• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yup-
But STRICTLY the playable Characters themselves. Not their alt, or different form.
I think I understand. Basically non-fighter spirits cannot become playable characters because they're able to be equipped, and all the fighter spirits cannot be equipped?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
First of all, I literally don't care who they add, my heart begs Dante and Bandana Dee but if all we get is **** like idk, Banjo, Geno, Katalina, Wollywog and that one random Animal Crossing villager Sakurai picked when blindfolded I wouldn't even care, I've already gotten Ridley and even the goddamn plant was hype as hell for me due to "What the ****". Only thing I'm salty about now is that K.Rool's trailer didn't do a good job at showing his more wacky moves amd that Little Mac doesn't have blue boxing gloves anymore

Second, no it isn't

Grandpa Mike put your reading glasses on I wasn't talking about you when I was talking about fear mongerers. You're just taking it with a grain of salt and entertaining the idea lol. I'm talking at the people treating it like fact and getting mad and upset
My apologies then, friend :)

D

Deleted member

Paper Bowser was also a Battle Icons. And with Paper Mario being a spirit, I'm betting you that spirit you unlock can be used as icons for online
While i can understand why some are worried about the Spirits, we need to remember something:

Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Smash 4 before joining as DLC. In fact, they had way different models when they became fighters.

Some Spirits can have the same fate.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I’m just glad I don’t have to worry about a character I have no interest in from a game that was censored to kingdom come in America getting a DLC spot. More chances for some of my faves.
I mean I didn't like the breast slider being removed but I don't think "adding slightly more clothes to a child" is "censoring to kingdom come" nor does it stop it from being an excellent game but that's just me I guess.

Anyway, the lack of content really could mean either thing but considering there's a Rhythm Heaven song in the Misc section it really doesn't make sense they'd not slot in at least one X song unless planning something. You still have to worry, and I hope you worry a lot.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
While i can understand why some are worried about the Spirits, we need to remember something:

Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Smash 4 before joining as DLC. In fact, they had way different models when they became fighters.

The difference is that Geno literally have ONE art and render.

If he's not a fighter spirit and a normal Spirit.

What are they going to use for his Fighter spirit?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm sorry to the Elma fans, but I don't think she's getting in the game as playable. I mean, Rex was a much more popular choice and the best he got was a mii costume, which tells me that Elma doesn't really have much of a chance, since she's not as popular as him.
What it tells me is that the DLC was planned a long time ago, and was potentially intended to be part of the base game instead which would still put elma in the running

The lack of Xenoblade X content is also very suspicious, they didn't even put the primordia tracks on gaur plain which is the most obvious thing in the world

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I can see Sora as the SE rep, and Banjo joining as part of a Microsoft pack with a Minecraft stage.
At this point I feel like Sora makes the most sense as the Square rep there's a huge new game coming out around the same time as Smash. Square has been having talks with Nintendo about a possible KH3 release on the Switch as they are heavily interested in the possibility of a Switch port. Sakurai and Nomura are on good terms and Sakurai is a fan of the KH series. And Nintendo and Disney are also have a good relationship with each other so I think it makes perfect sense for Sora to appear in Smash.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean I didn't like the breast slider being removed but I don't think "adding slightly more clothes to a child" is "censoring to kingdom come" nor does it stop it from being an excellent game but that's just me I guess.

Anyway, the lack of content really could mean either thing but considering there's a Rhythm Heaven song in the Misc section it really doesn't make sense they'd not slot in at least one X song unless planning something. You still have to worry, and I hope you worry a lot.
Adding more clothes to a child? What child?

D

Deleted member

The sprite from the game.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
One of the thing I’m the most upset about is that Falcon doesn’t have a Blood Falcon costume... but a color based on Blood Falcon with the back logo on but not the skull on the helmet or the spikes on the shoulder pads or the eyes...

Like Meta Knight got a Dark version costume, why the heck does Falcon get the short end of the stick? What the actual ****

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey you know what else was “fearmongering and misinfo”?
The box theory
Except it wasn't. I don't even care if she's in or not but until Verge himself can say with confidence "Yup, Katalina's in" or "Some of my sources are agreeing with this", then he's only speculating.

His artwork for Smash if he gets in? I don't see the issue

RandomAce

Smash Champion
But Vergeben trusts this other guy, and so we probably should too
He said he corroborated with him because they heard similar things, more so that Minecraft was getting something (which even then are a bit different).

Katalina was something he never heard from his sources, and all he did was combine his information with Hitagi’s. His recent statement is mostly speculation, since he simply doesn’t know if the stuff Hitagi said is actually true.

The stuff surrounding Grandblue is sketchy, and is why a lot of people are confused about Katalina being a potential DLC fighter.

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
If Sora's in, maybe we could see a Donald and Goofy AT where they change appearance depending on the franchise the stage they're on is from (For example on a Pokemon stage donald could transform into a golduck and goofy into a midnight lycaroc)

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Has anybody seen if Roy:ultroy: speaks English yet?

Edit: or any other languages?

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
One of the thing I’m the most upset about is that Falcon doesn’t have a Blood Falcon costume... but a color based on Blood Falcon with the back logo on but not the skull on the helmet or the spikes on the shoulder pads or the eyes...

Like Meta Knight got a Dark version costume, why the heck does Falcon get the short end of the stick? What the actual ****
Okay I’m still not over this? Like I’m certain that Sakurai actually hates Captain Falcon at this point

D

Deleted member

Why are you so mean to my faves :(
Hey, I think Elma is better than a lot of the suggestions going around. Certainly better than Dante, at least Elma is a Nintendo character with a game actually on Nintendo systems.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Except it wasn't. I don't even care if she's in or not but until Verge himself can say with confidence "Yup, Katalina's in" or "Some of my sources are agreeing with this", then he's only speculating.

His artwork for Smash if he gets in? I don't see the issue
Fighter spirits' artworks are from their original games tho, not from smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Adding more clothes to a child? What child?
Lin Li Koo or however you spell her name, is a 13 year old and one of her outfits was deemed too skimpy so they covered her outfit up a bit more, some asshole I know was so angry about this he tried saying "WELL SHELS A ROBOT SO IT'S OK TO JACK OFF TO HER AND GIVE HER SKIMPY CLOTHES" and I was livid he dared spoil a game that wasn't due to release in English for 6 months and I desperately tried to go in blind.

He wasn't even right, she's just human too

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’m just glad I don’t have to worry about a character I have no interest in from a game that was censored to kingdom come in America getting a DLC spot. More chances for some of my faves.
I mean to be fair... A character who came from a heavily censored game has happened before as DLC...
*Cough* :ultcorrin:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

This. Spirits are essentially if stickers and trophies had a baby. I doubt they mean much in terms of someone being playable or not as DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And that's the cold, hard truth. I don't think it's looking good for Elma personally
Eh, wasn't supporting her too much anyways. Still, it is a bit rough to have less content for her game than Eternal Darkness of all things.

That was another thing, Verge never heard about it at all.

All Verge did was try to put two and two together. He still doesn’t know what the Minecraft content is either and if Steve is a character. We simply assumed that it was due to how the Fighter Pass works, which even then, we don’t know Sakurai’s full plan for DLC.

Steve and Katalina are still simply speculation.
The sentiment is mostly because Verg managed to get Ken and Incineroar right, yet he still managed to miss K. Rool and PP.

So, until further notice Verg is most likely going to be seen as the local prophet again.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I still miss trophies...I wish they change their minds on removing trophies by adding them through an update, but I doubt it.

On that subject, you think we'll get free content updates like we did with Odyssey alongside the dlc or no?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Report says that he don't. He speek anime.
That'll be really disappointing if that's the case for the English version of the game. Ray Chase is great.

D

Deleted member

I still miss trophies...I wish they change their minds on removing trophies by adding them through an update, but I doubt it.

On that subject, you think we'll get free content updates like we did with Odyssey alongside the dlc or no?
Maybe Mii costumes and with some luck, skins for fighters.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

I would love it, I know it’s no new characters or stages, but I’d like new stages and ****... heck maybe new echo fighters

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
He said he corroborated with him because they heard similar things, more so that Minecraft was getting something (which even then are a bit different).

Katalina was something he never heard from his sources, and all he did was combine his information with Hitagi’s. His recent statement is mostly speculation, since he simply doesn’t know if the stuff Hitagi said is actually true.

The stuff surrounding Grandblue is sketchy, and is why a lot of people are confused about Katalina being a potentially DLC fighter.
But at the same time it kind of makes sense. I mean, Smash Ultimate has the gacha feature in the single-player Spirits mode, and Granblue Fantasy is basically a gacha JRPG

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Lin Li Koo or however you spell her name, is a 13 year old and one of her outfits was deemed too skimpy so they covered her outfit up a bit more, some ******* I know was so angry about this he tried saying "WELL SHELS A ROBOT SO IT'S OK TO JACK OFF TO HER AND GIVE HER SKIMPY CLOTHES" and I was livid he dared spoil a game that wasn't due to release in English for 6 months and I desperately tried to go in blind.

He wasn't even right, she's just human too
Oh, I thought we were talking about a child character in Smash that had more clothes added to them

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I doubt it.

Also, I feel the Spirits are better than stickers not just because there's a more blatant "USE ME" thing cause like, who even used stickers in SSE? But also that I feel it's handled better, it's not limited to how much you can put on a single trophy stand or character exclusivity it seems

D

Deleted member

Not to go off topic, but...

Who cares if Xenoblade Chronicles X had some censored costumes? Last I checked, games were judged on their gameplay and if that was fun, not how much skin you could get the characters to show. And to me, Xenoblade Chronicles X was a fun game (still need to go back and finish it at some point), but meh, to each their own, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom