• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
i mean there's other words like fooled or bamboozled

this is like, the biggest rumor i've ever seen around here, and i've been around since brawl speculation (unfortunately)
What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Shallow-minded? Maybe.
True? DEFINITELY.

I've called out the hypocrisy here multiple times to mixed results. People were so desperate to disprove box theory and refused to believe it, yet people are so desperate now to prove the Grinch leak and believe it in the face of evidence saying it may not be real. Why?

Because it has the characters that they want.

Nobody wants just Incineroar and Ken. So, when something that refutes that null hypothesis comes up, people jump on it the first chance they get. It's a pattern with the Smash Bros. fandom that's been around since Pre-Brawl. The most prominent example from Sm4sh speculation is the Tower of Smash leak, which is the pinnacle of blind faith due to character inclusion.
Yeah nah this is the point I step out.

You all can make character judgements over a ****ing video game leak, I'm just going to go do something else.

This is getting personal.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I think it’s odd that despite all of this, we still only have one Bandai Namco character on the roster.
You’d think we’d at least get one this game, especially considering their assistance with Ultimate and Smash 4.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shallow-minded? Maybe.
True? DEFINITELY.

I've called out the hypocrisy here multiple times to mixed results. People were so desperate to disprove box theory and refused to believe it, yet people are so desperate now to prove the Grinch leak and believe it in the face of evidence saying it may not be real. Why?

Nobody wants just Incineroar and Ken. So, when something that refutes that null hypothesis comes up, people jump on it the first chance they get. It's a pattern with the Smash Bros. fandom that's been around since Pre-Brawl. The most prominent example from Sm4sh speculation is the Tower of Smash leak, which is the pinnacle of blind faith due to character inclusion.
Oh god, I remember the Tower of Smash leak.

Who did it say was in again?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Shallow-minded? Maybe.
True? DEFINITELY.

Honestly, Me I compared the situation to Sassy Geno since it was the most recent one, but yeah, Tower of Smash situation seems to be the kind of things.

>People getting super hyped
>People believing the leak without much question
>People discarding the Insiders that they all believed until now
>People wanting to believe this because it's better than "Not the owl starter Pokémon and an Echoes."

Just because, let's be real, that leak is the most optimistic scenario, basically fill up all big fan demands and have the characters they want...

I'm still team HMMMM- because there good stuff in both side, but most of the people believing the leak, mostly clinge at this for some reasons, just like the double standard hypocrisy exemple I said earlier today with people not believing that the guy would ruin his job for **** and giggle, yet they asks the Insiders to maybe ruin the job of their sources just for their own satisfaction.

Honestly, best things to do is wait and see.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think it’s odd that despite all of this, we still only have one Bandai Namco character on the roster.
You’d think we’d at least get one this game, especially considering their assistance with Ultimate and Smash 4.
Rumor has it Monster Hunter had been cut from the game alongside Dixie and Ray. Good chance he may make DLC with them.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
My name is a reference to Chrollo from the show haha
new favorite user. Hunter x Hunter is frickin' great.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
linguistics are a good thing okay. i'm just letting people have their fun.

hey burb

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Perhaps they will get something in DLC?
Rumor has it Monster Hunter had been cut from the game alongside Dixie and Ray. Good chance he may make DLC with them.
Monster Hunter is Capcom

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly, Me I compared the situation to Sassy Geno since it was the most recent one, but yeah, Tower of Smash situation seems to be the kind of things.

>People getting super hyped
>People believing the leak without much question
>People discarding the Insiders that they all believed until now
>People wanting to believe this because it's better than "Not the owl starter Pokémon and an Echoes."

Just because, let's be real, that leak is the most optimistic scenario, basically fill up all big fan demands and have the characters they want...

I'm still team HMMMM- because there good stuff in both side, but most of the people believing the leak, mostly clinge at this for some reasons, just like the double standard hypocrisy exemple I said earlier today with people not believing that the guy would ruin his job for **** and giggle, yet they asks the Insiders to maybe ruin the job of their sources just for their own satisfaction.

Honestly, best things to do is wait and see.
"People believing the leak without much question" you're playing yourself Nekoo, and as I've said I'm team fake
We've had 100's of pages of questioning back and forth

That's my only real point

Noipoi

Howdy!
This anime sounds intriguing. Can any artist in this thread make a mock up for it please?
I could certainly try.
There are way too many people here for me to do everybody, but i'll see who I can fit.

Whoever I draw will be drawn as the character in their profile pic, so if Elma's there it's supposed to be Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura .
Now I just need to find an anime poster to parody...

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Monster Hunter is Capcom, PAC-MAN is the only Namco character here so far.
If we do get one eventually though, I’m holding out for either KOS-MOS or Nightmare.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:‘d by Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Man, joke's aside, the more "UGH TEAM REAL IS BAD" or "UGH TEAM FAKE IS BAD" you are the more irritating you make this experience. It isn't the people making silly claims, it's you people.

This is why people at the beginning were getting mad about the "team" talks at the start, because factioning yourselves off like that, even if just by name, puts you in such an antagonistic mindset that nothing will actually be talked about, all these people will talk about is the "other team" being increasingly annoying

Get over it my dudes

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
This exemplifies the problem with using trickery like this to replicate a vague resemblence to a few single areas. It still doesn't explain the area with the crystals and creates even more problems. To assume that all these elements are down to simple compression and artifacts is quite honestly really silly.
Oh, for sure. I made these pictures as a counter to the NoPlo's post about being able to simulate distortions. I was trying to point that these changes can't be explained by compression/artifacts. I didn't want to say anything in my post to be objective, I wanted people to see and judge by themselves.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I sure hope Dixie's DLC. Especially if she comes alongside announcements of a new Donkey Kong Country game. I'd be willing to settle for her as a Diddy echo in the base game, but an original character as DLC would be way past cool
monster hunter would be hype too, i'd be intrigued to see how they'd play compared to in mvc:i

Chrono.

I was pretty much expecting Lloyd.

Maybe DLC, I guess.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
"People believing the leak without much question" you're playing yourself Nekoo, and as I've said I'm team fake
We've had 100's of pages of questioning back and forth

That's my only real point
Silly you, I never said any name, just a general observation from some reaction here, on twitter, youtube, 4chan and resetEra. Beside, you weren't even in my mind actually...

I just don't want to be hurt by believing another leak blindly only for it to be fake tbvh...

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
When you make statements like this you imply me; and anyone who chooses to believe this leak, is doing it out of blind faith. That's pretty ****ing insulting imo.
I'm saying people are more inclined to believe it because it has what they want. It's bias, and it's a core aspect of human beliefs. We all have our biases, but many people here let their biases influence their beliefs despite any facts that may or may not accompany them. It's why blog theory gained traction even thought it was some simple calculations, and why box theory advocates (not even supporters, people playing devil's advocate), myself included, were attacked for simply trying to argue that it could be real.

If you want to believe the leak and have real evidence to back up your beliefs be my guest. But I'm not here to argue blind beliefs against brick walls.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This exemplifies the problem with using trickery like this to replicate a vague resemblence to a few single areas. It still doesn't explain the area with the crystals and creates even more problems. To assume that all these elements are down to simple compression and artifacts is quite honestly really silly.
It's honestly best that both sides accept that the background is different.

But it's also important that both sides accept that it really doesn't detract from the leak at all.

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
And I would point out that, even after you've destroyed all trace of detail and created new differences in areas that had no differences in the first place, you can still see the third waterfall, even though you've claimed you can't.

Destroying all trace of detail and create things were they aren't... But this is exactly what compression and video artifacts do, and this is what happened with the original background. I would say that's the point.

Also, what I exactly said is "The waterfall from the right tends to dissapear" :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Silly you, I never said any name, just a general observation from some reaction here, on twitter, youtube, 4chan and resetEra. Beside, you weren't even in my mind actually...

I just don't want to be hurt by believing another leak blindly only for it to be fake tbvh...
Chief I wasn't referring to me
I meant a LOT of people have only been convinced it's real due to questioning and debating it

Look at my icon and tell me if I'd be hurt Nekoo you know I'd be that's why I'm teamfake.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just felt like chiming in to say I hope the leak is real, but I'm not going to put "all my eggs in one basket" and say I think it's definitely real.

Also, I just randomly had an idea about Dixie. It's not the best case scenario, but it would be a compromise that would be better than nothing. What if she is part of Diddy's Final Smash, but she's also an alternate skin with Diddy in her Final Smash instead.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, none of this is gonna matter when we have the game in our hands in 5 weeks!

So get hype that you will be playing a wonderful game made with love by our Boi Sakurai!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, I noticed something about Mach Rider...

skull kid in leak maybe.png

If Skull Kid really is there, it makes sense, because Mach Rider's visor makes them look like they're looking down at Skull Kid or someone/something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom