• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
If this is real, you have my word I won't brag about being right to ya'll on team fake here. Respect to you all for participating in trying to figure this out, keeping everyone in check and being the ones to do some of the deep digging.

But those insiders?
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Real talk if Cleo was the Dragalia Lost DLC rep I’d be down with it

Cleo is best girl don’t @ me
maybe she will get a christmas version with a story that changes my mind, but Hellisanne's story moved her from standard starter bait to top contender

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Can I just take Monado so I can cheat my way through life? Sword's strapped to his back most of the time, it might as well be a fashion accessory...
It's useless against humans unless you unlock it's second form too. Might as well be the sickest toy lightsaber out there

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If this is real, you have my word I won't brag about being right to ya'll on team fake here. Respect to you all for participating in trying to figure this out, keeping everyone in check and being the ones to do some of the deep digging.

But those insiders?
View attachment 173469
i'm getting nauseous because of how often i've seen that gif recently

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
They said one of the characters in an AT, and by how they've talked about every other character it only leaves Banjo and MR as possible candidates.

It's an assumption on my part but I'm pretty confident it's MR.

And I haven't read the whole thread so haven't really followed all of the stuff about Stealth.
Is Mystic really legit? I don't want Mach Rider to be the one singled out to be the AT :(

Untouch

Smash Master
That "leak" that guessed Lucas, thank god I did not want to deal people actually debating that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A little off track but something nobody seems to report on that I think needs talking.

The wendy’s college trailer thing, the newer build footage seems to be higher saturation, it looks like they fixed the complaints of “The colors are too washed out”
Could this be right or is it more of an off screen color boost? Even the background of the stage looks more colorfulView attachment 173465
I believe this has been explained. The footage they had was from outdoors on an overcast day, so they used video editing to up the saturation artificially.

D

Deleted member

It's useless against humans unless you unlock it's second form too. Might as well be the sickest toy lightsaber out there

Are you telling me I don't get the powers of plot convenience? I'll just use Monado Cash which floods my bank account with money and then I'm all set. Also Shulk and the other peoples of Bionis are homs, so it might be able to damage people.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He said that the banner leak is fake because one of the characters is actually an assist trophy
I must've missed it; I only remember him saying the banner itself is fake, and that most of his sources couldn't completely confirm or disconfirm it, as they all just said something about it was "odd," and even then, the banner being fake was based on his observation; "after scrutiny."

Mach Rider or Shadow would be the most-likely, though, and Shadow less-so if Jon from GameXplain does know about him.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
So what are people's bets on when the next Direct is, and is it a general direct or a Smash direct?

Last edited:

Chrono.

This post on r/smashbros is good and deserves a read.

But tl;dr: Just chill out and enjoy the ride. man.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Is Mystic really legit? I don't want Mach Rider to be the one singled out to be the AT :(
Honestly, I wouldn't take everything these insiders say to heart. Maybe Mach Rider won't get revealed, or deconfirmed. Maybe he gets in as a playable character. I think perhaps you're better off supporting your favorite characters without worry (at least, I would want to as well). Don't put too much trust into them, really.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
New theory: Nintendos was bumped up a day because it has a visible cat in one of the screenshots and Nintendo wanted to try and ease the internet because... The leak is real!

/s obviously

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nobody should put too much investment in speculative content.
Why?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, I wouldn't take everything these insiders say to heart. Maybe Mach Rider won't get revealed, or deconfirmed. Maybe he gets in as a playable character. I think perhaps you're better off supporting your favorite characters without worry (at least, I would want to as well). Don't put too much trust into them, really.
Happy 3000 Iri!

Graizen

Smash Champion
For me the leak is real, but we will see more characters than the ones in the banner.

And people will start saying that "the leak was fake!"

Just think about it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
On one hand, National Cat Day beckons to put up a post about a cat, so they put up the stage with the cat in it.

On the other hand, Mewtwo. I consider it a warped feline, shaddap.

Untouch

Smash Master
Blog Theory 2: Back with a Vengeance
If they only post 1 stage a week, they need a direct this week to announce 5 remaining stages since we would have 5 posts left.

Blog Theory 3: This Time It's Purr-sonal
They only posted the stage today because they're going to be announcing something tomorrow.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Who made their name or an alt account named Eric Bricard? What newbie joined under this name?!

Look I've been here for 11 years. I'm exhausted and ya'll are doing way too much.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so the Nintendogs stage got uploaded on the Japanese side of the site after all. Like I said, unpredictable.

New theory: Nintendos was bumped up a day because it has a visible cat in one of the screenshots and Nintendo wanted to try and ease the internet because... The leak is real!

/s obviously
Okay, but how does the dog factor into this?

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

This is probably the only time I can get away with posting this image before launch.

...unless the leak gets busted

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
*smash direct starts*
"Welcome, everyone. We know that you have been waiting anxiously for updates within the last 85 days. We promise the wait has been worth it. Today, for newcomers to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, we at Nintendo are proud to announce..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom