• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Guys with the Isaac theory back from the dead...that also explains why they didn’t include the Banner Update at the end and instead posted it on twitter...the original version had both Isaac and Isabelle on the update so they had to modify it.

If this September Isaac thing is true that would actually help the Grinch leak.

One of its biggest counter arguments is that there are too many characters left to be revealed. Maybe Sakurai was forced to reveal this many characters at once which is why it may seem unrealistic to us.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What if they intended to reveal Isabelle and Isaac at the same time?
Most likely outcome if you want to believe Isaac was supposed to be revealed at all. Isabelle was fully intended to be revealed alongside AC Switch, and there's absolutely no way they'd use something that big to replace Isaac's reveal.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Because it's not just that. A significant amount of his moveset in Brawl revolves (pun intended) around turning into an easily animated sphere including up smash, down smash, neutral air, dash attack, down throw, getup attack, ledge attack, and the aforemented specials.

Unless Sega forgot a ton of stuff Sonic could do and denied a more varied moveset, it seems pretty likely he was rushed.
I agree that Sonic definitely had much of his moveset rushed with some easier animations here and there.

But I just doubt Sakurai had that much more of varied moveset in mind at the time. Sonic was still in the project plan at one point, therefore Sakurai had an idea for his moveset back in 2005-06

I do not think for a moment that Sega saying no only to change their minds last minute that Sakurai completely forgot all his ideas for Sonic. And he got more of a chance to diversify Sonic's moveset in both Smash 4 and now Ultimate (And he has made plenty of changes, just for some it doesn't seem that way to those that only pay attention to Special moves because he still has the two spin dashes. But those 2 different spin dashes each have their purposes and are useful for mix-ups)

Granted Sakurai has said had he based Sonic on more modern incarnations, Sonic would have been very different. But he went for the simplicity of the classic route. And to be perfectly fair, it's the classics that made Sonic famous and why he was such a popular pick for Smash.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
heres a relevant comparative gif in reference to the isaac banner thing
Important to note: The ground where Isaac is using Growth. It extends almost far enough onto the side to account for Mac's glove being cut off in the Glitched banner.

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Wait, it makes sense, that's why at the end of the Direct the mural wasnt updated as well?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
That leak art wise is easy. To me nothing seems weird for a faker to make except Issac. The pose choice and the specific grass growth is not something a faker would make, UNLESS he's a Golden Sun fan. Add to it the item they just found on that video (The psyinergy something plant).
I don't want to believe it, I am not completely but boy what surrounds it speaks volumes.
Just going to point out that while this is true, nobody has managed to recreate the banner nearly as well, not even the pro-photoshopper who posted on Reddit (and he admitted that he'd be shocked if it was photoshopped) And this is coming from a 200p image taken from a video.

You can clearly see little details like Greninja's tongue longer than originally thought and hundreds of little changes and movements on the banner, or Kazooie freaking put at Snakes Bazooka. Even Geno is doing something with his hands (2 glowing beams of energy or something) if you look hard enough.

It's massive details like that, that seem super odd to fake if you aren't going to give a clear image anyway. This isn't even counting all the legitimate stuff behind this leak (the company, the person, etc)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't think this is it
E3? You mean, June? When developing a character takes like a year?

Crazy imho
As stated already, :ultcloud::ultbayonetta: and :ultcorrin: were made in far less than a year with a smaller team than the main game. It's not impossible, even if I do find the timing odd myself.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That theory with Isaac being cut in that Nintendo Direct seems really plausible now with his placement in the Grinch Leak. Somebody call Papa and Billy!

D

Deleted member

Most likely outcome if you want to believe Isaac was supposed to be revealed at all. Isabelle was fully intended to be revealed alongside AC Switch, and there's absolutely no way they'd use something that big to replace Isaac's reveal.
Indeed.
Isabelle had to be planned since the start for the Direct.

I think that the Isaac segment got scrapped.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Guys with the Isaac theory back from the dead...that also explains why they didn’t include the Banner Update at the end and instead posted it on twitter...the original version had both Isaac and Isabelle on the update so they had to modify it.
This is excellent attention to detail for back then.

If this is fake, this is next-level attention to detail. It took us, the collective might of the internet, over three days to put these two things together

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m neutral with the September Direct Isaac theory. I think Isabelle was most definitely supposed to be the ending announcement, but I don’t think Isaac being cut because of the Earthquake is that far fetched, though I do see why people don’t believe it. I do remember LKD saying that “the reason why the direct was delayed should be obvious when it airs again” so whether or not you believe LKD, either she got bad info again or they cut Isaac completely because there was nothing in that direct that looked offensive towards the Earthquake. If I had to speculate if the theory is true, I’d imagine Isaac was supposed to be revealed before the box, and then the box leads into Isabelle which leads into the Animal Crossing announcement. Of course that still happened except there was no Isaac.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
why is this "isaac in the september direct" theory still alive? was the new animal crossing reveal not enough proof that isabelle was the newcomer that was planned from the start to be in the direct?
From what I gather, it's that both were planned to be revealed.
People are noticing an error in the Isabelle banner, poor Mac/Olimar clipping, which is where Isaac is in the leak.
Combine that with the potential slip-up of revealing Growth in the Wendy's trailer.

I personally feel uncomfortable discussing it but I may have to get over it lol.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Also that Rathalos tweet that seemed to be hinting Golden Sun just a few days after that direct would really make sense now if Isaac’s reveal was cut, and Sakurai just wanted to give us a hint he was still coming.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or maybe you could have just, I don't know, learned to practice and get better at the game instead of blaming other characters for your own shortcomings? Also, I saw the older comments you made earlier about the events of the final Smash 4 presentation, and boy were you quite salty.
I can beat Bayonettas fine, I use Diddy. But fact is fact, they almost broke the game. Also, when was the last time you yourself won a tourney?

Also, so ****ing what? That's years ago. Who even cares?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
heres a relevant comparative gif in reference to the isaac banner thing
Any remaining doubts I had, any iffy feelings towards the background, the clouds, whatever has completely evaporated. Isaac was supposed to be shown in the last direct. The banner is real. I am 100% convinced of both of those now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Animal Crossing announcement was too intertwined with Isabelle's trailer for it to have been anything else. Unless Isaac was advertising the new AC game himself.

My series is dead, but you know what series isn't dead? Animal Crossing. Buy it.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
why is this "isaac in the september direct" theory still alive? was the new animal crossing reveal not enough proof that isabelle was the newcomer that was planned from the start to be in the direct?
that's a flaw in logic. people keep discrediting the Isaac theory because they immediately assume that Isabelle was intended to replace Isaac's reveal, and that is what makes them doubt it because of the animal crossing reveal implying that Isabelle was intended to be there from the start.

with this banner discrepancy, don't you think that its more likely Isaac was intended to be revealed with Isabelle? there's nothing saying that the Direct is only allowed one Smash reveal.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Careful there, you're gonna make some people VERY upset if you so much as imply that the earthquake impacted Nintendo's plans.
I still don't get why some people don't like the very notion of this being a possibility.

(I get imadethistoseealeak's grievance with it, but the very notion of it? Come on.)
Guys...
Everything's coming together...
Somethings about to happen...

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I’m heavy on team real, but I’m also gonna have to hardcore doubt this whole Incineroar > Banjo theory.

There’s no way only six months from release a charter could be justifiably incomplete enough to cut and instead build a new character totally from scratch, its extremely bad resource management. And as stated previously, it’s a move I heavily doubt the Pokémon Company would be cool with.

Banjo would make much more sense as DLC than Incineroar anyway. Sonic delayed Brawl due to the impossibility of DLC on the Wii, nowadays a character wouldn’t have to be cut when DLC is an an option.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really really hope Isaac gets in, but I don't know if fate will let my have my way with life. Still, fun to dream though.

D

Deleted member

Current mood:

"It's only theories. Yeah, theories! There's no proof, no reason to get excited...ha...ha...I mean, there's not really any reason to believe there's 5 unique characters left, and all...5...are ones I want...and would be extremely happy for...Heh, right."

"..."

"WHERE'S THE PECKIN' DIRECT NINTENDO, JUST END THE MADNESS NOW!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom