• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The past is a daydream, the future a memory. Or is it the other way around? I keep forgetting.

Point is, there is only the present. Our prison without bars.

And in the present you're getting Ultimate, unboxing Ultimate, playing Ultimate, complaining to people online about Ultimate, foregoing showers to play more Ultimate, having weird dreams about your mom winning EVO Grand Finals on Ultimate.

And you'll look back on this week as a fond premonition.
Miss you :'(

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

We got a stage as the update.
First of all, literally everyone was wrong earlier.
Second of all, What'll be the secondary update tomorrow, then?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
if the Direct is on November 1st, doesn't that kill the Grinch leak?
The Smash switch bundle comes out soon after, and we already know that neither Camelot nor Rare or Microsoft were in the copyright section on the box
Nah. Assuming the Grinch leak is real, the box was still printed and shipped to warehouses before their reveal so they don’t need to be on it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
??? Banjo and Issac are currently not officially known to the public so Camelot and Rare aren't on the bundle's box.
The bundle wasn't supposed to be released yet...
Remember that...
Someone got their hands on it and checked the copyright section

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Um.... doesn't this mean they could technically datamine it? Even if you can't play it, it IS the game...right?
I mean, he's really only given the code. I guess I don't know what exactly could be done with it, but this guy is not supposed to be a leaker, if my post made it sound like that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I can't believe Eric Bricard liked my post. :confused:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
A little off track but something nobody seems to report on that I think needs talking.

The wendy’s college trailer thing, the newer build footage seems to be higher saturation, it looks like they fixed the complaints of “The colors are too washed out”
Could this be right or is it more of an off screen color boost? Even the background of the stage looks more colorful
667FF825-F4DA-4373-B68E-9F4369901A89.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Stage update is so they can show off two stages this week because clearly the Blog Theory isn't dead enough already

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
God, this is driving me bonkers. So many little potential hints that could ultimately mean nothing, so many other potential leaks we’ve missed, and so many misleading and contradictory messages. We’re just slaves to the rhythm until the direct finally lands.

beans

Smash Lord
Reminder that a direct this week wasnt a impossible guess, because of the Nintendo Live event this friday 2nd.
It was akready theorized that the build of SSBU to be used in the event would be a new one because of specified details found and translated.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
A little off track but something nobody seems to report on that I think needs talking.

The wendy’s college trailer thing, the newer build footage seems to be higher saturation, it looks like they fixed the complaints of “The colors are too washed out”
Could this be right or is it more of an off screen color boost? Even the background of the stage looks more colorfulView attachment 173465
But I liked the old style. More cartoony and bright and it'll reallt just look like a port

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
So a stage with no music? Hmmmm weird.

Does this have any implications for the leak or not? I can't draw any but maybe someone knows?

Edit: Also no direct announcement = this week ****ed?

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Could this be right or is it more of an off screen color boost? Even the background of the stage looks more colorfulView attachment 173465
To be honest, it just looks like that video has a weird filter on it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, but they always post a stage with the music post and only with the music post.
....huh, I never noticed that before. I always just kept in mind that the music update is constant, lol.

May be something, maybe not, we'll see.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
If you could acquire a piece of clothing from your favorite or one of your favorite Smash characters, which would it be?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Stage update is so they can show off two stages this week because clearly the Blog Theory isn't dead enough already
The second stage is Nintendo Direct

The backdrop is completely white, but occasionally a Direct presenter will come out as a stage hazard. The scenes will change so that you're fighting over different game trailers. Towards the end of the time limit, the stage swaps to a Smash Bros reveal trailer.

Akiak

Smash Ace
At this point I'm pretty much 100% certain that Stealth has the same info Mystic had (that Mach Rider is an AT).

So the key to this whole thing is basically some weird Mach Rider shenanigans (or the leak is fake I guess)

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, this could be me in tinfoil hat mode. But is it possible Nintendo prepared for a leak to happen cause of what happened with Smash 4? and is now intentionally feeding people who are in the gaming industry false information so that they could sway the public's opinion? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had thought of something to control any leak that could get out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom