• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
After Ridley got in despite being "too big", we definitely need to loosen our definitions of "impossible".
I can't believe I forgot about Ridley for a second there. I feel like I committed a sin against the entire Smash community...

Welp, load the gun, I'll go put on the blindfold...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seriously, does anyone know if Papa Geno is still planning that video? I read someone saying he was being attacked by YouTubers trying to shut him down for some reason.
Where did you read that? I need a source. This is how unsubstantiated rumors get started

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
After Ridley got in despite being "too big", we definitely need to loosen our definitions of "impossible".
****ing this. I was even still skeptical about what's might be impossible even after Ridley, but then K. Rool came along.

Those 2, Banjo, Geno and Isaac have been frequently grouped together for years, appear to trump and top out many popularity polls together and overall are probably the biggest roster inclusions people have wanted. In 2 direct Sakurai does 2 of them....

I have full confidence that the other 3 can absolutely happen now.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You'd think I don't agree. I totally and automatically agree on anything Goemon. I think I already commented there, but since am a noob, ahm, how do I join? follow you?
Edit: So I always imagined that Goemon would have a 4-in-1 situation. A poof to change characters (like Shiek or Pokemon Trainer, but in a poofy way like his 64 game). A cycle that goes Goemon, Ebisu, Sasuke then Yae. That takes down each's down special. Then they're all left with 3 special moves. Which is plenty. I guess most fans agrees that his FS is Impact.
I would love all 4 to be playable. Each could bring much to smash.

Never thought about a switching mechanic. I guess because of smash4 removing it, it never came to mind. It ia not a bad idea. And with dlc status, could work

Wambo

Smash Ace
Where did you read that? I need a source. This is how unsubstantiated rumors get started
I read somewhere that he posted a message in Discord about how he was planning to release a video regarding the leak tomorrow, and someone else said he was getting attacked by YouTubers for using the Forest Maze song as an opening in his videos (because Team Fake wants him shut down or something I guess)

I might've just had an older page open the more I think about it, and his Discord post was referring to his latest video "The Grinch Leak - My Thoughts", which is already out.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like things have shifted in favor of 'Leak is Real' lately. Any reason or is it just more people showing up in favor of 'real'?

Wambo

Smash Ace
There's a massive western bias in this leaked roster. I wonder why not many Japanese fan favorites got in?
Well, what kind of characters would you expect Japanese Nintendo fans to vote for? It's not like they get a totally different line of Nintendo games.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
I read somewhere that he posted a message in Discord about how he was planning to release a video regarding the leak tomorrow, and someone else said he was getting attacked by YouTubers for using the Forest Maze song as an opening in his videos (because Team Fake wants him shut down or something I guess)

I might've just had an older page open the more I think about it, and his Discord post was referring to his latest video "The Grinch Leak - My Thoughts", which is already out.
So he was getting attacked for using a song in his intro? My goodness, that's low.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's a massive western bias in this leaked roster. I wonder why not many Japanese fan favorites got in?
Because Japan got Palutena, Shulk, and a bunch of FE characters last time. Anyone else who was popular in the West was also popular in Japan, with Little Mac being the sole exception.

Feels like Western fans deserved a little more attention this time. I don't think it's completely unfair for us to get Ridley and DS.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
More western people voted in the ballot by merit of there being more western people

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I still think its odd nothing came out of Marina contacting Namco and Nintendo. A small buisness like that would 100% want to shoot the leak to protect their reputation, even being associated with this could cripple a small buisness like them.

It is my birthday.
iFeliz cumpleaños a tí!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m late on this but here’s my opinion on “Decidueye V.S. Incineroar”
I just want Decidueye more. He’s cooler in my opinion, and I imagine hive move set would be cool as heck.
Sadly looks like he’s not gonna see the light of day though.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
maybe its because most of the rosters in past games leaned more towards the japanese fans and this is just them giving more worldwide support for characters

D

Deleted member

I still think its odd nothing came out of Marina contacting Namco and Nintendo. A small buisness like that would 100% want to shoot the leak to protect their reputation, even being associated with this could cripple a small buisness like them.

iFeliz cumpleaños a tí!
¡Muchas gracias compañero!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good morning, folks.

Why's no one mentioning Goemon! The most deserving charcater.
I so wish that leak is not true. You guys don't know what you're missing.
Mystical Ninja for Smash.
Btw, how do I add an image to my signature? Thanks to who answers.
Edit: I mean uploading one. Doesn't seem to work :/
One. Of. Us.

One. Of. Us.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to interject to say that there really isn't any "western bias" here, nor for this entire newcomer roster. Isaac and Shadow you could say would be the ones for the "Westerners", but Geno (and by extension Super Mario RPG as a whole), Banjo-Kazooie, Ken and Chorus Kids (also by extension Rhythm Heaven) are beloved by the Japanese.

If you really look at it, the only characters that have a massive push by the "American side" are Ridley and Dark Samus. Metroid isn't as known in Japan like here in the Americas. I think once King K. Rool got revealed, the "Country Bias" got destroyed.

And to prove that point even more, the biggest character Japan wants right now is Rex & Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but even then a lot of Americans and Europeans want them too. Looking at lists that Japan wants, they share a LOT of the same characters we want, too, to an extent. Crash Bandicoot, 2B, Sora, the list goes on, so I don't think there's any "Country Bias" anymore.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I would love all 4 to be playable. Each could bring much to smash.

Never thought about a switching mechanic. I guess because of smash4 removing it, it never came to mind. It ia not a bad idea. And with dlc status, could work
Yeah I thought many forgot that possibility since Smash 4. That was however the only wau I imagined Goemon crew in Smash. All in :)
Honestly I think Goemon as a DLC is an insult, I really want him in the base roster. But if no choice other than that, fine I guess.
Hey, want a Goemon leak (from a dear "someone")
... hmmm, what gives, how am I supposed to upload stuff here!!! Can anyone help a noob here please?

D

Deleted member

Man just ****ing imagine the fallout that'll happen if this leak is fake and we only get Kencineroar

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It's not like the Grinch roster is fully against what Japan wants. A lot of their most requested characters are in (Inkling, King K. Rool, Chrom). The only really requested characters that didn't make the cut are Bandana Dee and Magalor (who was always a long shot).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That’s what scares me more than anything. Things are already heated.
Coward!
You need to join my army and toughen up.

If the fallout happens, we need to totally destroy people by being unusually polite. It'll probably piss them off more though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still sad we got no Zelda newcomer, if the Grinch leak is true that is.

Untouch

Smash Master

iFeliz cumpleaños a tí!
Marina came forward and said they aren't doing work with Nintendo or Namco at the moment, they aren't working on the Ultimate assets.
They didn't deny working on the grinch stuff but they may not have been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom