• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So here's a question I have: why would you remove a random video during a weekend if doing so was part of normal operations?

That just sticks out as odd to me.

D

Deleted member

Quick question, though:

Why would Bamco giving out bad info in the past mean anything now? They are co-developing this game, yes, but why would they be the ones to hand out bad info on Incineroar? I think people are reading into this a little too much...

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Well, what kind of characters would you expect Japanese Nintendo fans to vote for? It's not like they get a totally different line of Nintendo games.
Amen. It's also probably hard for Japanese fans to vote for characters when the entire roster already has everything they want. Heaven forbid the West gets a few fighters.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I will forever be mad that Sakurai wasted an opportunity for Chrom’s line to be “CHROM Gets His Chance!”

D

Deleted member

On a tangent; GameXplain was talking about how Smash Bros. interprets characters, and admittingly... King Dedede doesn't sound the way I wanted him to, but that's due to me getting my first take on Kirby by the anime and Ted Lewis voicing him as a fat Southerner. Ironically, I feel like Smash Bros. got Meta Knight right because MK is supposed to be ominous.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
If I were Nintendo, I'd release 1 newcomer a week until launch at this point. The pressure is too high at this point.
They waited too long. If the leak is true, I would be hyped, but feel devistated for Sakurai. The ESRB leaked 1 month before release, so they should’ve revealed all the characters before now.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I would have picked her for the Fates rep honestly, lancer user would have been nice and her voice is much better than the Corrins'. Plus her Final Smash would be her singing everybody to death and that'd be worth the price of admission alone.
There's a reason I voted her on the ballot. She would've been so cool. Thankfully she's great in warriors.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Untouch

Smash Master
I looked at their site. It was on their front page until recently. It wasn't something outdated and forgotten.
Looking at an archive, in 2017 it was never on the frontpage, possibly one of the subpages though (none of them are archived it seems).
The page was never once archived in 2016 so I can't compare that though.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Quick question, though:

Why would Bamco giving out bad info in the past mean anything now? They are co-developing this game, yes, but why would they be the ones to hand out bad info on Incineroar? I think people are reading into this a little too much...
because they have had issues in the past it seems with people leaking information, hence the tekken 7 info harada gave out. Its not really that out there to think they would do the same for another high profile game they are working on

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
They waited too long. If the leak is true, I would be hyped, but feel devistated for Sakurai. The ESRB leaked 1 month before release, so they should’ve revealed all the characters before now.
Still convinced that Isaac was supposed to be shown in the last direct.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It would've killed the hype cycle, especially with Pokemon coming out before it.

vottiking

Smash Rookie
On the ACP-PLV video being deleted, if I understand it right the funny thing is that we already got all the info we need. These settings on the leak were cross-checked with the printing devices ACP-PLV uses. The deleted video had evidence of devices that use this type of code.

So if it is true that someone (in Nintendo) wanted this video deleted because of smash related evidence, they actually made things worse than by just leaving it up, because this is a verification that the info we had already extracted is valuable.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Bruh, C'mon, Rool has had a different skill set in every game.
He even has some missing.

Ground Pound
Shockwave ground pounds
Boomerang Boxing Gloves
Cloaking
Using his propeller to attack
Electric beams
Spikes (Blunderbuss)

All whilst giving his Blunderbuss two functionalities (which are correct), his mini copter, boxing glove hits, and liberally using a move Krunch uses for him (Counter with stomach girth) and some wrestling moves!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like I said before, Sakurai may have to rethink how "slowing down reveals" works. It's becoming a Goldilocks and The Three Bears situation here.

I never heard that one before, Isabelle was expected though her being a semi clone wasn't.
Exactly, I'm one of the handful of folks who assumed she wouldn't be an Echo.

On a tangent; GameXplain was talking about how Smash Bros. interprets characters, and admittingly... King Dedede doesn't sound the way I wanted him to, but that's due to me getting my first take on Kirby by the anime and Ted Lewis voicing him as a fat Southerner. Ironically, I feel like Smash Bros. got Meta Knight right because MK is supposed to be ominous.
I think Sakurai wanted to pull a Kazumi Totaka, but went a little too far in the opposite direction.

The laugh is downpat though, I miss the big 3D dance.

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
D

Deleted member

because they have had issues in the past it seems with people leaking information, hence the tekken 7 info harada gave out. Its not really that out there to think they would do the same for another high profile game they are working on
They are only co-developing it, though. Nintendo's teams still call the shots on how things are handled, and for me personally, I don't really buy in to some of these conspiracy theories. If Incineroar isn't in at this point, I don't think it's because Nintendo handed out "leaker bait". It most likely is another Chrom situation in that case.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
That's generally the biggest point Team Real has.

Judging from what we know, there's just too much required for this to be fake, which I doubt any sane human would be willing to do. I doubt any person willing to make a fake leak would have the materials and resources that a printing company would, and even if they worked at one, they are NOT allowed to use the equipment for personal things, let alone creating a silly fake leak to rouse a game community.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Huh...well if we're following this train of thought, then the next question would be: Why delete the video altogether not simply make it private?
People can still hack their way into viewing a private video. It happened to Valve with Meet the Spy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will point out that gamexplain thought the esrb leak was fake too, they dont have the best rack record of talking about leaks
True but they mad multiple videos about said ESRB leak and included it in discussions. Seems uncharacteristically close-minded of them to throw this one away with a "LOL fake, move on".

Untouch

Smash Master
So now the big theory is that ACP is working with Eric to leak the roster?
This is conspiracy tier.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Here's what I'm thinking is going on with these insiders.
  • On the day of the leak dropping, October 24th, everyone is vocal about it, expressing their opinions.
  • On the 25th, people are still talking about it. At the end of the day, Marina expresses her comment, which is not affiliated with either side. A key point she mentions is "Will be contacting Nintendo and Namco".
  • On the 26th, radio silence from insiders happens, and everyone who chooses to not be silent decides to bash the leak as fake at all costs.
  • Nintendo finds out about the leak from Marina on the 25th, or early 26th.
  • From there, Nintendo goes into full panic mode, telling all these insiders to shut the **** up about it immediately, heavily suggesting any talk about the leak can and will cut them from the ambassador program.
Thoughts? This ain't limited to GameXplain either, for your information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom