• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
People have parlayed it into this College Tour video which has this unidentified item on it, which looks like Sprout from Golden Sun.
Well, I get that, but I thought we got to something else. Um, 4 days until the end of October I see though.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

It's been so long, just let me sleep. x_x

You may not.
We all know that Havest Moon and/or Stardew Valley has a better shot at getting a playable character than a series like Golden Sun.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Here's a question while Golden Sun is on the topic (and for people who think Isaac is in/likely). There were rumors that Isaac was going to be revealed in the direct back in September, but his reveal was removed due to the Earthquake. Sakurai has said that they had to change things to be mindful of the re-done direct, Do you think Isaac was going to be planned for a reveal in the direct, maybe as the headliner with Isabelle as the closer, and they just decided to delay his reveal? Or was that pure coincidence? (The main blow to this theory is Cities: Skylines was in the direct and it has a disaster DLC, but I'm not sure if that's in the Switch version or would be in the Japanese direct).
I think that's quite likely. Remember when they completely canned the fully-finished Gen IV episode of the Pokémon anime where Whiscash used Earthquake and never aired it again, even during re-runs that were years after the disaster? The Japanese are very sensitive about things like these, I would say overly so. I wouldn't be all too surprised if Isaac was cut completely over this, or at least had his earth moves changed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is something important to note with the unique characters choices.

its 3 huge smash ballot fan choices all of which could have really interesting mechanics
and 2 characters that sakurai has expressed wanting to put in but also probably have really interesting mechanics.

the choices feel very "right" for who skaurai could pick for smash imo.

also fits the rathalos "hint" at isaac, the karate joe DK watching tv pose "hint", sakurai buying the vifam robot figure to use the gun to model a character... theres just a lot going for this even if I step back from all the recent evidence because of where the leaks coming from and what ive heard etc...

the actual character choices themselves just "fit" very well imo.
The DK Butt Scratch isn't a hint if this is real because then it's be Karate Joe

D

Deleted member

So, if I understand correctly, papagenos papagenos is confirming the Grinch leak (or at least the roster in it) as legit, right?

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...rs-leaks-ahead.434391/page-6236#post-22598023
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...rs-leaks-ahead.434391/page-6234#post-22597935
So, if we assume the Chadnondorf Leak, and the Grinch leak are two different people as well (which they likely are), then that's 3 different sources confirming basically the same roster. And then you have the Wendy's add hinting at Isaac being in as well.
I think it's fairly safe to assume: Ken, Shadow, Geno, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Isaac, and Banjo, are the remaining 7 newcomers.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's a question while Golden Sun is on the topic (and for people who think Isaac is in/likely). There were rumors that Isaac was going to be revealed in the direct back in September, but his reveal was removed due to the Earthquake. Sakurai has said that they had to change things to be mindful of the re-done direct, Do you think Isaac was going to be planned for a reveal in the direct, maybe as the headliner with Isabelle as the closer, and they just decided to delay his reveal? Or was that pure coincidence? (The main blow to this theory is Cities: Skylines was in the direct and it has a disaster DLC, but I'm not sure if that's in the Switch version or would be in the Japanese direct).

On a side note relating to the plant, I've seen people say it might be Leech Seed, but it would seem odd to make a Pokemon move a thing when they could just make (the move) a Pokeball mon. Or add the effect to Ivysaur if they really liked it.
That was more speculation than rumour; can't recall anyone of note hinting towards something specifically Smash-related being the culprit.

And while it's possible, it seems quite unlikely to me. Isaac wouldn't have tied well to the Isabelle/AC reveal at the end, and, based on how it was revealed, it seems like Luigi's Mansion 3 was always intended to start the show. But I suppose if Isaac's potential reveal features a big earthquake or something of that nature, it would strengthen the theory.

We all know that Havest Moon and/or Stardew Valley has a better shot at getting a playable character than a series like Golden Sun.
Bah, can't argue with that. Curse Sakurai and his dreams of being a farmer!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This is something important to note with the unique characters choices.

its 3 huge smash ballot fan choices all of which could have really interesting mechanics
and 2 characters that sakurai has expressed wanting to put in but also probably have really interesting mechanics.

the choices feel very "right" for who skaurai could pick for smash imo.

also fits the rathalos "hint" at isaac, the karate joe DK watching tv pose "hint", sakurai buying the vifam robot figure to use the gun to model a character... theres just a lot going for this even if I step back from all the recent evidence because of where the leaks coming from and what ive heard etc...

One of the reasons why I initially considered it fake in addition to too many characters, were some of the oddball picks. However, later I had reflected that in addition to my much earlier predicted characters (e.g., Geno, Banjo, Isaac) for fan demand, while I didn't include it I knew there'd be an oddball pick somewhere that I didn't feel comfortable predicting. And the more I learned, the more Chorus Kids and Mach Rider "made sense", as two characters considered for Smash games (with Sakurai reflecting on Mach Rider that he wouldn't know how to handle the bike in the moveset, I believe), and Mach Rider also matched the gun leak I sorta brushed off when I thought there wasn't enough characters (and I had assumed, like a lot of people, might have been Elma). Everything seems to fall into place when looking at these characters in the leak.

I don't put any of these points in my consideration for their validity--as if it is fake, this leaker knows his ****ing Smash and all of his choices were on point, including the little details included with Chorus Kids and Isaac that felt so much like Sakurai. Not to mention all their character art, which as said above, means this person knows these characters and what they should look like, and organically meld together.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So, if I understand correctly, papagenos papagenos is confirming the Grinch leak (or at least the roster in it) as legit, right?

https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...rs-leaks-ahead.434391/page-6236#post-22598023
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...rs-leaks-ahead.434391/page-6234#post-22597935
So, if we assume the Chadnondorf Leak, and the Grinch leak are two different people as well (which they likely are), then that's 3 different sources confirming basically the same roster. And then you have the Wendy's add hinting at Isaac being in as well.
I think it's fairly safe to assume: Ken, Shadow, Geno, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Isaac, and Banjo, are the remaining 7 newcomers.
Not quite.

'Chad Ganondorf' could be the same person as the Grinch, or it could be that the Grinch leaker copied his one to add validity, giving him about a month to fabricate everything.

papagenos papagenos ' source was only sure about Banjo, but heard 'whispers' of the other characters, and that's the only reason they believe this leak. In other words, they have only heard the names before, they haven't seen the 'real' finished banner or anything like that.

Last edited:

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
Could the plant orb thing be a different design of the healing field item? It has a similar sprout design. I don't know why they would want to redesign it, and it would certainly be very weird, but that's the first association my brain made, since we already know it's an item.

P.S. can we standardize the leak name? I've heard Grinch leak, banner leak, mural leak, French leak, printing leak, and a few variations of those being thrown around. Let's just pick 1. My choice would be banner leak.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What I'm getting here is that there's two different parties of leakers who have heard two different stories.

And both have circumstantial evidence backing them

The Box vs Snapchat: Cage fight of the century!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Playing devil's advocate, but you could use them fitting so well as an argument against the leak as its possible to imagine the leaker as someone who knows what the Smash community wants (Geno, Isaac, Banjo), what it expects (Shadow, Ken) and what fits in with pre-existing patterns (Mach Rider as the retro rep and Chorus Kids as the characters getting their second chance, much like Chrom).

However, it it was fake you'd wonder why they'd not include Incineroar as the 'obligatory' Pokemon rep. Perhaps to make it stand out? Fake leaks sometimes make strange decisions to get more attention: see that Gardevoir/Gothitelle leak picking Richter instead, because everyone and their mum was on the Simon bandwaggon at the time.

Idk at this point - I just want the Smash direct to come and clear up this mess

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Playing devil's advocate, but you could use them fitting so well as an argument against the leak as its possible to imagine the leaker as someone who knows what the Smash community wants (Geno, Isaac, Banjo), what it expects (Shadow, Ken) and what fits in with pre-existing patterns (Mach Rider as the retro rep and Chorus Kids as the characters getting their second chance, much like Chrom).

However, it it was fake you'd wonder why they'd not include Incineroar as the 'obligatory' Pokemon rep. Perhaps to make it stand out? Fake leaks sometimes make strange decisions to get more attention: see that Gardevoir/Gothitelle leak picking Richter instead, because everyone and their mum was on the Simon bandwaggon at the time.

Idk at this point - I just want the Smash direct to come and clear up this mess
That's actually a good point, I've always had that kind of mindset.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

On a side note relating to the plant, I've seen people say it might be Leech Seed, but it would seem odd to make a Pokemon move a thing when they could just make (the move) a Pokeball mon. Or add the effect to Ivysaur if they really liked it.
I heavily discounted this when it occurred.

Still not sure what to think about it, but there is one thing that MAY hint at it being true.

If the item is Growth, it would likely have been shown off alongside Isaac, with a full website reveal afterward.

This would mean it would not be a “new” item when the Wendy’s thing happened. Since that is not where we’d expect an item reveal, it might lend some small credence to the idea.

I had largely dismissed it, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not quite.

'Chad Ganondorf' could be the same person as the Grinch, or it could be that the Grinch leaker copied his one to add validity, giving him about a month to fabricate everything.

papagenos papagenos ' source was only sure about Banjo, but heard 'whispers' of the other characters, and that's the only reason they believe this leak. In other words, they have only heard the names before, they haven't seen the 'real' finished banner or anything like that.
Could be. Ofc. But there's no proof of that, and with a 3rd person verifying at least one of the characters in there, and feeling confident about the rest, as well as Wendy's teasing another (Isaac)

Suddenly, the probability of this being fake, and Chadnondorf and Grinch being the same leak starts to drop dramatically. It's suddenly starting to look like that's the legit roster.

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
I feel like some people are way to skeptical towards this;

You got people being to naive and you got people being to skeptical.

Neither are good, you should not believe everything you see, but you should not just throw everything away even if all the evidence is before you.

Right now I believe this leak is leaning to be real, but I withhold myself from saying its real or fake, because that is the right thing to do.

I just literally saw loads of people throwing this leak away because it is blurry? like cmon... your intentions are obviously because you are a pessimist or you simply don't see the character you want included within this leak, none healthy would act like this.

D

Deleted member

I still don't understand the green bubble, afaik the ability in golden sun doesn't have that right?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know...I was thinking and I realized something with Mystic's Tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"But the poster seems off and isn't what we've seen"

I was thinking...could it be possible that Nintendo send a Mural design that isn't 100% complete to the Design company, for them to make the items, until production where they would give the real mural, JUST to be sure that if X group of Characters is leaked (here, the 7 one) it's the fault of X source (here the design production)

And that the Insiders have seen Another design of the mural with others Characters and Incineroar that could, for Exemple be planned for an early date? For Exemple next direct?

Remember. He did say that the leaked Mural have Characters that are actually in but isn't what he saw

Last edited:

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430

"But the poster is off and isn't what we've seen"

I was thinking...could it be possible that Nintendo send a Mural design that isn't 100% complete to the Design company, for them to make the items, until production where they would give the real mural, JUST to be sure that if X group of Characters is leaked (here, the 7 one) it's the fault of X source (here the design production)

And that the Insiders have seen Another design of the mural with others Characters and Incineroar that could, for Exemple be planned for an early date? For Exemple next direct?

Remember. He did say that the leaked Mural have Characters that are actually in but isn't what he saw
I'm lost, so, are sources saying this particular Banner is fake, but does have some characters on there, and does have incineroar.

Or

Its Real and they've seen the wrong banner and this one that 'leaked' is real?

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman

So, there is a possibility of 8 newcomers then?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I do think Mystic's Tweet is referring to some visual evidence that they've seen. I've toyed with the idea that they could leave out characters when printing to avoid as many spoilers are possible--but why would they choose Incineroar, of all characters, to leave out for that reason? Everyone and their grandmother knows Incineroar's likely in, I would expect leaving characters out like Banjo & Kazooie or Mach Rider if that were the reason. So, it's iffy, but possible. *shrugs*

Of course, maybe that's not the reason and Nintendo omitted Incineroar so that if it were leaked people would highly question it *puts on conspiracy hat*

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I do think Mystic's Tweet is referring to some visual evidence that they've seen. I've toyed with the idea that they could leave out characters when printing to avoid as many spoilers are possible--but why would they choose Incineroar, of all characters, to leave out for that reason? Everyone and their grandmother knows Incineroar's likely in, I would expect leaving characters out like Banjo & Kazooie or Mach Rider if that were the reason. So, it's iffy, but possible. *shrugs*

Of course, maybe that's not the reason and Nintendo omitted Incineroar so that if it were leaked people would highly question it *puts on conspiracy hat*
If you continue Mystic's thread there Incineroar and Another Characters that supposedly make sense as of why they're not present here.

So basically were looking at either
3 Characters to like 7/8/9 Characters left depending if the leak is true or not. That's bonkers.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Why do people believe these weird "source" tweets? Sources can be lying. Sources maybe don't know anything. Sources maybe ... leak false information because Nintendo asked so.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
There's always the possibility a pokemon was put out there as leak bait. You never know. If they decided no new pokemon this time around since they readded pokemon trainer and pichu, then it would make sense to spread around a pokemon as leak bait.

Or I'm completely wrong. :p

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Is anyone else more excited for a reveal now than ever just because there is such a compelling mystery behind all of this? It's like, something screwy is happening here, and I HAVE to know what Sakurai, that devil, has got planned.

D

Deleted member

Whatever it is, the bubble is probably there to prevent the item from blending into background greenery.
That seems like the thing thats happening, yeah

Also some stores got the special edition and theres a back. Is box theory dead or am I thinking of the wrong box lol

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman

That could make sense. They're not losing anything with that, in any case if a leak just occurs, they can track where it appeared.....

It makes sense, so it's possible we end getting Incineroar and maybe even more (unlikely due the amount of characters left if this is true and the short amount of time until the release).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Won’t have time to skim all these pages before work, have any developments happened overnight?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That seems like the thing thats happening, yeah

Also some stores got the special edition and theres a back. Is box theory dead or am I thinking of the wrong box lol
You've got the wrong box. The box the theory is based off of won't release until the game does, and we'll probably know the entire roster by then.

dilfsR'us

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5253-6645-3708
So just a thought about the banner leak, feel free to see it differently. there is a lot of discrepancies in the background but a lot working for it to possibly be true, so what if nintendo sent out their promotional material with small details wrong so that it can be scrutinized when over-analyzed but not noticed when seen as a big pictured. sort of like (if im remembering right) the ESRB leak had Disabled spelt as Disablad in the bottom corner for smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom