• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Bandana Dee I can see being DLC pretty easily.

He's popular, relevant and Kirby isn't a niche franchise by any stretch.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
What if the insiders themselves were given a fake picture of Incineroar in the game? That would be a simple answer.

Wambo

Smash Ace
The final Smash presentation is just Sakurai naked and covered in green paint pole dancing on a 39 1/2 foot long pole
I really want Sakurai to give birth to another meme next Smash Direct.

Also, those are oddly specific pole measurements.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm under the vague impression that new folks don't have this option, but you'd use this if you're uploading from your computer. Usually if I'm uploading from another website, I just copy and paste it in.

You can't use either option for your signature, so you'd have to click the insert image tool in the hot bar. (Meaning you need to have the image uploaded somewhere else first)
Yup, I guess you're right. cause am totally a noob.
So the next Q would be, what level? Do I simply need to post-a-lot? me will do.. hang in there.. err Ganabre Goemon fans.
Oh and Thanks ToasterBrains.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For Bandana Dee not being likely.

I always have a problem when peoples use the "Sakurai is bias toward the Kirby games he made" argument, because if this was the case, why is there so many reference to modern Kirby after Melee? Music, color alt, etc...Heck, Kirby animation in Ultimate reflect more his animation in Return of Dreamland, why would Sakurai be OK with that if he had problems with modern Kirby?

Really, I feel like there is something else as to why Bandana Dee seem to be ignored by Sakurai, despite BD massive popularity in Japan and his quit good fanbase in the west, and no, moveset potential isn't a problem either.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yup, I guess you're right. cause am totally a noob.
So the next Q would be, what level? Do I simply need to post-a-lot? me will do.. hang in there.. err Ganabre Goemon fans.
Oh and Thanks ToasterBrains.
Yeah, but make sure not to spam or anything. It'll come naturally if you actively participate in conversation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since the blog resumes today, what do you all think will be posted tonight? Character, Item, Stage, Assist Trophy, Pokeball, or a double whammy like with :ultpacman: and Green Hill Zone?
Yet another Pokémon.

The Japanese section of SSB4Dojo's Poll Data (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/) features most of these characters in relatively high spots (compared to already confirmed/deconfirmed characters)
>Custom Robo
No no no, what are you doing, that's not how asking for Ray works, people.

Not his own created content from his very first gaming franchise, so skip.

HOW DARE THEY USE MY CREATION, AND GIVE IT A SPEAR AND A BANDANA!?

Jokes aside, I got nothing. Dixie Kong and Impa also shouldn't be skipped over, yet the Grinch leak implies just that...
Well, you're not wrong, for some reason Japanese game devs at Nintendo are reluctant to use characters made by other people that aren't their own or the title mascots.

Compared to him, Kumazaki went full-hog on Star Allies, to the point that I wouldn't be shocked if even Prince Fluff and Eline got added as Dream Friends.

The only way for any significant movement to happen is if Kumazaki (well, either him or Harada, really) was chosen as Sakurai's successor.

For Bandana Dee not being likely.

I always have a problem when peoples use the "Sakurai is bias toward the Kirby games he made" argument, because if this was the case, why is there so many reference to modern Kirby after Melee? Music, color alt, etc...Heck, Kirby animation in Ultimate reflect more his animation in Return of Dreamland, why would Sakurai be OK with that if he had problems with modern Kirby?

Really, I feel like there is something else as to why Bandana Dee seem to be ignored by Sakurai, despite BD massive popularity in Japan and his quit good fanbase in the west, and no, moveset potential isn't a problem either.
You say that, but it's mainly music and an FS or two (does Smash 4 Wii U have anything else? I only played 3DS), yet all of the Kirby ATs are characters from his games.

Meanwhile Donkey Kong, which barely managed to get a third character, got more to reference its modern games via stages.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
With all this banner talk I'm surprised no one mentioned why the Mr.Saturn hasn't been replaced yet?
He's being held up by the Pikmin. It's just a joke that he looks like Olimar.

D

Deleted member

I really want Sakurai to give birth to another meme next Smash Direct.

Also, those are oddly specific pole measurements.
It's from the Grinch song for the movie where the rapper goes "I wouldn't touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole" (or was it 32 1/2? Idc enough to check lmao)

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I can’t recall, but wasn’t Isabelle supposedly an echo fighter according to sources/insiders? I remember it was a total shock when people realized she was unique. papagenos papagenos would you be able to ask your source(s) if they were told Isabelle was an echo fighter or unique? If so, this might prove insiders have been getting false info.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
THIS IS MY 8,888th POST
I'D LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO THANK THE ACADEMY, THE GRINCH, AND EVERYONE BLISSFULLY UNAWARE ABOUT WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN OVER THE COURSE OF THE WEEK
NOT THAT ANYTHING WILL HAPPEN.....?

View attachment 172924
I'm under the vague impression that new folks don't have this option, but you'd use this if you're uploading from your computer. Usually if I'm uploading from another website, I just copy and paste it in.

You can't use either option for your signature, so you'd have to click the insert image tool in the hot bar. (Meaning you need to have the image uploaded somewhere else first)
View attachment 172926
Boy this site is demanding. 2nd crash..
Ok. Yup, cause am totally a noob.
The next Q would be, which level? am I supposed to post-a-lot? I'll do that. Hang in there... err, Ganbare Fernandez fans

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
What if the insiders themselves were given a fake picture of Incineroar in the game? That would be a simple answer.
...why go through all that trouble to fake screens to bait leakers? It doesn't sound efficient at all.

"Got cut" makes more sense, god damn.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I was watching the ACP-PLV video and it showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the user less than an hour ago which is really weird to me
View attachment 172923
Oh.

... oh boy.

... .... OH BOY. K. That’s it. It’s real. Welcome home, Shadow.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
...why go through all that trouble to fake screens to bait leakers? It doesn't sound efficient at all.

Oh, I should have been more precise. I didn’t mean Nintendo would have sent them that picture, but somebody they thought had serious info.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I feel like any screenshot/video would've leaked already. No one's going to pass up an opportunity like that, sadly.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Several people the last several days: "Y'know, Incineroar coulda been leak bait"
"nah shut up that's insulting"
Today: "YO EVERYONE APPARENTLY INCINEROAR COULDA BEEN LEAKBAIT LOL"

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So woke up like an hour ago and here I am. Anything interesting happen?
ACP PLV removed their video that showcased their working environment. Said video was previously used as "evidence" that it would be really difficult for an employee to set up an elaborate fake in their offices.

MainJPW

M.T.A
In case anyone is wondering, I am not going to join a team. Mass mentality is toxic and blinds judgment. Masses are destructive and for the most part, they bring pain, suffering and the mentality of "us" against "them".

Also, I want to bring up that ad hominen attacks are not evidence. If anyone wants to bring up how unreliable insiders are, use statistics. Give us the percentages of reliable each of them is individually and how reliable all of them are put together. Because if we go by the measure of "s/he has been wrong in the past", not even Nintendo would be considered a reliable source.
Excellent points. As curious as I am about the Banner and its contents It's best to just sit back and... wait and see where this all leads.

This has been an interesting ride.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
So from what I’ve read: Incineroar is kinda confirmed Leak Bait, and a video from ACP of how they make their materials was removed? I’m fully convinced this is real now. My Golden Boi is coming home.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, thanks to DST, it's midnight in Japan now. I there's anything this week than 9 hours until we know.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

they do it to try and weed out people who are breaking nda's and such if they think there is a need to.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Hat Goomba just seems like a very boring addition to the roster.

"Muh Kirby representation is incomplete without muh hat goomba"

Fulfilling some weird fan quota is the best reason to add him? Lame. Almost as lame as Sceptile fan base in Smash 4 because "we need a grass starter to complete the trifecta"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean, isn't he the only item in the image or am I mistaken?
That means nothing. He's a prop for the pikmin to be carrying.
I figure they pick basically the one of the only sentient non-trophy/pokemon Items because it'd be funnier than if they carried a metal box or something lol

MainJPW

M.T.A
So from what I’ve read: Incineroar is kinda confirmed Leak Bait, and a video from ACP of how they make their materials was removed? I’m fully convinced this is real now. My Golden Boi is coming home.
He had to leave Smash during 4 to "find himself". Now he's back and better than ever.

I'm hoping.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, you're not wrong, for some reason Japanese game devs at Nintendo are reluctant to use characters made by other people that aren't their own or the title mascots.

Compared to him, Kumazaki went full-hog on Star Allies, to the point that I wouldn't be shocked if even Prince Fluff and Eline got added as Dream Friends.

The only way for any significant movement to happen is if Kumazaki (well, either him or Harada, really) was chosen as Sakurai's successor.
It's not unique to Nintendo, ATLUS also does this quite a lot. And I'm not sure if comparing a Kirby game and a Nintendo crossover in terms of Kirby representation is really that effective of a comparison.

Anyway, "Sakurai doesn't put this character because he hates/ignores/doesn't want them" is not the best argument and we all know how that turned out with Metroid and DKC.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
If Namco was willing to put out leak bait for other games, they sure as hell would do it for smash as well

Iridium

Smash Hero
Incineroar seems like he will never get a break when it comes to hate and acceptance. I just want to see him get in, but it's disheartening to see him become a target, for all the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom