• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
No offense, but people who go "why would anyone spend this amount of time to [do X in Y way] and post it on [Z]? this is obviously real" forgot about the grueling process that it took to make the Rayman leak, and how people back then said pretty much the same exact thing.

People step up the leak game all the time. It's definitely possible.
All Triple1Dee has proven is it takes less than a day to cut everybody out. And no offense meant to him, but if he manually cut everybody out like he implies he did, he did it the slow way, too. Both Omni and myself believe the mural can be created in a single workday, and we're working artists. As in, it's our job to know how fast we can accomplish a potential task.

There's plenty of reasons to believe the leak, but "it's hard to fake" just isn't one of them.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Anything new turn up after the supposed "Golden Sun" item last night, pages keep sprouting like rabbits and I can't keep up.

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
You've introduced a dozen new artifacts in your quest to achieve one or two similar artifacts.
This was just an exercise of how distortions can affect an image in an attemp to help people understand how this kind of things work. I don't think I can replicate the same exact distorsion caused by the compression of a frame of a video in motion of a draft print on a certain perspective with who knows what light conditions, using just a single and very simple photoshop filter.

But I do think it's pretty significant to see how the most controversial parts (again, from my point of view, the castle area and the waterfalls) tend to transform and adapt the same shape as in the leaked background.

D

Deleted member

Wait.

I figured it out.

I'm the tsundere.

"I-It's not like I believe your Box Theory, b-baka..."

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Why do so many people take the word of insider's over VISUAL evidence. That's why I'M confused. Is it because they're 'popular'?
For me, it's because the "visual evidence" has a massive issue (the background being wrong; no, "camera blur" wouldn't magically make the crystals move, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ is absolutely right).

I'll buy into the "visual evidence" once I hear a reasonable explanation for the background suddenly changing. "They changed it themselves!" isn't sufficient, either, given that the biggest differences between the leak's background and the real background all happen to be in areas that are obscured in the current banner. At this point, I'll believe it when pieces start falling into place. Until then, in my eyes, it's another wishlist art project leak that people are letting themselves get suckered in by because it tells them what they want to hear. It's Agnes 2.0 by someone with the foresight to completely obscure their artwork with potato cam blur.

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
I've been refreshing to see new posts for many hours now, I think I'll go to Sleep. Best case scenario for me is if while I'm alseep something kills this whole thing and a direct is announced that starts with my cat boi's reveal.

(also I'm going to Warsaw Comic Con tommorow and there are chances of Smash being at the nintendo booth there)

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
SmashBoards... you ever hear the old saying... the enemy of my enemy is the Grinch?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah yes, and now we're in the Anime Theory.
Which is definitely true.
And although I am the fanservice character, whether or not I'm good or evil is ambiguous but I'll claim to be one way or the other depending on what's going on. Nobody knows about my secret.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
For me, it's because the "visual evidence" has a massive issue (the background being wrong; no, "camera blur" wouldn't magically make the crystals move, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ is absolutely right).

I'll buy into the "visual evidence" once I hear a reasonable explanation for the background suddenly changing. "They changed it themselves!" isn't sufficient, either, given that the biggest differences between the leak's background and the real background all happen to be in areas that are obscured in the current banner. At this point, I'll believe it when pieces start falling into place. Until then, in my eyes, it's another wishlist art project leak that people are letting themselves get suckered in by because it tells them what they want to hear.
What confirms this being the biggest leak we've ever had is ****ing BURB returning to combat it like the old days lol

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If we’re picking anime characters then I might as well be Chrollo Lucilfer since my name is based off of him ‍♂

But if we picking game characters I’m Shadow

KMDP

Smash Legend
So what am I in this wonderful anime?
Sagas would definitely be as such:
  • Teaser Mini-Arc as the first three episodes
  • First Drought Arc as the next three to four
  • The E3 Reveal Arc for the next four
  • 1st Cour ends with the teasing of Vergeben and loz18 as major antagonists
  • 2nd Cour begins with the Leak Assault Arc, which takes up most of the season (think similar to the upcoming Overhaul Arc in MHA)
  • The Pre-August and August arcs take up about three to four episodes
  • Second Drought and Japanese Earthquake Drought filler Arcs take up another significant chunk (like Naruto or One Piece filler arcs)
  • The September Nintendo Direct gets one episode because we passed over that info so fast
  • Third Drought Arc, known as the Crippling Drought Arc. Includes mini-arcs such as the Sora Skirmish and the Leak Thread arcs.
  • Currently we're in the Grinch arc, wherein a civil war occurs with the Grinch on one side and a ragtag band on the other. Who will prevail?
Find out next time on Dragonball Smashboards Z!

I imagine I'd be like Ling from Fullmetal Alchemist, with Greed being the increasing influence of 4chan due to frequent exposure. Either that or Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail for a similar reason.
Perfection.

The Grinch Arc is Smashboards Z: the Movie, which ends like Infinity War, the Grinch wins and gets what he wants (but not without some cost), while the rag-tag bunch are left incredibly confused.

Viewers leave theaters declaring it the best Smash Leak movie ever made.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You're yamcha. :smash:
I though I would be the rival character because I'm always defending the "dark side of the force"
>The no cut side
>The Vergeben is real before E3 side
>The Vergeben is real post E3 side
>The Sassy Geno ain't real side

And now I'm TeamHMMMMMMMM but I keep TRYING to find things to prove it fake, mostly because everyone directly kinda believed it-

Even though tbvh, that roster would be ****ing hype

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys I actually think I’m the yandere

I would KILL for my most wanted to be in...:evil:

not really tho

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
What if Skull Kid is the proof that this leak and Chadondorf aren't the same :thinking:

I also have another possibility:

If Chadondorf is connected, it's not the same guy who took the snapchat video, but instead the teenager or child who put screenshots of it together after seeing it, and then put together a 4chan post based off of it, only for it to get passed off to other people before someone finally leaked the images online.

Of course this is just more hypothetical thinking and proves nothing, but y'know.
The thing about the Chadondorf leak is that he claimed to know not just the roster, but characters who were planned but cut. If that's true, then it's hard to believe he wouldn't have known about Skull Kid as well.

On the flip side, if they were collaborating (real or fake), I'm not sure why one would have Skull Kid and the other wouldn't.

So either

A) That's not really Skull Kid, it's just the bike

B) Chadondorf saw the poster, missed Skull Kid, and BS'd about the rest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I discovered who i am.

I am the huge character that affected a lot the plot of the manga, but for some reason got scrapped in the anime adaptatipn.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Clearly I'm the friendly guy who's not involved in the plot aside from a few one-off episodes where everyone's looking for a MacGuffin or wants a good hot meal.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I thought NoPlo's post was interesting, so I went ahead and played a bit with the Median filter like he did to try some things for myself. I'm gonna just put the pictures here so that they speak for themselves, they just have some stuff typed in for clarity's sake. Also thanks to Artsy Omni for his useful PSD.

Edit: Oh god I'm sorry, I didn't realize the pictures would show up this big (I wouldn't have used such a big font otherwise).
Edit2: If anyone wants me to do this with any other area of the image, let me know and I'll be happy to.

Leak 1.jpg

Leak 2.jpg

Leak 3.jpg

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

I'll buy into the "visual evidence" once I hear a reasonable explanation for the background suddenly changing. "They changed it themselves!" isn't sufficient, either, given that the biggest differences between the leak's background and the real background all happen to be in areas that are obscured in the current banner. At this point, I'll believe it when pieces start falling into place. Until then, in my eyes, it's another wishlist art project leak that people are letting themselves get suckered in by because it tells them what they want to hear. It's Agnes 2.0 by someone with the foresight to completely obscure their artwork with potato cam blur.
I wouldn't say suckered in is the right word. The fact that everyone has to come out and throw water on this is testament to how well made it is if fake.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
What if Sakurai himself post here saying:

"Yes mo**********s, that was the final roster, why the **** are you too impantient... im mad... so, that unrevealead chars will be DLC day one now..., never ask me for anything ever again!" - Sakurai left

Chrono.

At this point I'm not sure what to think.

Was mostly on fake this morning, now I'm back to 'hmmm."

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, so I thought NoPlo's post was interesting, so I went ahead and played a bit with the Median filter like he did to try some things for myself. I'm gonna just put the pictures here so that they speak for themselves, they just have some stuff typed in for clarity's sake. Also thanks to Artsy Omni for his useful PSD.

View attachment 172386

View attachment 172388

View attachment 172390
From what I understand:

Clouds aren't in line
Second point is a little off
Last point isn't off at all or I'm confused

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A big reason I'm team fake is because I refuse to get my hopes up.
Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Shadow, lowkey Chorus Kids, all in this game?

How can you expect me to be team real with my heart broken so much before.
Part of me is actually hoping its fake because I want Black Shadow, Elma, Medusa and Nightmare as well though there's always DLC. At the same time it has Banjo though.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
No idea who I'd be in the Smash anime, probably a random background character since I haven't been here all that long, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom