• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Just as a little break away from the sheer amount of grinch ****posting that is going on right now...

Does anyone know who illustrated the "Everyone Is Here" banner art? All the characters look absolutely gorgeous and I can't find the artist anywhere through google searches.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
I think this video provides enough evidence for me to debunk the leak. I'd love to be wrong, because what an amazing roster that would be. Still, the discrepancies here just don't make sense.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Guys, I think I found a solid reason why people believe this leak is real...and it's pretty funny...

View attachment 172246
This proves one of my theories, people believe this leak because they have fan wanted characters, some don't even provide solid evidence in these comments, it's just 'If it hadn't had Shadow I'd think it would be fake', now that is kinda sad.

If this leak had Tails, I still wouldn't believe. At least that theory has been Comfirmed.

I'm just going to put this here...

View attachment 172247

Listen, I'll openly admit (and have repeatedly already") that these are some of the best characters Smash could get at the moment imo.

That being said, I've looked at that poster/cardboard more times than I can count and it's the WAY it's done that screams real to me. If it had Ken/Incineroar only I would have looked at the poster objectively the same way.

Every single character is layered perfectly and seamlessly into the banner. The 7 new characters are behind some characters, in front of others and shifted the banner around in a logical manner. This isn't even mentioning how the leak came into circulation, in which it's story is Herculean in itself.

Basically you have to be a near meticulous artist and have this perfect (job) background and accidently leak the picture into circulation. Yes, the text leak (if related) was intentional, but the picture was not.

Last edited:

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I think this leaker won't provide any new information, unlike the ESRB leak years ago, this leak is only going to be one image, not a collection of images with Video proof.

Let's say, this leak is real, and was a mistake, then no Video evidence won't come out unless the 'video' on Snapchat is shown with I doubt.

If this leak is fake, then its possible we could get something extra, but I still doubt it.

In my opinion, this is the opposite to the ESRB leak, I remember alot of people say its Fake, yet now this one gets the bigger Team Real, but that's just a thought, not a point.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think this video provides enough evidence for me to debunk the leak. I'd love to be wrong, because what an amazing roster that would be. Still, the discrepancies here just don't make sense.
Is the only thing he's comparing the background? Because we already went over it 1000 times already.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, if what Mystic said is true and we get a single trailer for TWO Unique Characters, I can see it being Mach Rider and Chorus Kids. I love Mach Rider but she’s not big enough to hold her own trailer and same with the Chorus Kids to a lesser extent.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Basically you have to be a near meticulous artist and have this perfect background and accidently leak the picture into circulation. Yes, the text leak (if related) was intentional, but the picture was not.
Except that the background is far, far from perfect, it only seems that way at a glance. And when you consider that most of the flaws come from areas that were obscured by the E3 version of the mural, it seems apparent that the background was rebuilt from the ground up by someone who didn't realize there was a blank version of the background out there already.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
I hereby christen this the Schrödinger's Leak.

It has equal bad and equal good going for it and thus, it exists in a state of Fake and Real at the same time until it gets confirmed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

It has equal bad and equal good going for it and thus, it exists in a state of Fake and Real at the same time until it gets confirmed.
That guy get it and it's basically my stance on that leak.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Except that the background is far, far from perfect, it only seems that way at a glance. And when you consider that most of the flaws come from areas that were obscured by the E3 version of the mural, it seems apparent that the background was rebuilt from the ground up by someone who didn't realize there was a blank version of the background out there already.
Not the background in talking about. I'm talking about job background/history of the leak.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I don't understand why people are bothering to go through every little detail of the blurry mess of a wristband. Of course there will be discrepancies given it's from a pixelated snapchat video with bad lighting.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Listen, I'll openly admit (and have repeatedly already") that these are some of the best characters Smash could get at the moment imo.

That being said, I've looked at that poster/cardboard more times than I can count and it's the WAY it's done that screams real to me. If it had Ken/Incineroar only I would have looked at the poster objectively the same way.

Every single character is layered perfectly and seamlessly into the banner. The 7 new characters are behind some characters, in front of others and shifted the banner around in a logical manner. This isn't even mentioning how the leak came into circulation, in which it's story is Herculean in itself.

Basically you have to be a near meticulous artist and have this perfect background and accidently leak the picture into circulation. Yes, the text leak (if related) was intentional, but the picture was not.
I'm not trying to convince you it's fake, but there are a ton of possibilities, maybe it was made from Scratch, maybe there was a Team behind the fake leak, we simply don't know, my best advice is to stay Neutral, I really don't want to see people upset if this isn't real. But again, I'm not convinceing you.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Something has occurred to me, with how fast the thread is moving, we might actually reach 6969 pages before release.

Pretty sure we've gone over this about 200 pages or so back
Ok, can you provide a counter point then? What exactly about the evidence provided wasn't enough?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't understand why people are bothering to go through every little detail of the blurry mess of a wristband. Of course there will be discrepancies given it's from a pixelated snapchat video with bad lighting.
Some of the changes in the background are too significant to explain away with just that though. Besides, if pixelization is at fault, why aren't we seeing equally significant differences in the characters themselves then?

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
At most we Mystic saying what’s real is somewhere around the middle. At this point Team Real is Team Real But Possibly Incomplete
Honestly, I feel like Team Real But Possibly Incomplete would be the absolute dream come true best case scenario. Then people who have their current most wanteds are happy, and potentially other people who get their most wanteds in if it's not complete are happy too. I hope that's the case to be honest even if it is unlikely.

I'm still on Team Schrodinger though.

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
You know...this brings up an interesting thought: we've sort of been assuming the mural has been having characters added to it this whole time, and that they're doing that over a completed blank background, which would make a ton of sense if you had planned to add each character from the beginning. Of course you'd do that, as layers and so forth would help a ridiculous amount.

But...what if it's actually reversed? What if the entire mural was completed first, and characters were taken out of it so they could be kept secret?

Think about it: these aren't renders, they're drawn art. And many of them, quite a FEW of them, interact with each other. A notable example is Chrom, a character not revealed until later, is looking down at Robin, who was already there. This implies that the entire mural was planned and drawn all at once, to be a cohesive whole. That would be the easiest way to make sure the style and forms meshed together correctly, and also that the background would be the right size for everyone to fit correctly when it was done. I daresay it's the only way you could do that, but I won't say that's definite.

Either way, this could explain why the background is inconsistent--they drew the mural directly onto it, and after cutting characters out, they had to edit it to fill the spaces.

This is a bit reachy, I know. And I'm also aware that many pieces of art are also used for the cover art, which would suggest they were drawn separately. But it's possible those were cut out specifically for the boxart. I just find it odd to consider the mural characters were drawn completely separate, especially when you've got things like Wario and Dedede reacting to PT, and Dr. Mario checking G&W's vitals.

Usually I stay away from background discussion...but I thought I'd throw this in to see what you all think. It's got holes, and I'm sure it'll be blasted apart. But I haven't seen anyone suggest this yet, so why not, for the sake of discussion?:p
HUUUUUH

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Watch the video.
I skimmed what i could before I leave for work. He's doing what I thought. What he doesn't mention that there are visible objects on all of the banners (Castle behind Zelda/Cloud behind bayonetta) that were also visibly changed in the background. If this person was as meticulous and careful with everything else, why and how could he miss or purposefully alter objects that have been also plainly visible?

Edit: To quote some thing that's a good argument on this.

You know...this brings up an interesting thought: we've sort of been assuming the mural has been having characters added to it this whole time, and that they're doing that over a completed blank background, which would make a ton of sense if you had planned to add each character from the beginning. Of course you'd do that, as layers and so forth would help a ridiculous amount.

But...what if it's actually reversed? What if the entire mural was completed first, and characters were taken out of it so they could be kept secret?

Think about it: these aren't renders, they're drawn art. And many of them, quite a FEW of them, interact with each other. A notable example is Chrom, a character not revealed until later, is looking down at Robin, who was already there. This implies that the entire mural was planned and drawn all at once, to be a cohesive whole. That would be the easiest way to make sure the style and forms meshed together correctly, and also that the background would be the right size for everyone to fit correctly when it was done. I daresay it's the only way you could do that, but I won't say that's definite.

Either way, this could explain why the background is inconsistent--they drew the mural directly onto it, and after cutting characters out, they had to edit it to fill the spaces.

This is a bit reachy, I know. And I'm also aware that many pieces of art are also used for the cover art, which would suggest they were drawn separately. But it's possible those were cut out specifically for the boxart. I just find it odd to consider the mural characters were drawn completely separate, especially when you've got things like Wario and Dedede reacting to PT, and Dr. Mario checking G&W's vitals.

Usually I stay away from background discussion...but I thought I'd throw this in to see what you all think. It's got holes, and I'm sure it'll be blasted apart. But I haven't seen anyone suggest this yet, so why not, for the sake of discussion?:p

Last edited:

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Again, it's like you guys are actively avoiding watching the video and making assumptions based on what you want to be real. It's not about it being blurry, it's actually missing details that should be present, every version of the banner up until now has had these details, except for the 'leak'. These changes aren't for the better, and it just makes it seem as though whoever put the leak together was making educated guesses and filling in spots that they couldn't see. Please just watch the video people, and actually listen to the points being brought up.

osby

Smash Obsessed

But since we are observing the leak, doesn't that mean the system has collapsed into one configuration? It's not exactly a superposition. :p

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
That background comparison is the evidence that really pushes me toward believing it's fake. I can only really draw the conclusion that it would have to be more or less an entirely different background image, but even then... there's a lot of other stuff going on with the leak that makes me think that it would be premature to call it there. It's a strong reminder to keep expectations tempered, but I'm still willing to ride this one out.

I do think it's a really silly point to make, but with how meticulously planned out everything else was, it seems improbable that the purported faker would have missed the blank battlefield that was already shown off. But this whole thing has been silly. Far be it from me to claim that is somehow a point in its favor, but it's just something that sticks in my mind about it all.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Again, it's like you guys are actively avoiding watching the video and making assumptions based on what you want to be real. It's not about it being blurry, it's actually missing details that should be present, every version of the banner up until now has had these details, except for the 'leak'. These changes aren't for the better, and it just makes it seem as though whoever put the leak together was making educated guesses and filling in spots that they couldn't see. Please just watch the video people, and actually listen to the points being brought up.
Most of us have probably watched the video, literally that's what we've been going back and forth over for the last couple hundred pages.

Untouch

Smash Master
The problem is, if we're supposed to be ignoring the background having clear issues, but focusing on the workplace the guy (who we're assuming is the real guy) now works at which we're assuming is working on this (based on nothing really), it seems even shakier.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I believe this leak even though it doesn’t have my most wanted, Magnus. Like I said before, I’m more than happy with the roster since all of the characters are back! So Whether or not it’s real doesn’t really matter, I’m not gonna scream and cry

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
But since we are observing the leak, doesn't that mean the system collapsed into one configuration? It's not exactly a superposition. :p
That would make sense, but not and I'll explain why.

I WAS MAKING A JOKE, STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY FUN

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
At least Ken's in either way
That's my stance on all this, honestly. A lot of people are claiming Ken isn't a hype character, I'm actually really excited for the character. He's up there with the likes of King K. Rool for me.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
On the subject of Mach Rider... There's this.
Warning: Slightly NSFW.
https://imgtc.com/i/Bg7Cys6.jpg

No one knows where this is from, but there's an official Nintendo trademark down below if you look carefully, so it's pretty much official. I think this confirms Mach Rider is indeed female?

Regardless, do you want him to be male or female in this game?
I don't care for either race or gender, since that's never been set in stone.

But if more clues are starting to show that Mach's a she, then awesome!
I want her to be brash and fierce. But likeable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom