• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Wendy's confirmed.
At this point I'm pretty much 100% certain that Stealth has the same info Mystic had (that Mach Rider is an AT).

So the key to this whole thing is basically some weird Mach Rider shenanigans (or the leak is fake I guess)
Maybe a mid-game Mach Rider promotion from AT to character?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If incinaroar is in... I hope has a taunt that's a roar... But his roar sounds like Ric Flair's Wooooooo

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I liked the new coloring; Smash 4 is too saturated in comparison imo.

I guess this is okay too, if it is indeed a visual update and not an effect of the screen or camera.

At this point I'm pretty much 100% certain that Stealth has the same info Mystic had (that Mach Rider is an AT).

So the key to this whole thing is basically some weird Mach Rider shenanigans (or the leak is fake I guess)
Since when did Mystic say he was an AT? I didn't see him mention Mach Rider at all.

And isn't Stealth_ a troll?

Last edited:

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, this could be me in tinfoil hat mode. But is it possible Nintendo prepared for a leak to happen cause of what happened with Smash 4? and is now intentionally feeding people who are in the gaming industry false information so that they could sway the public's opinion? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had thought of something to control any leak that could get out there.
Like I been sayin, all the riff raff coming out of the woodworks to give contradicting info. This is Nintendo's disinformation campaign. :smash:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Guys. I've got the perfect song to fit the thread and the mood:

The lyrics. Oh man...lol

"I hear voices but no one's talking to me."

Edit: Oh yeah, and this one...

"All swallowed in grief, images start to stalk like a beast...":laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I'm an insider and can confirm the leak is fake. My evidence is the check Nintendo send me with "Shut Your ****ing Mouth" written on it. Be sure to follow me on Twitter! :)

Iridium

Smash Hero
"This stage is based on the nintendogs games. Check out the antics of the animals in the background—a total of 5 different puppies and a cat. Be careful not to get hit by the falling blocks while you're distracted by their cuteness!"

I'm sorry, but for some reason, I think I'm developing levels of OCD I never thought I had. The grammar irks me more than it should, but this isn't the first time somebody over there has messed up their grammar.

I have some serious problems, don't I?

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
We all just gonna ignore the fact this is a picture in a(technically) new stage with two characters, one of which is a newcomer, not seen in demos or extensive footage?
So we're all in agreement that this picture is real then?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you could acquire a piece of clothing from your favorite or one of your favorite Smash characters, which would it be?
Literally anything Inkling would wear.

Anything.

**** has magic powers for some reason.

Imagine someone trying to sell that **** to me irl
"This shirt will let you walk through ink faster I guess"
"WELL THAT MEANS NOTHING TO ME BUT I'LL BUY IT"

D

Deleted member

You guys talking about Samus's Zero Suit when I would just take Robin's cloak because it's cool af

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I guess this is okay too, if it is indeed a visual update and not an effect of the screen or camera.

Since when did Mystic say he was an AT?
He didn't specifaclly say Mach Rider, but it's heavily speculated to be him/her....
It's either him/her or any of the banner characters that aren't Isaac, Chorus Kids, or Ken, as Mystic believes they are in

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm an insider and can confirm the leak is fake. My evidence is the check Nintendo send me with "Shut Your ****ing Mouth" written on it. Be sure to follow me on Twitter! :)
Hey guys, my super secret official insider source says that incineroar and the banner characters are NOT in. But you know who is confirmed? Sans Undertale and Steve Minecraft! He says he saw proof. Case closed!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Was anything new revealed? I just got back from work to find that we got about 44 new pages.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Then we end up complaining they aren't saying anything. Also not sure what else to call it. How we are seen goes past being obnoxious or annoying, it tends to be actively hateful and toxic as a term fits. *shrugs* Not everyone in the fandom is like that but it's big enough that the bad apples spread that image in a big way.
Okay. It is true that a significant amount of people in the fandom are pretty hateful, but we should be able to criticize insiders if they don't have legitimate evidence to back up their claims. That isn't considered being "toxic".

Akiak

Smash Ace

Since when did Mystic say he was an AT? I didn't see him mention Mach Rider at all.

And isn't Stealth_ a troll?
They said one of the characters in an AT, and by how they've talked about every other character it only leaves Banjo and MR as possible candidates.

It's an assumption on my part but I'm pretty confident it's MR.

And I haven't read the whole thread so haven't really followed all of the stuff about Stealth.

Last edited:

0danmaster0

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1773 3199 8400
"This stage is based on the nintendogs games. Check out the antics of the animals in the background—a total of 5 different puppies and a cat. Be careful not to get hit by the falling blocks while you're distracted by their cuteness!"

I'm sorry, but for some reason, I think I'm developing levels of OCD I never thought I had. The grammar irks me more than it should, but this isn't the first time somebody over there has messed up their grammar.

Nintendogs is written in all lowercase on the box.

D

Deleted member

Can I just take Monado so I can cheat my way through life? Sword's strapped to his back most of the time, it might as well be a fashion accessory...

I find it ridiculous that it boils down to effectively "Either you're with us or against us" mentality.
:p
:p

I'm mostly lurking here but i'm reading almost every posts and that's what bothers me the most. I mean there's nothing wrong with creating 'teams' for fun but just like with the box theory some people tend to pick a side and become way too rigid with their opinions, this is not healthy for any debate imo, nuance is still a thing as far as i know. I mean it's ok to be on the fence for a while, gathering info, making up your mind...

That being said, i have to partially disagree with you, it's not that bad imo, i mean yeah some are very vocal with their negativity but it's not a widespread issue imo. Sometimes one person posts a very negative comment and then 10 others (or more) just post something along the lines of: ''It's so toxic in here'' therefore amplifying the whole thing (that's just my opinion based on my observations).

Generalizing is another 'trap'... i mean i'm no expert about 'insiders' and stuff but in any case, why put everybody in the same basket? Makes no sense to me... as well as generalizing the 'smash community' like it was some kind of hivemind.

That was my 2-3 cents, going back to lurking, peace out.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He didn't specifaclly say Mach Rider, but it's heavily speculated to be him/her....
It's either him/her or any of the banner characters that aren't Isaac, Chorus Kids, or Ken, as Mystic believes they are in
But I don't remember him saying anything about Assist Trophies :S

Was it an answer to a question? I only saw a few of those or so.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

The interns for this game's site are clumsy, what else is new.

It doesn't matter what people's blog post guesses will be, those interns will remain unpredictable since they have no clue what they're doing.

I bet the dang post won't be on the site itself until hours later or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

That's how Nintendo formats nintendogs. Check the official site. Wiki has it wrong.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Was anything new revealed? I just got back from work to find that we got about 44 new pages.
Take it from someone who works 4 hours and a half before his first break:

It increasing by 25-50 pages during that time right now is normal.
And no there's nothing new among those pages. So you can skip right to the last page!

It's pretty great.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
F for 4Chan Anon predicting the contents of the Direct (and his additions of Skull Kid and KOS-MOS)
The Grinch Roster Remains... Let's see if the otters are right about a November 1st Direct.
Grinch Roster.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nintendogs is written in all lowercase on the box.
Eh, I just don't see it when I look up the games, I guess. Either my OCD is hitting me, or the Mandela effect all over again. It's not helping, I guess. Disregard my thoughts on this.

The interns for this game's site are clumsy, what else is new.

It doesn't matter what people's blog post guesses will be, those interns will remain unpredictable since they have no clue what they're doing.
That's how Nintendo formats nintendogs. Check the official site. Wiki has it wrong.
Well, I got it explained to me earlier. Again, disregard my post.

Last edited:

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, this could be me in tinfoil hat mode. But is it possible Nintendo prepared for a leak to happen cause of what happened with Smash 4? and is now intentionally feeding people who are in the gaming industry false information so that they could sway the public's opinion? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had thought of something to control any leak that could get out there.
That could entirely be the case here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom