• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I would say the background has been fundamentally disproven, and because everything is blurry it becomes a lot easier to hide mistakes. I'll probably never convince you that its fake, we'll just have to wait for Nintendo show us the truth. Still, I've made my claim and my bet in my signature.
Now we have two reasons to want the leak to be real.

But seriously, I'm 70/30 for #TeamFake honestly. I don't think the leak is as impressive as I first thought.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm surprised that the Wendy's new item leak was taken with such little blowback from team real. An item from Golden Sun is in the game confirmed officially yet very little discussion

Maybe I slept through it all.
We don't know if that's a Golden Sun item.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
If there is a Nintendo Direct or Smash Direct before November 2nd, they cant announce any characters from Camelot, Microsoft or Rare since the bundle doesn’t have their companies listed. In which case, in order for this leak to be true, the final character reveals would have to fall after the 2nd, otherwise we are in trouble.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
We know that no matter what if the leak is fake or real, theres gonna be salt. But can you imagine what GameFaqs is gonna be like?
Personally, this is what i imagine the state of GameFaqs will be once the next direct drops
Thank you, I just startled my dog by playing that.
52A8784D-871F-4E98-8865-2B76C1862B9B.jpeg

(Why the heck is the image upside-down?)

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 172260

Surfing around, I found this. Note that Konami IS on the box, but the creator of this image forgot to list them. Microsoft is not present. These are some of those early download code-included Switch bundled boxes.

Would these need to have the final trademark/copyright information on the box in order to be distributed? If so, this completely debunks Steve/Banjo.
So it all comes full circle, The Box delivered a killing blow to the Grinch Theory..

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing that's funny about all of this is that we've been so conditioned to expect certain things as a fanbase that we're giving equal grounding to Sakurai adding four popular fan picks versus the most elaborate hoax in gaming history done by a professional graphic designer with a 20,000 IQ, no moral compass, and an odd hobby of making bootleg Grinch products.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There's literally no need to change it, though; it would be pointlessly creating more work to alter areas that nobody would even see.
The same argument could be used for all of the "needless" art that was added when they shifted all of the characters (most of Roy's sword and foot, part of Jigglys body, Greninjas tongue, etc). It's poor picture quality, yet the fact that we can catch all of these little details should tell people something. The leaker simply could have moved characters in a way that didn't reveal more art or hide existing art behind other characters. It was all needlessly complicated, if fake of course.

Also, if fake, the leaker changed things on the background that are not just behind characters. The clouds above Bayonetta and the castle behind Zelda are both clearly seen in the banner, yet altered or removed entirely for no reason.

If the leaker payed attention to how long Greninjas newly revealed tongue had to be with pinpoint accuracy (you can see the end of it just barely behind Snakes missile launcher in the current banner), how the hell does he miss the huge ass castle behind Zelda's hand?

It being fake causes more problems than it being real

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yo- why don't we compare a collector box with a collector box?
Like, the 3dsXL smash Bros collector? If that one match the 3ds box then yeah, copyright is a non-issue

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If it's fake there will be more newcomers than just Ken and Incineroar, at least Shadow and one other unique newcomer. Let the box theory die
If we trust some of these rumors that have come out against this leak (namely Spawn Wave), Box Theory is dead and buried.

But that's what I thought when the idea first popped up and it comes back from the grave still. :chuckle:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
So it all comes full circle, The Box delivered a killing blow to the Grinch Theory..
I'm so sad they cut Ness from Smash 3DS...

(I know I already posted this but I want to keep saying it cuz this thread moves fast and I don't want misinformation to spread)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm surprised that the Wendy's new item leak was taken with such little blowback from team real. An item from Golden Sun is in the game confirmed officially yet very little discussion

It's not confirmed to be a GS item, as no GS item has a green bubble around it like this new item does. All we have to go off of is the sprout itself.

Plus, someone pointed out that the sprout in GS looks like a vine sprout. This sprout looks like a typical bean sprout.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was initially thinking today will be uneventful, but I have a hunch either you all are going to have to eat healthy soon or Noipoi Noipoi and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon are gonna make me eat pants

Either way I'm having a lot of fun dudes hahaha

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
The copyrights on the console box are only for characters who are on that box. That's why SEGA is there despite Sonic not being on the regular box art - he's on the console box. ie. copyrights mean nothing.

D

Deleted member

Quick question, why is Sora considered as likely first dlc? Honest question

D

Deleted member

Alright, if the copyrights don't include Camelot. Microsoft and Rare, I'm gonna have to pull out and just call it there. We're going to know every character before release, this is coming from an OFFICIAL release, we've known this game had gone gold weeks ago, the Eric guy also said he had been being impersonated as - had that Switch bundle not come out, I don't think we'd be in a more clearer position to call the shots.

KMDP

Smash Legend

You slept through it all.

CCub

Smash Rookie
I would say the background has been fundamentally disproven, and because everything is blurry it becomes a lot easier to hide mistakes. I'll probably never convince you that its fake, we'll just have to wait for Nintendo show us the truth. Still, I've made my claim and my bet in my signature.
Yeah I was heavy leaning towards real until i saw Artsy's video on the background and such. I am still unsure of where some of the renders came from, however. The box pictures just support my doubts and I think it's hard to draw a connection between the sprout and that being evidence that the grinch leak is true. I just wish Nintendo would announce a direct date instead of speculation of when one would take place.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
Alright, if the copyrights don't include Camelot. Microsoft and Rare, I'm gonna have to pull out and just call it there. We're going to know every character before release, this is coming from an OFFICIAL release, we've known this game had gone gold weeks ago, the Eric guy also said he had been being impersonated as - had that Switch bundle not come out, I don't think we'd be in a more clearer position to call the shots.
copyrights only needed for characters on the box. See my above post.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
This is fascinating. The named guy is the only listed employee? We’ve confirmed the place exists, so that’s just...odd.
This can't be true. We had that reporting company contact both ACP and Eric; they didn't say ACP was Eric

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
The thing that's funny about all of this is that we've been so conditioned to expect certain things as a fanbase that we're giving equal grounding to Sakurai adding four popular fan picks versus the most elaborate hoax in gaming history done by a professional graphic designer with a 20,000 IQ, no moral compass, and an odd hobby of making bootleg Grinch products.
That's giving it way too much credit; it's very possible the person themselves is working on printing official promotional material for the Grinch and was doing this as a side project. And if he was in the industry, he'd know to go out looking for connections and the like (if he isn't just a coworker from the first company). The only questionable part is using someone else's name.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
This bundle already leaked by the way, the copyrights are likely there because all of the revealed characters are on the box.
Pretty much this. Nintendo would never be as stupid as to put Rare or Camelot on the copyright of the Smash Switch bundle, especially considering it releases a month before the game. People are writing the leak off completely from something that is so easily refuted. Long live the mother****ing grinch.

Last edited:

ekc

Smash Cadet
Regardless if we get a direct before the 2nd, you really think Nintendo wouldn't know products get out early? If another company is added, especially Microsoft, they'd keep that stuff away from any product until launch.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, what is everyone's predictions if this turns out fake... and yes if you're team real you can answer this too, just curious.
Team Real but if this is fake I'm back on the Elma-for-base train and I'm rooting for Incineroar. I feel like Geno is still a thing, and as much as I want 2B to be the surprise Square DLC, it'll probably be Sora.

D

Deleted member

I was initially thinking today will be uneventful, but I have a hunch either you all are going to have to eat healthy soon or Noipoi Noipoi and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon are gonna make me eat pants

Either way I'm having a lot of fun dudes hahaha
Your eating of pants meant that Incineroar is in, correct? If so, then I apologize, but I, too, would like you to eat pants.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Now a question for you all: would you be okay with this leak being fake? For me it'd mean Shadow and Mach Rider are back on the ropes (although the former still has a lot going for him) but would reopen the (however small) chances of KOS-MOS, Black Knight, Elma and Black Shadow.
I would be ok with this leak being fake I honestly hope shadow atleast makes it in. But it would be disappointing that some of these characters didn’t make it in I can imagine the reactions if this was real. But so far this was a very complex leak and I was tired talking about the box..

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nintendo only have to list the copyrights of characters actually on the box.

If Isaac, Geno and Banjo are revealed after the Switch bundle comes out (which is likely), there is no reason to put their copyrights on the box.
EDIT: This is my 4444th post. During the Hallowe'en season... yaaaaaaay...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom