• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait, what's this about a leaked commercial?

I'm considering changing my profile pic back to Emil...
Noooo! We're like two days from Halloween. Stick it out.

Though with all this Resident Evil talk today, I'm very seriously considering going your route and becoming "The RE Guy" when I pick my next one. Since I'm no longer "The Daisy Guy" now that she's in the game and lots of people like her now.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I thought about that and I really want to have a Ric Flair like Throat Chop!

Every time it lands, the crowd goes "Whooooooo!!!!"
Incineroar's Final Smash isn't the Moonsault like everyone thought.

It's a low blow followed by brass knucks while the refs back is turned.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Said it before, will say it again: The Smash community is one of the worst groups of people who have ever lived.
That's an exaggeration, but certainly one of the worst Internet communities.
Nah, its not the smash community itself, but rather the type of people on the internet that didn't learn to respect others. Like any community there are good respectful people and there are bad people that don't respect others. The larger the community the more noticeable some of the latter are. As I say always take a moment to reflect on your words and actions as it can say a lot about yourself.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
REGARDLESS OF THAT INFORMATION, in other words, the stuff that pretty much everyone cared about, people remained on the offensive defending their stance because...why? Basically I just don't understand why it's such a fierce debate.
I said it earlier, but it's because this leak has all the remaining unconfirmed big requests: Geno, Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, plus the two Echo Fighters we're already expecting, plus Mach Rider and Chorus Kids.

Meanwhile, the pervading expectation has been Incineroar (who has very limited appeal), Ken, and "Square Enix rep" (presumably Geno). That's probably not the full scope of what would be added, but it's much less than the Grinch leak. So when there's hope that all these characters are going to be added in spite of all expectation, of course people are going to latch onto that.

But in the face of evidence that might diminish that hope, it's expected that people are going to react negatively. Similar to how when a leak reveals characters that people don't want, they pass it off as fake, like the ESRB leak. This stuff is less about evidence and reasonability and more about what people want and don't want. Don't forget that some people still think Waluigi will be in the game, and that his appearance as an Assist Trophy at E3 was just an elaborate troll job by Sakurai, despite that being completely insane.

On top of that, people don't like to admit that they're wrong, so rather than be humble and acknowledge that, they double down and go "No you're wrong!" Thus when all these insiders come out and (in many cases unprofessionally) say that the leak is false, people are going to resent that. And from there it's just devolved into ad hominem and other attacks, rather than actually debating the legitimacy of these matters. People have been doing it to Vergeben for months, and now it's being spread around to all the other insiders who are throwing their hats in the ring over this issue.

Months ago I made some predictions that were wrong. I predicted some characters that were deconfirmed. I predicted we'd get a Direct earlier this month, and that didn't happen. Hell, I'm predicting that the Grinch leak is fake, but if it turns out to be true, I'll fully admit that I was wrong and be glad that I was wrong. But as much as I want the leak to be real, there's too many issues I have with its presentation and content to put my faith in it.

This is why leaks are bad. They screw over the developers who work hard to keep these things a secret and wait to present them at the right time, they cause people to become divided and vicious to each other, and it might all be over something that isn't even real.

Polan

Smash Lord
What? They're mostly different people posting their opinion, no? I doubt people are flip-flopping like that
Personally I haven't seen a single reason to believe him yet, direct or leak or whatever he says.
i'm not asking you to believe him, i'm just saying that it's funny to see a leaker getting attention saying stuff that people want and then discarded once they say something that people don't want.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I guess they refer to the Ken one and this Isabelle vs. Yoshi one.
Wait, Isabelle vs. Yoshi?

How's that a leak, though? Did we not know Yoshi was in the game before now? Did anyone break the news to Zinith Zinith ?

NineS

Smash Lord
Noooo! We're like two days from Halloween. Stick it out.

Though with all this Resident Evil talk today, I'm very seriously considering going your route and becoming "The RE Guy" when I pick my next one. Since I'm no longer "The Daisy Guy" now that she's in the game and lots of people like her now.
Do it.
Join us.

Join us in the "Themed-members" club.
Become "that RE guy."

It worked for Zinith.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The fact that the vast majority of insiders are against this and apparently one guy has access to all this info is suspect as hell.

Either this guy went the mile to fake this all up (which is a huge thing to do and also a really scummy thing to do) or the insiders all got their information wrong from their sources.

Whatever happens this week (assuming the Direct actually happens) is going to be very interesting and dare I say a turning point for speculation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yoshi messes with Isabelle...**** that tax fraud loving *******
Nope. Just bad.

They actually recreated the original Resident Evil, with static backgrounds and moving characters and everything, on the Game Boy Color. While a technical achievement, it plays like absolute ***. Most times you can't tell which way your character is facing because it's like five total pixels on the other side of the room. Dodging zombies is nearly impossible due to a total lack of true perspective.

There's a reason it was never finished and released to the public.
well **** and oof
I thought about that and I really want to have a Ric Flair like Throat Chop!

Every time it lands, the crowd goes "Whooooooo!!!!"
Or he’ll get boos like Charlotte Flair

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
if the Direct is on November 1st, doesn't that kill the Grinch leak?
The Smash switch bundle comes out soon after, and we already know that neither Camelot nor Rare or Microsoft were in the copyright section on the box

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
What'd i miss i was eating dinner.. and going for another walk.. and playing fetch with my dog. and alot of stuff actually now that i think about it..

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Do it.
Join us.

Join us in the "Themed-members" club.
Become "that RE guy."

It worked for Zinith.
Welp. Daisy's in and I'm not even sure if I'll main her because I don't like Peach's kit.

Midna's an AT, that ain't happening.

And Resident Evil is my single favorite gaming series, if I could only pick one. I have all the ****ing comics and terrible S. D. Perry novels to prove it.

Hmmmmmmmm.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Nope. Just bad.

They actually recreated the original Resident Evil, with static backgrounds and moving characters and everything, on the Game Boy Color. While a technical achievement, it plays like absolute ***. Most times you can't tell which way your character is facing because it's like five total pixels on the other side of the room. Dodging zombies is nearly impossible due to a total lack of true perspective.

There's a reason it was never finished and released to the public.
I would sacrifice geno, isaac and the chorus kids for chris/jill/leon

NineS

Smash Lord

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
any update on the direct front? at a band competition for my bf rn and haven't been able to keep up

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Anyways if we do get the Smash Direct soon, what do you think it will be on?

Characters? Modes? Spirits?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The Smash switch bundle comes out soon after, and we already know that neither Camelot nor Rare or Microsoft were in the copyright section on the box
I dont believe Creatures inc was on the smash 4 bundles copyright sections either since ness was a secret character

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Remember when source gaming posted the updated character renders alongside Crafted Yoshi?

That’s probably what happened with the regular Yoshi render. It got updated just like Palutena and Falco

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So has Stealth had any track record this cycle? I know he complained about Verge a while back but now that he's swatting down Isaac I may as well swat him

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So is Stealth_ not a troll?

Depends on who's revealed, and whether it's a Smash Direct or Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Everything. They're kind of out of time to have two separate videos.

I think it'll be circa-November 7th, it'll show us Spirits, single player modes, online modes and every character left.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Nintendo is being coy about the next direct because the name of it may as well confirm the Grinch leak alone.

If it's the "100 Fact Extravaganza" or something similar, it's a pretty heavy nod.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Now I want a Conker AT.

If this leak is legit, then I suppose it is possible...

But I doubt they'd want to include him due to his series' uh...graphic content.

Mumbo would be far more likely.
'
We got two M-rated characters already.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

Pretty sure everything else we don’t know lol. The game comes out in about a month. Other than maybe one other character announcement I’m sure this next Smash Direct will be the last Smash news.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The past is a daydream, the future a memory. Or is it the other way around? I keep forgetting.

Point is, there is only the present. Our prison without bars.

And in the present you're getting Ultimate, unboxing Ultimate, playing Ultimate, complaining to people online about Ultimate, foregoing showers to play more Ultimate, having weird dreams about your mom winning EVO Grand Finals on Ultimate.

And you'll look back on this week as a fond premonition.

EDIT: I see Eric Bricard liked this post.

Ey salut le mec quoi de bon mdrrr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom