• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm the guy who is just sad that Bomberman and Krystal are Assist Trophies and Vaati is ignored by everyone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, so I thought NoPlo's post was interesting, so I went ahead and played a bit with the Median filter like he did to try some things for myself. I'm gonna just put the pictures here so that they speak for themselves, they just have some stuff typed in for clarity's sake. Also thanks to Artsy Omni for his useful PSD.

Edit: Oh god I'm sorry, I didn't realize the pictures would show up this big (I wouldn't have used such a big font otherwise).

View attachment 172386

View attachment 172388

View attachment 172390
It was about time we got back to the clouds.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I would ask you something... Do you just personally think the leak is fake or do you have a personal reason to don't want it to be true?
I think it's blatantly fake and I'm annoyed that people are taking this that much seriously despite the huge flaws it has.
It reminds me of when I was in the Kirby Reddit and people believed that "Kirby Star Knights" was real despite the obvious flaws in the pictures and the video (like assets taken from the Wii game and blurred), and that the guy who made it was probably the same one who did a lot of posts about it and mentioned it in the first place; discussing and giving importance to it was just falling into the trap. The fake became so much popular that Source Gaming made a video about it.
I was basically the only one convinced that it was 100% fake and at the end it was fake, indeed.
It's the exact same situation, the only difference is that this leak is more complex, and more blurry, so we can't see the details that would debunk it instantly.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What confirms this being the biggest leak we've ever had is ****ing BURB returning to combat it like the old days lol
I was actually summoned here yesterday.

I heard about Vaanrose's findings and went to view them myself, only to find that I had been pinged by a different user (I forget whom at the moment) responding to a post that mentioned me.

I don't plan on "combating" anyone from #TeamReal; so many people are buying into it that it'd be a losing battle. I've been at this long enough to know that, when it comes to hype, the Smash fandom is it's own worst enemy. No attempt to taper expectations, it's just "I LIKE THIS, I WANT THIS, SO IT'S REAL!". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Okay, so I thought NoPlo's post was interesting, so I went ahead and played a bit with the Median filter like he did to try some things for myself. I'm gonna just put the pictures here so that they speak for themselves, they just have some stuff typed in for clarity's sake. Also thanks to Artsy Omni for his useful PSD.

Edit: Oh god I'm sorry, I didn't realize the pictures would show up this big (I wouldn't have used such a big font otherwise).

View attachment 172386

View attachment 172388

View attachment 172390
Thanks, the hunt continues.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I heard about Vaanrose's findings and went to view them myself, only to find that I had been pinged by a different user (I forget whom at the moment) responding to a post that mentioned me.

I don't plan on "combating" anyone from #TeamReal; so many people are buying into it that it'd be a losing battle. I've been at this long enough to know that, when it comes to hype, the Smash fandom is it's own worst enemy. No attempt to taper expectations, it's just "I LIKE THIS, I WANT THIS, SO IT'S REAL!". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you against ESRB too Burb
Only asking as it'd be a funny coincidence in the end

Flon

Smash Cadet
Huh, the version of the Isabelle banner I have has Dr. Mario and Mr. G&W in the same spot as the Belmont banner (only moved very, very slightly if at all)...

View attachment 172382
You are comparing the looping banner to the non looping banner, so I'd like to first compare it to the non-looping version, but this is interesting. Each update to the banner has pushed the cast further into the background, but the leak has pulled them forward.
You're right. The non-looping version of the banner doesn't push back the characters. That's quite interesting. Another very rough gif showing all versions I can find from reveal to leak (there is one major push back that happened during Simon/K.Rool update);

So there are different versions of the mural that have characters in different positions, and the leak does not reflect on the looping version.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Any Room in this anime for Skull Kids most loyal follower, who stuck by him even before his rise to fame?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We are making a anime? /s

If I was a character in it, I probably the guy you only see in one scene in every episodes and that you cheer up because he is always doing something funny or somethin'.

Basically, I be a funny background character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar sacrificed himself so Geno, Banjo, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow and Ken could make it.

Maybe the dlc balls will revive him.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This was just an exercise of how distortions can affect an image in an attemp to help people understand how this kind of things work. I don't think I can replicate the same exact distorsion caused by the compression of a frame of a video in motion of a draft print on a certain perspective with who knows what light conditions, using just a single and very simple photoshop filter.

But I do think it's pretty significant to see how the most controversial parts (again, from my point of view, the castle area and the waterfalls) tend to transform and adapt the same shape as in the leaked background.
And I would point out that, even after you've destroyed all trace of detail and created new differences in areas that had no differences in the first place, you can still see the third waterfall, even though you've claimed you can't.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Burb with the Deux Ex Machina cameo appearance right here.

Being real though, it's great to see you again. I know we may have had our fair share of disagreements back in the day, but I've certainly missed your regular does of skepticism in recent days. I hope you're well.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I wouldn't say suckered in is the right word. The fact that everyone has to come out and throw water on this is testament to how well made it is if fake.
If it's fake (which I believe it is), "suckered" is absolutely the right word.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

That's pretty shallow minded to lump team real into a category like that, man. Just saying.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Oh jesus, I'm not going to wait 12 years before my next mainline appearance.
Welp, see you guys for Super Smash Mugen Bros Deluxe Ultimate then, since I have to go and get my ga- I mean anime delayed.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm the guy with glasses who knows everything and makes snide remarks at every turn. I also have obsessions.
There isn't. The games unanimously refer to her as female. The Smash blog made a goof and said "it" but that's since been corrected. The only people who want to argue otherwise are just deluded.
You tell 'em brother.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
It has been a while since I posted here helping with the ESRB leak from Smash 3DS. Hi everybody :p

So here's something you can try with the background if you have photoshop, and understand what happens to the image because of the low quality and artifacts caused by the recording.

Let's compare the clean background with the leaked background. Look at the spots marked in red, which are (at least to me) the most suspicious spots in the image.

View attachment 172360

Now, let's apply a filter to the clean background: Filter > Noise > Median.

See what happens to the waterfalls if I increase the value of the filter:
View attachment 172363

The waterfall from the right tends to dissapear, just like in the leaked image.

And this is what happens to the castle area:

View attachment 172364

Doesn't it look a lot more like the leaked image? I just played with the "median" filter in photoshop, that's all. You can try!

So, yeah... My point is that we have been look at the same exact background all the time, but it has been severely modified because of quality and artifacts stuff. Don't forget we are looking at the screenshot of a video in motion of a draft print.

(If you want the same result, apply Median 19 for the waterfalls and Median 28 for the castle area).
this is best read while listening to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkyH3KUAGHI

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Incineroar sacrificed himself so Geno, Banjo, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow and Ken could make it.

Maybe the dlc balls will revive him.
And they just so happen to be seven too - Octoling, Springman, Rex, Elma, Skull Kid, Black Shadow and Waddle Dee

(Pls)

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman

(image deleted so it doesn't slow down any browser)
Well, I think it's obvious some differences would have appeared given the origin of the leak and what it had to go through. Photoshop can't accurately reproduce everything, only the general effect.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’m just a reoccurring anime character that shows up every now and then, I guess.

EDIT: Also the smart, cool and chill type.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it's blatantly fake and I'm annoyed that people are taking this that much seriously despite the huge flaws it has.
It reminds me of when I was in the Kirby Reddit and people believed that "Kirby Star Knights" was real despite the obvious flaws in the pictures and the video (like assets taken from the Wii game and blurred), and that the guy who made it was probably the same one who did a lot of posts about it and mentioned it in the first place; discussing and giving importance to it was just falling into the trap. The fake became so much popular that Source Gaming made a video about it.
I was basically the only one convinced that it was 100% fake and at the end it was fake, indeed.
It's the exact same situation, the only difference is that this leak is more complex, and more blurry, so we can't see the details that would debunk it instantly.
Kirby Star Knights is no where near the scale of this leak (it'd be much easier to make), and it's already been shown how the snapchat video could mess up stuff due to artifacting, positions, lighting, and different colors.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You're all here talking about a Smash speculation anime when clearly the Mach Rider discourse proves this is a Tokusatsu smh

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>People still saying Incineroar will be DLC.

Are you guys forgetting about the "Missing Character"? I feel if any character it'll be him.

D

Deleted member

Discussion really plummeted, didn't it? Everyone's talking about being a character in a Smash anime. lol
You must be new here. Before the leak, things like this would occur about every three hours or so, before we would inevitably go back at each other's throats over a box that may or may not be a prophecy for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom