• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Dang, a mod that's a hat goomba fan.

People are discussing hat goomba, and im not insulting anyone. I'm saying most evidence for his support are arbitrary.

If ppl get offended over a character, theres a much bigger problem.
Memoryman3, is that you

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
The video was probably removed because probably a ton of you little kids kept spamming it with “HERE CUZ ULTIMATE”

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I ain't a big BD fan, but man, "A goomba with a hat" is such a lazy argument.

It be like me saying that Geno fan only want "a puppet with a hat and a cape", it's just so dumb and easy to make.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Azura would be great, purely because I get to see Smash fandom nuking itself over a second Fates character.
Hosnetly, Azura would have been a MUCH better character to put in from fates than Corrin. I don’t think people would hate her as much since she was a Lance user

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Actually, a good point I saw someone make on GameFAQS

They'd be better off ignoring the comments and bathing in the video revenue they would be getting from the Smash leaks.

Yet they still removed the video, hmm...

Untouch

Smash Master

They'd be better off ignoring the comments and bathing in the video revenue they would be getting from the Smash leaks.

Did they even have ads on the video?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

You can turn comments off in Youtube videos regardless

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hosnetly, Azura would have been a MUCH better character to put in from fates than Corrin. I don’t think people would hate her as much since she was a Lance user
I think Corrin is plenty unique and to be honest, kinda obvious choise, being the protagonist.

Also, unpopular opinion, but I don't care what weapon a character uses, as long as their fighting style is interesting. Some people act like you can make a spear user a Marth clone and it would be unique.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They probably just removed the video due to some nonsensical YouTube rule we don't know about, seeing as late 2018 is an odd time to remove a video after the company's offices were moved last year.

That aside, 11 days left until the supposed Direct airs, and the leak is still alive. How much longer do you all think it'll last?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Now that’s just mean. I’m not even that much of an Isaac supporter but that still hurt a little.
No, no, I don't mean it like that, I actually really want Isaac now that I've been playing GS. I just meant as in someone that kills the leak, and Isaac is the likeliest to return as an assist.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Wha-what???

*Starts fading from existence*

Is this real life???

So...like I'm glad the Grinch leak happened to bring new life to speculation...but in one huge way I hate it happened. With box leak and Vergeben the idea was hey let's look at this cast and appreciate what we already have and be wishful and hopefully we might get more surprises.

Instead now, and not just from this post, I'm seeing this specific leak will make the game Ultimate as if it wasn't already, and if this leak is fake this game isn't as good as it could be. It just makes me really scared and sad for the backlash that will happen from the community who feel this is the best roster and now feel that it has to be real :(
Nono!!! Don't get me wrong. I was counting the ****ing stars with what we have already. I just can't believe that this leak has a possibility of happening

Untouch

Smash Master
They probably just removed the video due to some nonsensical YouTube rule we don't know about, seeing as late 2018 is an odd time to remove a video after the company's offices were moved last year.

That aside, 11 days left until the supposed Direct airs, and the leak is still alive. How much longer do you all think it'll last?
The video was probably forgotten until now when there was a huge spike in video views.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I'd argue they want people to stop contacting them about it. I imagine their phone lines aren't exactly quiet lately.
Deleting promotional material off your website certainly won't stop those people, and all it does is waste the time and effort you put into making that video (plus leaves an ugly "no video available" on your main page)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Incineroar could maybe be the Alucard of pokeballs, where he is a rare spawn but with plenty of attacks and extreme power, making him almost a miniboss of sorts if he shows up.

Then someone sees beta images or video of the pokeball in action, but misinterprets it as a player character, and passes info around the inner circle until it gets leaked by the likes of Vergeben. Leak bait could still happen, but it would be a half truth instead of a lie. I.e. "Inceneroar is in... as a pokeball"

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Maybe Sakurai doesn't feel inspired to make a moveset for Waddle Dee. Maybe he has a bias against the character since HE created it to be a generic henchman.

Obviously now there's more to pull from...but is there enough to inspire Sakurai to change his opinion on the character? He has a spear and he could technically use Parasol but that seems to be it. Even Waddle Doo would perhaps be using the source material too liberally?

Just my thought process on the character from a neutral point of view.

D

Deleted member

I think Corrin is plenty unique and to be honest, kinda obvious choise, being the protagonist.

Also, unpopular opinion, but I don't care what weapon a character uses, as long as their fighting style is interesting. Some people act like you can make a spear user a Marth clone and it would be unique.
This is why I disagree with a lot of the FE nonsense. I’ve started seeing people claim IKE is a Marth clone. They share a counter and that’s it. IMO the only true clones are Lucina and Chrom, and they can just be toggled off. Roy’s pretty different at this point even if he did start as a true Marth clone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Is Incineroar the only character the insiders know about that isn't in the banner?

I remember the Resetera guy said something like "it's fake because the banner has almost nothing in common to the things I know about"

osby

Smash Obsessed
No, no, I don't mean it like that, I actually really want Isaac now that I've been playing GS. I just meant as in someone that kills the leak, and Isaac is the likeliest to return as an assist.
I want Isaac to be playable, but ngl, him being an AT would make me laugh so hard.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what exactly happened recently to make people think Incineroar was leakbait?
Katsuhiro Harada said on Twitter that during the development of Tekken 7, he set up various fake leaks and gave them out to people so that he could follow the information's route and keep the real info secure. It's possible that Bandai Namco set up Incineroar as one of these leak bait characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom