• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now a question for you all: would you be okay with this leak being fake? For me it'd mean Shadow and Mach Rider are back on the ropes (although the former still has a lot going for him) but would reopen the (however small) chances of KOS-MOS, Black Knight, Elma and Black Shadow.
Whether you're on Team Real or Team Fake, I think it's important to be prepared for any outcome.

There's still a chance the remaining newcomers could just be Incineroar or Ken. How likely that chance is depends on who you ask but we should still all be prepared for it, just in case.

D

Deleted member

So, what is everyone's predictions if this turns out fake... and yes if you're team real you can answer this too, just curious.
69 Geno
60E Ken
70 Lycanroc or Incineroar
38E Shadow
71 Rayman

DLC
09E Gooigi
72 Isaac
73 Spring Man
74 ???
75 ???
2 more Echo Fighters

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Whether you're on Team Real or Team Fake, I think it's important to be prepared for any outcome.

There's still a chance the remaining newcomers could just be Incineroar or Ken. How likely that chance is depends on who you ask but we should still all be prepared for it, just in case.
I would not be prepared for the dissapointment and outrage if that's the outcome.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ah, right.

So by that logic, none of the 3rd parties or Intelligent Systems or Monolith Soft and so on should be listed because they aren't on the starting roster.
If you're referring to the 3DS version then uh yeah those are all on the starting roster....

Apparently the only thing we can pull from the box is if the Grinch leak is real we won't get a reveal until after Nov 2....which we all assumed lol.

CCub

Smash Rookie
View attachment 172260

Surfing around, I found this. Note that Konami IS on the box, but the creator of this image forgot to list them. Microsoft is not present. These are some of those early download code-included Switch bundled boxes.

Would these need to have the final trademark/copyright information on the box in order to be distributed? If so, this completely debunks Steve/Banjo.
for cataloging: I make out this list;
  • nintendo
  • hal lab
  • pokemon
  • creatures inc.
  • game freak
  • shigesato itoi
  • ape
  • intelligent systems
  • konami digital entertainment
  • sega
  • capcom
  • bandai namco
  • monolithsoft
  • capcom
  • square enix

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
My prediction if this is fake:
#69. Incineroar
*echos*
Ken
Shadow
#70 Geno
And then a DLC tease at the VGA

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
its interesting bc i want this to be real so bad, so ill be mega hyped if this leak was real

now if it was fake, then honestly i would be just a bit disappointed. considering the roster already, its enough for me, but the characters in the leak, i would like to have also

D

Deleted member

Gooigi as a Luigi echo is probably the most likely DLC character.
Fight me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
All I will say to this is, people are crazy and will go to crazy lengths to accomplish things. If this leak is fake, nothing done here is out of the realm of possibility
Trust me, I'm not arguing that people can't do this. I'm arguing the probability of all of this (all 12 points i made in that comment) going exactly right without a hitch the past 72 hours.

Seriously, the worst argument against it is the background, but nothing else can be fundamentally disproven, even the background. If fake, the leaker accomplished all of these things at once. I can see some of them being accomplished individually, but there are so many pieces that cohesively corroborate each other, and that right there is what makes me find it hard to believe a person could have faked this.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Now a question for you all: would you be okay with this leak being fake? For me it'd mean Shadow and Mach Rider are back on the ropes (although the former still has a lot going for him) but would reopen the (however small) chances of KOS-MOS, Black Knight, Elma and Black Shadow.
I'd personally slightly prefer it to be fake, because Incineroar is the only unique newcomer this time around that I'd have any sort of excitement/interest in (Simon/Richter got "that's kinda cool" out of me, but I wasn't hyped or anything by their inclusion). But considering my most wanteds are currently Rex and Monster Hunter, I'm slowly getting used to vitriol and ******** about characters I like.

If you're referring to the 3DS version then uh yeah those are all on the starting roster....

Apparently the only thing we can pull from the box is if the Grinch leak is real we won't get a reveal until after Nov 2....which we all assumed lol.
I was talking about the Switch bundle. If we're going to use Ness' unlockable status as "evidence", then that clearly no longer applies to Ultimate.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I mean, I'll admit that I'll be upset if it's fake, I'm ready for the worst. These newcomers would be amazing but tbf we already had an amazing roster pre-Grinch. I do agree that this leak, if fake, brings up Mach Rider in popularity, and also likely, demand
See: How Rayman leak started a demand for Rayman right after the leak was confirmed fake.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
We know that no matter what if the leak is fake or real, theres gonna be salt. But can you imagine what GameFaqs is gonna be like?
Personally, this is what i imagine the state of GameFaqs will be once the next direct drops

Untouch

Smash Master
This bundle already leaked by the way, the copyrights are likely there because all of the revealed characters are on the box.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 172260

Surfing around, I found this. Note that Konami IS on the box, but the creator of this image forgot to list them. Microsoft is not present. These are some of those early download code-included Switch bundled boxes.

Would these need to have the final trademark/copyright information on the box in order to be distributed? If so, this completely debunks Steve/Banjo.

I don't know if this is related, but the box for Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga does not include Square Enix's name, despite Geno having a cameo in one of the minigames.

I'm leaning towards Real, but about 70/30.

WELP I was wrong! ah well

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It's definitely important to prepare for it (hope for the best, prepare for the worst). Though, I have to be emotionally honest, no matter how much I thought this was fake at first, and even started believing it remained skeptical and tried to debunk it--it's hard. This leak, if fake, is really ****ing good. So, kinda hard not to be disappointed no matter how much I prepare myself. Not at the game itself (I was sold on it at E3), but just... everything surrounding this. It's only the nature of these things when they pop up. I at least try to remain critical, seeing the arguments against and changing my views, to hopefully lessen the impact.

I'm still hyping irresponsibly, though.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
We've definitely hit a dead end here. There might be some more stuff coming out overtime, but unless someone makes another credible image leak in response, I doubt well get away from just "who knows until the direct".

ekc

Smash Cadet
I don't think who's on the starting roster matter, I just think it uses those already announced. If they had to show all the copyright from the full game this bundle wouldn't be out until December.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Just a guess but this is how I feel the roster will end up with since I think the leak is fake

Characters:
Incineroar
Geno/ Microsoft Character (Possibly Isaac but not as sure)

Echoes:
Ken
Shadow

Game Awards:
Sora as first DLC

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If the box that comes out over a month before release and before all info was out listed Rare and Camelot, it would immediately leak that Banjo and Isaac are in.

That doesn’t mean anything. They would knowingly leak their game.

There’s also a chance that those dudes are DLC. Doubt that but there’s a chance.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
We've definitely hit a dead end here. There might be some more stuff coming out overtime, but unless someone makes another credible image leak in response, I doubt well get away from just "who knows until the direct".
Was there ever not a dead end? This is literally esrb 2.0 and it's following all the same paths.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
So, what is everyone's predictions if this turns out fake... and yes if you're team real you can answer this too, just curious.
Then we move on and wait until:

a) Another "leak" comes around, where we'll rinse and repeat

b) Nintendo unveils new information as release draws closer (we're a little over a month away, so not for long)

Ultimately (heh)
:ultryu::GCU::GCB:

gloop898

Smash Cadet
Trust me, I'm not arguing that people can't do this. I'm arguing the probability of all of this (all 12 points i made in that comment) going exactly right without a hitch the past 72 hours.

Seriously, the worst argument against it is the background, but nothing else can be fundamentally disproven, even the background. If fake, the leaker accomplished all of these things at once. I can see some of them being accomplished individually, but there are so many pieces that cohesively corroborate each other, and that right there is what makes me find it hard to believe a person could have faked this.
I would say the background has been fundamentally disproven, and because everything is blurry it becomes a lot easier to hide mistakes. I'll probably never convince you that its fake, we'll just have to wait for Nintendo show us the truth. Still, I've made my claim and my bet in my signature.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
If it turns out fake, my predictions are... (not necessarily in order)

Ken as an Echo
Shadow as an Echo
Banjo
Isaac
Skull Kid (maybe not as likely as the others but there's hope)

3 uniques and 2 echos seems pretty plausible.

As for DLC...

Any of the above if they aren't in base
Dixie
Sora

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I'd personally slightly prefer it to be fake, because Incineroar is the only unique newcomer this time around that I'd have any sort of excitement/interest in (Simon/Richter got "that's kinda cool" out of me, but I wasn't hyped or anything by their inclusion). But considering my most wanteds are currently Rex and Monster Hunter, I'm slowly getting used to vitriol and ******** about characters I like.

I was talking about the Switch bundle. If we're going to use Ness' unlockable status as "evidence", then that clearly no longer applies to Ultimate.
It's less about a character being unlockable and more about a character being revealed, or not being revealed.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I just saw in realtime, the copyright argument get countered Ace Attorney style! It truly is amazing how every debunk attempt has its equal in the refuting department, canceling each other out like Phoenix Wright and an opponent having at it with one another!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I mean, I'll admit that I'll be upset if it's fake, I'm ready for the worst. These newcomers would be amazing but tbf we already had an amazing roster pre-Grinch. I do agree that this leak, if fake, brings up Mach Rider in popularity, and also likely, demand
See: How Rayman leak started a demand for Rayman right after the leak was confirmed fake.
That always annoys me. That people only start to support something once they think it will happen, rather than support something from the start because they always wanted that character. I never support or unsupport a character based on possibilites. My support always goes to characters I genuinely want in.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, the only thing that will end this is the leaker outright saying, “I made this” or Sakurai saying in a Direct after revealing stuff that isn’t there and saying, “That’s it!”

Or, revealing Shadow but the artwork is different for example.

Best to expect the worst but hope for the best.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that the Wendy's new item leak was taken with such little blowback from team real. An item from Golden Sun is in the game confirmed officially yet very little discussion

Maybe I slept through it all.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

If it's fake there will be more newcomers than just Ken and Incineroar, at least Shadow and one other unique newcomer. Let the box theory die

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The very best outcome would be both the Kencineroar and Grinch Leaks lying somewhere in the middle like Mystic was implying.

The worst outcome would be one or the other being true, not because I personally don’t want any of those characters but because the disappointment will be sad to see. So I’m hoping both leaks are true.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Incineroar IS in the game (Eat pants Pyra Pyra ).
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true.
If I didn't explicitly make the bet with you this is probably what I would have leaned on instead.

So am I allowed to pick the method of preparing pants if it happens? :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom