• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I work at a grocery store, and there've been people who regularly stole money for weeks before they got caught-- y'know, cashiers in a place were there's a crapload of ceiling cameras. (Even heard tell of a shift manager doing it right before it was bagged up and sent to the bank; took months before he was fired because he was only taking a little bit each time.)

A one-time disappearance of a tiny amount of resources at a print shop? I doubt most would bat an eyelash or even care.
Stuff gets stolen at work all the time no matter where you work. Everyone Lies and all that..

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I've been having a feeling lately I haven't felt in forever. That's of being a kid on Christmas Eve, and you don't know for sure what you're going to get the next day. There is a big box under the tree that is the right size and shape for an N64, but you don't know for sure. Crazy that a maybe fake leak can bring back feelings like that I haven't felt in forever.

If grinch is real, then you open the box and get the N64 you wanted. If it's fake you open it and get new socks and a book about the civil war (nonfiction).
it's also kind of like the feeling that you're getting the N64 you convinced yourself you were going to get 10 years ago, but back then your parents could only afford a sega gamegear and you just had to smile and pretend like you were really grateful
Yeah, it's definitely like that, as in opening the gift early, then wrap it back up before anyone wakes up (although I don't know if anyone has done this).

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
I've been having a feeling lately I haven't felt in forever. That's of being a kid on Christmas Eve, and you don't know for sure what you're going to get the next day. There is a big box under the tree that is the right size and shape for an N64, but you don't know for sure. Crazy that a maybe fake leak can bring back feelings like that I haven't felt in forever.

If grinch is real, then you open the box and get the N64 you wanted. If it's fake you open it and get new socks and a book about the civil war (nonfiction).
>I don't like the N64
>I like history books

Heh... heheheh.... yeah that's how it feels.......

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Can we have a trailer at this point? Grinch Leak characters or not, I just want to see something new.
Imagine how frustrated people would be if we only get a Ken trailer, and the "Everyone is Here" banner isn't updated afterwards. (seeing as, if it was, at least we could tell if Ken has the same artwork as he does in the Grinch leak or not)

Untouch

Smash Master
if it is true and the printer used in the video uses the sample code, I dont think it proves the leak real but it hurts the argument that the picture was taken at marina

I still think the leaker, if it is eric or an impersonator, works at one of the two companies and took the video there, whether or not the leak is real or something he fabricated

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
it's also kind of like the feeling that you're getting the N64 you convinced yourself you were going to get 10 years ago, but back then your parents could only afford a sega gamegear and you just had to smile and pretend like you were really grateful
Or perhaps your parents were so hopelessly out of touch with gaming technology that they didn't even realize that an N64 and a Game Gear aren't the same thing...

(No, this hasn't happened to me — though my parents do tend to call all gaming systems "Nintendo" and constantly call DS systems "Game Boy" — but I'm sure it's happened to somebody.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well actually, if the image is fake, you get nothing, because the Grinch stole it.

And then everyone celebrates anyway because Christmas doesn't come from a store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wambo

Smash Ace
As a kid, pretending to be happy about gifts you felt were "meh" about or really didn't want at all is the hardest thing in the world. It's worse when they're from your kindly ol' grandparents and they're sitting in the room with you, with this excited look on their face.

Nothing like a surprise acting lesson...

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I’ve heard about song lists is that when they were showing off the series songs, there were 3 slots left. Assuming Mach Rider gets clumped in with “Other” like ICs and ROB, and Geno’s music is added with the Mario Series, that leaves Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, and Banjo Kazooie to fill in the remaining 3 slots.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Somebody posted this image here earlier, and the 4chan post mentions a supposed song list leak that mentions a Mach Rider remix.
Banjo Threeie, huh?

As much as I would really like that, I can't bring myself to think Rare would actually do that.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Amen. It's also probably hard for Japanese fans to vote for characters when the entire roster already has everything they want. Heaven forbid the West gets a few fighters.
Believe it or not, they hold western appeal as a big decisive factor. They are aware characters that appeal to their niche don't have as much of a chance as characters with worldwide appeal.

Otherwise we'd already have gotten a Monster Hunter character (pretty close tho) a Dragon Quest character, both humongous over there, and Takamaru.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Somebody posted this image here earlier, and the 4chan post mentions a supposed song list leak that mentions a Mach Rider remix.

Wha... THERES ****ING SUPPOSED SONG LIST LEAK THAT WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT? Ok, that it, we need to look for that list leak and make sure to vefity it if it was real or fake.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Another thought that keeps crossing my mind is what if every leak was true.. but in the loosest sense of being true like how obi wan was right about darth vader killing anakin skywalker by a certain point of view.

Like what if Gardevoir and Gothitelle were on the drawing board and starting to be developed for but scrapped early on for whatever reason (idk why theyd do that if dlc is a thing), and Incineroar was being worked on but deadlines pushed it back into DLC. Stuff like that.

Also anyone here greek? If so here you go

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The only thing I’ve heard about song lists is that when they were showing off the series songs, there were 3 slots left. Assuming Mach Rider gets clumped in with “Other” like ICs and ROB, and Geno’s music is added with the Mario Series, that leaves Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, and Banjo Kazooie to fill in the remaining 3 slots.
I bet Banjo gets it's own slot. But the others will be filed under "other".

D

Deleted member

Mach Rider would be tied to other. In the direct, we can see (what is most likely) Mach Rider from Melee in the other section. It all depends on Geno, otherwise My Music's going to look gross.

So will Banjo make angry bear noises when he attacks?
PLEASE. Just give him "guh-huh" as a taunt and everything else is bear noises.

Speaking of which, I know GS and BK’s are obvious but what would Rhythm Heaven’s icon look like?
The letters "RH." It's already been leaked, c'mon!

:4pacman:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Isnt there a Microsoft conference in November? I think that would actually be a great time to reveal Banjo

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's definitely like that, as in opening the gift early, then wrap it back up before anyone wakes up (although I don't know if anyone has done this).
Heh, my parents would hide our christmas presents in their closet until they could find time to wrap them. There were definitely a few years I snuck in there to take a peak.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
As a kid, pretending to be happy about gifts you felt were "meh" about or really didn't want at all is the hardest thing in the world. It's worse when they're from your kindly ol' grandparents and they're sitting in the room with you, with this excited look on their face.

Nothing like a surprise acting lesson...
If it's from your grandparents, chances are they couldn't find what you wanted and just got you something else, or they didn't even know what you wanted and got you something "similar".

(The first has happened to me, but that’s how I was introduced to Bomberman, so nvm. The second... it hasn’t happened to me (as far as I remember), but I'm sure it's happened to somebody.)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The person who wrote this clearly has never worked in a printing company if they think those three points aren't likely to happen.
I have a lot of friends in the printing industry, and they've printed hundreds of dollars worth of projects for me for free. As long as its not a busy season, like right before elections, printing companies don't give a damn.

Last edited:

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
So, Bandai finally admitted that they did gave out leakbait to prevent any leaks related to Tekken 7?

Thought so. At first, I thought that incienroar wasn't in the banner because he was saved for DLC reveal later. Now it just make sense, incienroar is likely leak bait, and that why insiders are settled on calling the banner fake because it didn't have incienroar. It's also possible that insiders' sources were likely smoked out after giving out information about incienroar in the smash.

Now, I'm sure that minecraft content are leak bait as well because it would prevent spoiling of hints that Banjo is in.
The difference is tekken is a bandai game smash is under nintendos control not bandais so this is really nothing related to incineroar

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Banjo Threeie, huh?

As much as I would really like that, I can't bring myself to think Rare would actually do that.
TBF Microsoft's bringing back Battletoads and has been going on a buying spree of development studios (i.e. planning to ramp up 1st party game development); a new Banjo game in the next gen wouldn't be too shocking (to me anyway). But in context of Smash, Nintendo, and this leak... yeah no, that's just a random 4chan text post.

Last edited:

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
Wha... THERES ****ING SUPPOSED SONG LIST LEAK THAT WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT? Ok, that it, we need to look for that list leak and make sure to vefity it if it was real or fake.
could be talking about possible (wendys smash trailer) video background music? , can some one post the youtube ver of this vid? so we can check

Edit(
)

Last edited:

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I was watching the ACP-PLV video and it showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the user less than an hour ago which is really weird to me
View attachment 172923
I see... I watched that video just yesterday. And now it's gone. I suppose I can't overlook the signs anymore.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isnt there a Microsoft conference in November? I think that would actually be a great time to reveal Banjo
I'm not digging it up again, and it's not really evidence

But RARE, at least, said it would not be their place to reveal if Banjo is in Smash or not.

I took it as it would be Nintendo themselves that would do it

Iridium

Smash Hero
Another thought that keeps crossing my mind is what if every leak was true.. but in the loosest sense of being true like how obi wan was right about darth vader killing anakin skywalker by a certain point of view.

Like what if Gardevoir and Gothitelle were on the drawing board and starting to be developed for but scrapped early on for whatever reason (idk why theyd do that if dlc is a thing), and Incineroar was being worked on but deadlines pushed it back into DLC. Stuff like that.

Also anyone here greek? If so here you go
No, but I'm familiar with that band, so thanks.

D

Deleted member

I bet Banjo gets it's own slot. But the others will be filed under "other".
The only series with playable characters that get tied to other are those that consist of only one game. Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven should absolutely have their own categories. Mach Rider would fall under other though.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I might have inhaled too much of the Reddit hype, buuuuuut... the video thing seems awfully suspicious. Any reasonable explanations?

#TeamThoughtitwasFakethanswitchedovertoRealbutdecideditwasFakeagainbutnowit’sRealmaybe

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Jordan Fringe, who does Spyro news made a prediction on Spanwwave's podcast last night about there being a "timed" release of a Banjo game with his appearance in Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I believe he was calling fake at first cuz he believed the banjo in the banner was his banjo he did for smashified.
That was Chris, he went on an angry Twitter rant saying it was fake because they used their Smashified design, then deleted his tweet. Omni, in the first video I watched, debunked that idea first thing by saying given the distance and blurriness, a faker could have used any model or created his own, no need to use Smashified. It's interesting seeing those two very widely different initial reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom