• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was watching the ACP-PLV video and it showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the user less than an hour ago which is really weird to me
View attachment 172923

serious why delete a simple video of how ACP-PLV work this is getting more suspious by the minute

its getting more and more promising for team real

team fake whats your arugements for this one?

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Hat Goomba just seems like a very boring addition to the roster.

"Muh Kirby representation is incomplete without muh hat goomba"

Fulfilling some weird fan quota is the best reason to add him? Lame. Almost as lame as Sceptile fan base in Smash 4 because "we need a grass starter to complete the trifecta"
I mean....I really like BWD...he’s cute and he would be the first spear fighter. He basically already has a moveset thanks to Return to Dreamland.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pokémon could easily get two DLC characters, hypothetically.
It's from the Grinch song for the movie where the rapper goes "I wouldn't touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole" (or was it 32 1/2? Idc enough to check lmao)
Of all the things in this thread to make me feel old...

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
BWD should've been in, honestly. He's way more requested than most, and has tons of moveset potential. I'm really hoping this isn't going to be another "too big" situation

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Fulfilling some weird fan quota is the best reason to add him? Lame. Almost as lame as Sceptile fan base in Smash 4 because "we need a grass starter to complete the trifecta"
This doesn't have anything to do with anything that's being discussed, and it's not a great idea to insult a character and their fanbase just because you don't see the appeal.

Untouch

Smash Master
If this ends up fake the smash community is going to look awful, 2 different companies and one person has been targeted and harassed now.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

There's also the fact that he's genuinely popular and we've never had a spear fighter before. But yeah, clearly the bandana and his role as "player number 4" is the main reason why everyone wants him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
It's not unique to Nintendo, ATLUS also does this quite a lot. And I'm not sure if comparing a Kirby game and a Nintendo crossover in terms of Kirby representation is really that effective of a comparison.

Anyway, "Sakurai doesn't put this character because he hates/ignores/doesn't want them" is not the best argument and we all know how that turned out with Metroid and DKC.
Considering that DK didn’t even have an assist trophy until this game, and its just Klaptrap, plus no Dixie, I think it’s safe to say he doesn’t have a particular soft spot for the franchise.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's not unique to Nintendo, ATLUS also does this quite a lot. And I'm not sure if comparing a Kirby game and a Nintendo crossover in terms of Kirby representation is really that effective of a comparison.

Anyway, "Sakurai doesn't put this character because he hates/ignores/doesn't want them" is not the best argument and we all know how that turned out with Metroid and DKC.
So the only explanation has to be because he's being modest once more. That seems like the most accurate guess, seeing as:ultmetaknight: and :ultkingdedede: didn't get in at all until Brawl.

As for ATLUS, it's no wonder why SMT has so many spin-offs, huh.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Not that I'm trying to start an argument but not everyone is asking for someone to "complete the trifecta", people actually want to play these characters and see what they can offer to the series with they can do for Smash.

So far no one uses a spear and Bandana Dee could fulfill that role and he has plenty of potential.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If this ends up fake the smash community is going to look awful, 2 different companies and one person has been targeted and harassed now.
It doesn't have to end up anything, because the smash community already looks awful. Regardless of what is real or not.
There's no going back on that now. People have done some pretty terrible things over the course of the Grinch discussion.

Which is a weird sentence.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Incineroar seems like he will never get a break when it comes to hate and acceptance. I just want to see him get in, but it's disheartening to see him become a target, for all the wrong reasons.
I'm just gonna go ahead and support Incineroar. Fire cats are supposed to be loved, not shunned.

Dayseh

Smash Rookie
So from what I’ve read: Incineroar is kinda confirmed Leak Bait, and a video from ACP of how they make their materials was removed? I’m fully convinced this is real now. My Golden Boi is coming home.
Imagine being the Nintendo employee slowly realizing he was the only one told about Incineroar lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
So the only explanation has to be because he's being modest once more. That seems like the most accurate guess, seeing as:ultmetaknight: and :ultkingdedede: didn't get in at all until Brawl.

As for ATLUS, it's no wonder why SMT has so many spin-offs, huh.
Actually I was talking about Persona and Persona 2 characters never appearing in anything but yeah, there's also that. Probably why Tokyo Mirage Sessions didn't feature any SMT characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
APC, the company that allegedly is the source for the banner leak, deleted their promotional video, which connects to the leak using Autocad and the autocad format.

It's just super suspect to do that now of all times.
I agree with the sentiment that they may have pulled it down due to being harassed about it, but that's just conjecture.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
This doesn't have anything to do with anything that's being discussed, and it's not a great idea to insult a character and their fanbase just because you don't see the appeal.
Dang, a mod that's a hat goomba fan.

People are discussing hat goomba, and im not insulting anyone. I'm saying most evidence for his support are arbitrary.

If ppl get offended over a character, theres a much bigger problem.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Considering that DK didn’t even have an assist trophy until this game, and its just Klaptrap, plus no Dixie, I think it’s safe to say he doesn’t have a particular soft spot for the franchise.
I never saw him talking about the series, so I doubt he's the biggest fan around, just like I doubt he adds content purely based on he likes a series or not.

Untouch

Smash Master
The video wasn't hosted on their channel, it was some bank's channel or something.
The bank removed the video (or ACP contacted them to remove it).
They had moved offices in 2017 so I have to imagine the video was old (2016), perhaps they had forgotten about the video and contacted the bank to remove the video since it has outdated info now? They're likely being pestered over the video so it would have been brought to their attention.

In order to believe that ACP took it down, you also have to believe they're in on the leak and know about it, yet aren't doing anything about it. This would make them look way worse.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Incineroar seems like he will never get a break when it comes to hate and acceptance. I just want to see him get in, but it's disheartening to see him become a target, for all the wrong reasons.
Very much agree. I personally think Incineroar would make for an interesting character.

I'd argue they want people to stop contacting them about it. I imagine their phone lines aren't exactly quiet lately.
How do we know that there are tons of people that are contacting them about it?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dang, a mod that's a hat goomba fan.

People are discussing hat goomba, and im not insulting anyone. I'm saying most evidence for his support are arbitrary.

If ppl get offended over a character, theres a much bigger problem.
Aaaaaand, ignored.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally Waddle Dee doesn't appeal to me. I'd prefer a spear fighter with actual reach, you know? Like, Dee's got a relatively short spear and little arm nubs, while, to me, the main draw of a spear fighter is their absurd reach.

That and I'd personally like to see other spear users more. In particular, a certain wielder of the Wing Spear. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Personally Waddle Dee doesn't appeal to me. I'd prefer a spear fighter with actual reach, you know? Like, Dee's got a relatively short spear and little arm nubs, while, to me, the main draw of a spear fighter is their absurd reach.

That and I'd personally like to see other spear users more. In particular, a certain wielder of the Wing Spear. :p
No way. It’s Azura all day.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Company deletes two-year old video that's used as an advertisement for potential customers/employers and has nothing to do with Smash

Smash fans: "this means a leak is real"

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Also those are oddly specific pole measurements.
It's from the Grinch song for the movie where the rapper goes "I wouldn't touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole" (or was it 32 1/2? Idc enough to check lmao)
Wha-what???

*Starts fading from existence*

Is this real life???
If the leak is real, the newcomer roster is just as Ultimate as the rest of the game.

- Inkling: Open up with a popular new franchise character with unique gameplay mechanics. Simple enough

-Daisy: Popular enough to warrant her an echo slot. Not bad

-Ridley: End the initial reveal with a meme-breaking character. People thought it couldn't happen, but it did.

- Simon: one of the last few popular NES "greats" (save for maybe Ninja Gaiden). His inclusion was shocking and unbelievable
- Richter: what better way to support Japanese Castlevania fans by giving them their most popular Belmont!

-Chrom: Sakurai heard the outcry for Chrom even before Smash 4. Plus he probably was cut, so it's amazing to see him finally.

- Dark Samus: TWO metroid reps? What the hell. Now he's just destroying memes.

- K. Rool: No words. Absolutely no words. The man is solving Smash player wishes that are 15 years old. Any sign of the rest?....

- Isabelle: Extremely popular to many people and deserves her first smash outing

- Isaac: I can't, you'll kill me. End game? Final stage of reality?

- Chorus Kids: Smash 4 is officially completed????? WHAT

- Geno: Now you are just trying make me have a heart attack. 4 out of the memed 5 are in the game in one fell swoop?

- Mach Rider: Another previously considered rep! Holy crap STOP.

- Ken/Shadow: Can't breathe, what the hell....

- Banjo: $##%#%#%#^$^##%@&$($( WHAT.

Truly ****ing Ultimate. We need this **** to be real lol.
So...like I'm glad the Grinch leak happened to bring new life to speculation...but in one huge way I hate it happened. With box leak and Vergeben the idea was hey let's look at this cast and appreciate what we already have and be wishful and hopefully we might get more surprises.

Instead now, and not just from this post, I'm seeing this specific leak will make the game Ultimate as if it wasn't already, and if this leak is fake this game isn't as good as it could be. It just makes me really scared and sad for the backlash that will happen from the community who feel this is the best roster and now feel that it has to be real :(

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
I was watching the ACP-PLV video and it showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the user less than an hour ago which is really weird to me
View attachment 172923
Hm...pretty interesting. This same company still hasn't commented on the leak either right?

Also...when was this video uploaded? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom