sora reveal is coming as soon as the VGA, then it'd make sense for that info to be out already but for the rest of the characters to still be in very early stages

D

Deleted member

View attachment 175425

I've used it for Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis, it ain't bad and Ethernet is always better than wireless. Just don't leave it plugged in while your Switch is off, it'll heat the system up.
Yeah, I don't know why it happens either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Hitagi said Steve and Granblue but then backpedaled on both for whatever reason (probably because theyre negotiating those two for season 2 i dunno)

Another leaker called Spawn is claiming Sora

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

The only things we can probably treat with confidence are a SE DLC character, and following that, Minecraft content.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Megaman 11 seems like a great game iv only played the demo, but its really fun. I did play Dragon Quest builders and that was actually really fun. So if its better than that Im excited. I did see that Slime placed higher than Sora in Watch Mojo's most popular Square Enix characters. So I honestly can see what you're saying a Hero with Slime somewhere in his move set. Question is which hero would it be, the most recent hero or the most well known hero?
Besides Slime (Which I don't think will be playable regardless) there are 3 real options for a DQ character, Erdrick (The Main Character of DQ3 and Historical legend in lore of DQ1&2 and fulfills a role similar to Cloud or Marth in the Series. The icon of the series as it were), Eight (The Main Character of DQ8 and is something like a Hector in the series by being one of the more Well Known protagonists of the series) and the Luminary (The most Recent Protagonist from DQ11) By all accounts, It should be Erdrick. He can even have Gender Swap alts as well.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Just a question, but did anybody else think Spring Man wouldn’t be a fighter?
My main reasoning for thinking this is because it would be hard to stay true to Arms and not make every single move Simon’s Up Ariel x2
I think his moveset in the Assist Trophy looks great (and heaps of fun to play).

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That's Grammarly steering me in the wrong direction lol.

If not season 1 Sora will be in.

I have a strong feeling that KH3 is gonna be on Switch.

Now how many seasons for DLC are planned?

Don't know, but the conservative answer I'd wager is 3 and the bold answer can be anywhere from 4 to 5.

Though I'd imagine later ones might have echoes, which is fine as echoes have shifts in quality
Just teasing X)
I wish there'd be more than one season, but the first one ends Feb. 2020. I don't know, if they want to start working on a new Smash, new seasons will hinder their work for sure. So my guess goes for one only.. and a very slight slim chance of a 2nd, and that's it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
But Square already has Cloud. They don't need a Square rep.
Not to be that guy, but Square have so many Iconics characters, probably even more iconics than 1/3 of the current roster that they could make a Smash game with their own characters and it would be just hype addition.
Same goes for Capcom and Namco

They are all worthy of a second/third big rep for them.

D

Deleted member

I feel like Rare and Microsoft may be doing something else for Banjo, Smash or not.

They have teased this year since Nuts & Bolts, and they are releasing some marketing (like the First 4 Figures product and the Totaku figurine).

If they reveal the N64 Mini, i can see it including Rare titles, and Microsoft may be planning something to give some sense to the 2018 tease.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

View attachment 175425

*****, buy a LAN cable. It's a cheap 10-20 investment for something that will improve the online for not just you and smash, but for everyone else on the planet and every other online game, smh.

D

Deleted member

I can see Banjo happening. In fact, i feel like him joining in a Microsoft pack alongside a Minecraft stage makes a lot of sense as a product.

Banjo will go towards the fans who have asked him for years, and the Minecraft stage is there to attrack the huge demographic that the game has.

That way, they will win a lot no matter what, from the old fans, and from the general market.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, regardless of who the Microsoft rep is it’s still pretty cool Microsoft is getting a character in Smash. If Rayman is one of the other DLC characters then Ubisoft would get a rep and I feel like all of the big gaming companies would be part of Smash.

Untouch

Smash Master
BVPLS[1].png

This is the last time they said anything about this. Not only is this vague, it feels like him just saying this incase she isn't in. I don't think he would know ANYTHING about any negotiations.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... what are your thoughts on this
My thoughts is I'm just gonna wait for Nintendo to release info themselves. No point getting hype over rumors at best even if it's by someone like verge, not because I don't believe him but because anything could happen take ****ing Piranha Plant as proof of that.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The only thing that makes me question a Granblue character is Sakurai has stated he didn't want to add Takamaru because he didn't think people in the west would know who he was. But of course there's also Roy, so maybe that thought is moot

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
My thoughts is I'm just gonna wait for Nintendo to release info themselves. No point getting hype over rumors at best even if it's by someone like verge, not because I don't believe him but because anything could happen take ****ing Piranha Plant as proof of that.
To Be Entirely Fair, verge did leave a small hint that he did in fact know about PP a day before the direct

Shroob

Sup?
Regardless of "WHO" the Square rep is, we can assume two things:

Verg says that they're going to be the first one revealed.

Spawn Wave says Sora at the VGAs.

Two and Two together means Sora's DLC and he's being shown off at the VGAs to break the goddamn internet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
*****, buy a LAN cable. It's a cheap 10-20 investment for something that will improve the online for not just you and smash, but for everyone else on the planet and every other online game, smh.
Sure, just let me grab my walle-

Guess you're lagging.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Two and Two together means Sora's DLC and he's being shown off at the VGAs to break the goddamn internet.
Best timeline to every happen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only thing that makes me question a Granblue character is Sakurai has stated he didn't want to add Takamaru because he didn't think people in the west would know who he was. But of course there's also Roy, so maybe that thought is moot
If there's one thing Sakurai is...
It isn't consistent in his design decisions.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Not to be that guy, but Square have so many Iconics characters, probably even more iconics than 1/3 of the current roster that they could make a Smash game with their own characters and it would be just hype addition.
Same goes for Capcom and Namco

They are all worthy of a second/third big rep for them.
But you did however.
I was trying to make a point for A.G.L. A.G.L. , please read the whole conv. first.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Sora in Smash would definitely break the internet. With Kingdom Hearts 3 close it would be the perfect time.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

And if we're following Sakurai's pattern of things which seems to be start with the strong reveals and end on the Piranha Plant, our last DLC's gonna be Fortniter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom