• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Odd that this would "leak" since there's nothing actually new in it.
Looks like something from that video that got changed for whatever reason, is it a TV ad?
Technically we haven’t seen the battlefield form of New Donk yet which is in the pic

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think this is a gameplay leak, Cleo and Steve as names are too obscure to pick and since there's nothing new in it, it just feels like something that was cut from that video, how'd someone get their hands on it though?

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
One interesting thing to note about the unused footage, is that it doesn't look to be edited on to the screen, whereas the commercial's footage does.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
seriously, i love how stealth was mentioned earlier in the thread as one of the people hinting at a direct and no one batted an eye. but then he says something that people don't like (isaac isn't in) and now he's this massive fraud that no one should believe. make up your mind people.
His evidence didn't amount to much other than "he's not in guys sorry" which doesn't mean much in the face of evidence supporting the character's inclusion.

That's not a knock on the guy but i'm just saying. It's not like he knows everything or if he did is willing to share that info.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'm legit wanting the DIrect to start with Incineroar now...
Talk about a heel entrance...
It would be amazing...
Heels feed on hate...
All of your hate for Incineroar is only adding more fuel to the fire (literally)
yo if he does get announced, im in love with him, guy is better than any WWE heel every

monadoboy

Smash Lord
seriously, i love how stealth was mentioned earlier in the thread as one of the people hinting at a direct and no one batted an eye. but then he says something that people don't like (isaac isn't in) and now he's this massive fraud that no one should believe. make up your mind people.
What? They're mostly different people posting their opinion, no? I doubt people are flip-flopping like that
Personally I haven't seen a single reason to believe him yet, direct or leak or whatever he says.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait, what? Stain I ain't talking about the Grinch leak I'm just discussing the Isaac item
I'm teakfake
Haha I know you are! I was speaking more generally and got offtrack, since the Wendy's leak is often cited as proof for the Grinch thing.

I get carried away in my posts and lose track of what my point was sometimes. :estatic:

Anyway, Isaac! He's a pretty cool dude, so I've heard.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think this is a gameplay leak, Cleo and Steve as names are too obscure to pick and since there's nothing new in it, it just feels like something that was cut from that video, how'd someone get their hands on it though?
Right. Even if it was some footage cut from that video, then it still shouldn't have been posted unless if they had access to such a thing.

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon who's the character in your avatar.
You know why I need it.
Joker, Persona 5

EDIT: ninja'd

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I hope that New Donk BF is real, that background looks so siiiiick.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I really want to believe the Grinch leak and the evidence looks pretty solid to me, but it really bugs me that all the known insiders are saying is fake. Something is happenning and Im really hoping we get a direct soon
Insiders did not know about everyone is here, Daisy, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Richter and any of the modes announced.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Have him come out doing the McMahon strut.

Imagine Incineroar being able to use Throat Chop on his opponents! That would sell it for me, and I could see it working partially like Ryu's Focus Attack and perhaps Warlock Punch. Can't say much aside from that.

ekc

Smash Cadet
We got leaked unused commercial material now? Officially the weirdest hype train I've ever been on.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Haha I know you are! I was speaking more generally and got offtrack, since the Wendy's leak is often cited as proof for the Grinch thing.

I get carried away in my posts and lose track of what my point was sometimes. :estatic:

Anyway, Isaac! He's a pretty cool dude, so I've heard.
Isaac bores me but he's cool. Just happy for his fans haha

Totally understandable.

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Ya'll are nerds.

New thread and there's already near 60 pages.

Any developments today?
Aside from a bunch of insiders saying that not only is a direct coming soon, but also that the Grinch leak is fake, nothing.
Take this how you will BTW. The mouthes of insiders don't confirm or deny anything.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Knowing what the date of the Direct is does not necessarily mean knowing what the roster is. 2 different sets of information.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Imagine Incineroar being able to use Throat Chop on his opponents! That would sell it for me, and I could see it working partially like Ryu's Focus Attack and perhaps Warlock Punch. Can't say much aside from that.
I thought about that and I really want to have a Ric Flair like Throat Chop!

Every time it lands, the crowd goes "Whooooooo!!!!"

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If banjo and Kazooie enter in smash, they better also add conker music
Now I want a Conker AT.

If this leak is legit, then I suppose it is possible...

But I doubt they'd want to include him due to his series' uh...graphic content.

Mumbo would be far more likely.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
The wall in the background is the exact same pattern between the commercial and leak.
View attachment 173460
I honestly don't particularly doubt this leak at all because it's useless content. It shows nothing new, and is very unlikely to show anything new as I suspect the footage was done on a build specifically for this commercial. They're having a hard enough time controlling leaks as is, I doubt they let everyone involved with the commercial see anything they didn't need to see.

Would be cool if something significant pops up, but I really doubt it.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Honestly I see Team Real vs Team fake as just a massive game of Smashball. There's hype, team loyalty, and a desperate need for security to be involved.

I just hope the Grinch doesn't fumble at the 36 Day line.

Untouch

Smash Master
I honestly don't particularly doubt this leak at all because it's useless content. It shows nothing new, and is very unlikely to show anything new as I suspect the footage was done on a build specifically for this commercial. They're having a hard enough time controlling leaks as is, I doubt they let everyone involved with the commercial see anything they didn't need to see.
I'm not saying it's fake, just probably intended to be used in the commercial in place, but wasn't for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom