• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People on 4chan have brought up that the weird cut between Olimar and Little Mac that showed up after the Isabelle reveal is right where Isaac is in the banner. This may strengthen the "Isaac was supposed to be revealed in the September direct" theory.
I've never really bought that theory. If they planned to show Isaac, why didn't they just show him in the next direct and show Isabelle's in the one after?
There was no direct after? Isabelle was clearly swapped in from another direct.

Also I'm pretty sure i can find video proof of this, give me a minute. The glitch was wide spread.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I still think we need to see them release a 100/50 facts Extravaganza video for Smash Ultimate like the one they gave us for Smash For Wii-U/3DS (There's still alot more things aside from new characters we need information on such as the new modes)!
50 Fact Extravaganza but every 10th fact is: WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
****** you ninja'd me.

anyway, here's the actual image being posted right after the September 13th direct, so it wasn't just edited right now.

can anyone find a way to confirm this?
It's no "proof", but I saw this when Isabelle first went up. I didn't think much of it at the time, since I figured it was just a weird error (maybe the image being several larger ones) but the 'Isaac theory' (yes we will slap that word onto the back of pretty much anything thank you very much) is interesting. That's definitely where he is on the Grinch leak, too...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's like everyone forgot that Isabelle announcement was probably planned months ago to be with the Animal Crossing announcement that was rumoured for like months...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
1540760666688.png

I'm looking through all the renders out of boredom and I just noticed pinchy-boy

It's gotta not feel all that great to be carried like that

KMDP

Smash Legend
People on 4chan have brought up that the weird cut between Olimar and Little Mac that showed up after the Isabelle reveal is right where Isaac is in the banner. This may strengthen the "Isaac was supposed to be revealed in the September direct" theory.
*begins to vibrate intensely*
I've never really bought that theory. If they planned to show Isaac, why didn't they just show him in the next direct and show Isabelle's in the one after?
Because Isaac is the one with potentially offensive content (relative to the timeframe) in it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, we did get Isabelle in September tho.
Yeah, but it wasn't any info on the actual game.
No gamemodes, mechanics, side content. Nothing.
Just Isabelle, which after the initial hype wave of a new character, left us back where we started.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Guys, someone on /v/ just realized that when Isabelle was revealed a space was weird on the website. It'she same spot that Isaac is in the banner leak.
Isaac was rumored to have been on the postponed direct because of the earthquake in japan.
Might be fake though.
Careful there, you're gonna make some people VERY upset if you so much as imply that the earthquake impacted Nintendo's plans.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
VERY interesting. We definitely were supposed to get something on the 13th.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Having seen a lot of graphic issues on websites, I'm not sure I'm ready to call something based on that alone, it's an interesting coincidence

Last edited:

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
It's like everyone forgot that Isabelle announcement was probably planned months ago to be with the Animal Crossing announcement that was rumoured for like months...
What if they originally planned to show Isabelle AND Isaac and just removed Isaac?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How many times do I have to say this.

There is no reason isabelle and AC could not have been originally planned for that direct.

The duo reveal was probably always a thing, that doesn't mean they couldn't have switched it to a different direct. That wouldn't be hard at all.

JamminJellyToast

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

DiamondJoyride

Smash Cadet
There was no direct after? Isabelle was clearly swapped in from another direct.

Also I'm pretty sure i can find video proof of this, give me a minute. The glitch was wide spread.
Really? I could've sworn there was another.

I think i'm going mental.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Alright, I know some people get upset at the whole "Isaac was delayed in the September direct" thing, but frankly, the evidence I'm seeing at this point is too much to avoid acknowledging.

Anyone remember this?

This was a small visual glitch found on the site right after the September direct. Turns out, this is where Isaac is positioned in the leaked banner.

I'm going to go so far as to hypothesize that Isaac was not the only character cut from the September direct. What if the September direct originally opened with a brief Smash segment (just a few minutes) that revealed Isaac as well as one echo, Ken or Shadow. Why would this make sense?

Because this explains the "box theory".

If Ken or Shadow were revealed in the September direct, it would explain why the alignment of the characters on the back accounts for Ken/Shadow. The image originally would have had only Isabelle photoshopped out, with Isaac being visible and the characters being aligned for Ken existing on the back. When the direct got delayed, they had to photoshop Isaac off of the box, but due to the rush job no one thought about Ken on the back. With these two characters + Isabelle the box would be filled perfectly with all characters revealed up to that point.

This also explains how they were so careless as to let the likely Golden Sun item leak in the Wendy's trailer, as the item may have been revealed in this segment or at the very least would be much less of a spoiler with Isaac revealed.

This also explains the weird hype vacuum of having two months with only Isabelle revealed as well as mitigating the strange pacing of character reveals, as if this had gone down there would only be 5 characters left to reveal instead of 7.

I know discussion of the whole Isaac and the earthquake thing is uncomfortable to some people. And trust me, I'm not a huge Golden Sun fan with any major stakes in this, so please don't think I'm trying to turn a tragedy to my advantage. I'm just seeing a lot of things suddenly line up if Isaac was removed from the September direct.
How has nobody discussed this post yet?!? Geez.

D

Deleted member

Whew, umm wow okay... So, was that the company vid from yesterday or something different?
Im not sure, I havent had the time to look it up unfortunately. But just some more evidence we need.

D

Deleted member

What if they intended to reveal Isabelle and Isaac at the same time?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Omg I remember this!!!
And before anyone says that this was staged now, there was a huge discussion about it when Isabelle was added, so this happened then

D

Deleted member

Guys...
Everything's coming together...
Somethings about to happen...
Don't to this to me, Noipoi.

DON'T DARE MAKE ME HOPE. Hope for the perfect outcome to be Grinch characters and Incineroar...

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
thats likely, but there is nothing saying that Isaac wasn't supposed to be revealed alongside her. assuming that image isn't just a split-second edit intended to ruse people, it coincides with what Sakurai said about edits being made to the Direct.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Since the leak had been mentioned, I may as well give my thoughts on some of the speculated characters in question:

Shadow: Would make sense since he would be the ideal "echo fighter" of Sonic.

Ken Masters: Just like Shadow, he does fit as the ideal "echo fighter" to Ryu.

Isaac: I've started playing the Golden Sun series when I purchased Dark Dawn for the DS. The series is actually quite fun which is how I got into the series. Isaac's inclusion would be welcomed as I believe he was one of the most requested characters for Smash (correct me if wrong.)

Mach Rider: As someone who had backed a lot retro reps, I think it will be interesting to see how Sakurai and the development team can come up with a potential moveset.

Chorus Kids: The Rythym Heaven characters who were once considered to be a part of the Gematsu leak during the Wii-U/3DS editions if I heard correctly. Like Mach rider, it will be interesting to see how Sakurai and the development team could bring in terms of a fighting moveset.

Banjo & Kazooie: Having played the original versions back on the Nintendo 64, it will be a huge joy to see both the bear and bird in action for Smash.

EDIT:

Forgot about a certain someone:

Geno: Whilst I never played Super Mario RPG, good on the fans who wanted to see him as a playable character in Smash and I eagerly wait and see how he works in the game.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's no "proof", but I saw this when Isabelle first went up. I didn't think much of it at the time, since I figured it was just a weird error (maybe the image being several larger ones) but the 'Isaac theory' (yes we will slap that word onto the back of pretty much anything thank you very much) is interesting. That's definitely where he is on the Grinch leak, too...
I don't recall this happening, but if it did--I wouldn't say it's "proof", as there's no such thing. But I would consider that veeeeeery hard evidence if this actually happened.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Papagenos has an interesting theory on Banjo that I did not really think about.

I've been hung up on last-minute unique additions for a while ever since Rex/Spring Man have been up for debate, but never really thought of last-minute third-parties like Banjo.

I see it as a plausible theory. It certainly expands my horizons of speculation to a new, interesting level.

Though my opinion on the Grinch leak remains to be very skeptical.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
- Seems that IGN (Nintendo Voice Chat) seemed to be pretty confident in this leak, which shows that not all of the industry believes it’s fake.
A broken clock possibly being right twice a day, who woulda thunk it.

Yeah, but it wasn't any info on the actual game.
No gamemodes, mechanics, side content. Nothing.
Just Isabelle, which after the initial hype wave of a new character, left us back where we started.
It was really just a backdoor announcement for the new Animal Crossing.

*picture*
I really hope Klonoa gets his chance someday...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom