• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Against the leak we got

• The Vaanroose analysis
  • Both companies are in question; one says they didn't work on this, the other doesn't work on the same stuff the supposed leaker does
  • Snake's shadow(?)
What else?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nah man we can't just use the "this is different" card

Even that leak with Mallow can only be proved next Direct because it got the Pac-Man update right
Is it fake? Yeah
But we can't prove that
it’s the big leak I’m talking about

Your just excluding it because you pinned on team fake

I’m 50/50 on this leaning toward real

It’s comparing the leaked image with the what happened after the reveal

Untouch

Smash Master
Against the leak we got

• The Vaanroose analysis
  • Both companies are in question; one says they didn't work on this, the other doesn't work on the same stuff the supposed leaker does
  • Snake's shadow(?)
What else?
I don't think it's directly an argument against it but the supposed leaker said he didn't leak it (he could be lying).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
it’s the big leak I’m talking about

Your just excluding it because you pinned on team fake

I’m 50/50 on this leaning toward real

It’s comparing the leaked image with the what happened after the reveal
I know what you're discussing

My point is that what you're claiming, "well there's no way to prove it or disprove it until the next reveal" can be said for countless leaks

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Guys can't we get back to talking about Smash??? Anyway that guy was a douche let's keep talking about it"

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just want my birth month to save us all, please! November, come sooner!

But Halloween's in less than 6 days though. Huh (expecting nothing though).

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
For ****'s sake keep politics out of this goddamn thread. I'm here for ****posts and leaks not circlejerking for a political party
Believe me, you learn after time it never ends.. Once someone uses the things you love as a soap box for any ideology, political or otherwise, then buckle up you're in for Mr Toads Wild Ride.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here's a clearer image of that green item they found:

https://twitter.com/AlphaOblivion7/status/1055576381416005633

It's clearly the sprout from Wall-E It might be from Golden Sun from a reply in that thread; my guess was the brainwash-sprout from Super Paper Mario when replying to PushDustin, but I was just being silly as I don't really know what it'd do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
How about we just throw this leak aside and expect just Ken and Incineroar, that way if it isn't legit, we won't feel too upset...:secretkpop:
I'm still 50/50 on the leak though...

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
This really is "be careful what you wish for" lmao. We wanted an ESRB level leak. And we got one. Boy oh boy we did.

My only gripe is that I wish this leak was much more decisive/undeniable. ESRB seems like nearly everyone but the most ardent people in denial agreed it was true, but this one it seems has split the community 50/50 with very good arguments for both sides.

Sure "we'll find out soon enough" and like I said...I'm grateful we have something interesting to discuss for once, but still...

Given the backstory and nature of this leak, however, I totally understand why it is NOT more ironclad.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bQWQVUPnl4

Honestly the changes in the background are the biggest points to the whole thing being fake. Omni makes some great points here and clearly shows the discrepancies. To me this kills it, the only reason these changes exist is because someone had to guess and make the background. Whoever made this leak put in some crazy effort. It's definitely one of the craziest leaks ever, but to me its dead.
Against the leak we got

• The Vaanroose analysis
  • Snake's shadow(?)
What else?
Is the above Omni video the same as Vaanroose's.

Omni's video 100% killed it for me, instead I'm taking a semi-Palutena fake stance. Where some insiders are saying some of the characters are in, but this leak is definitely fake.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How about we just throw this leak aside and expect just Ken and Incineroar, that way if it isn't legit, we won't feel too upset...
That's actually what i'm doing. Expect the Box Theory and accept anything additional that comes with it lol (well not anything but you know).

Of course the way my mind works is that i'm going to tell myself not to get my hopes up only for my brain to get them up when the Direct starts lol.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Are you really surprised after his transgender comment?
I'm not even gonna ****ing bother with the people on this site anymore, so you're welcome. I'm gone.

I wasn't even trying to make this a thing. All I said was, SJWs apparently scared Etika off the internet because he said "racist no-no words".

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
If Nintendo wanted to show off an exciting image to hype people up for the game at an event, why show off the completely empty mural with only the battlefield background? It's not a complete stretch but it seems like an odd choice if the leaker was creating fake marketing images.

Of course, Nintendo have already chosen to show that off at E3, so the leaker may have known because of that. But if the leaker did know that the completed mural background was shown off at E3 and that was why they chose to include it in their fake, they would have used that mural background as a reference for recreating it and thus not had the inconsistencies vaanrose pointed out.

Edit: In other words, if this was fake the leaker would have had to coincidentally had the idea to use the blank mural background as a marketing material without having known that Nintendo had already done that before.
I mean, it technically makes sense. Look at the "wristband" thing in the original leak picture. The background without the characters is designed to be able to be seamlessly looped in case you need to. In this case, in the wristband the whole background appears twice side by side. On the right, we have the whole roster, and then there's the space on the left for the "Nintendo Switch" logo and the Smash Ultimate title. If it was real, it makes sense that Nintendo sent them the empty background so that they could compose the designs to be printed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on team fake, but I just wanted to let you know that this doesn't (dis)prove anything.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I am not even sure what the heck is going on other than I come back to Smashboards turned into friggin Twitter with the politics sheesh.

Apu Arms

Smash Rookie
If the leak is fake, I’ll get over it immediately. It’s happened before, and if need be, it will happened again. But right now, I can only think it’s real.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys. I've been following this thread for the past 400+ pages or so and I made an account just to offer some thoughts on something a few people have been mentioning.

A few people are claiming the leak to be fake because it has 7 new characters and that goes against Sakurai's words of "slowing down" the announcements. They also mention that in September, we only got one character to be revealed: Isabelle.

This is reaching a bit, but what if that wasn't meant to be it? What if we WERE supposed to get one more character reveal out of that direct?

We know that Nintendo delayed the Direct because of the earthquake. Don't know if any of you are very into Japanese media, but they are very, very conscious about offending people over mass tragedies. Metal Gear Solid 2 famously had some scenes of its ending changed because of the 9/11 tragedy.

What I'm trying to say is that we were maybe meant to get Isaac as a reveal on that direct too. Isaac's powers are related to the earth and tremors. Maybe Nintendo thought it would feel very disrespectful and pushed the reveal back, By that logic, if the leak is real then they'd only need to reveal six more characters.

Just offering some thoughts there.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
How about we just throw this leak aside and expect just Ken and Incineroar, that way if it isn't legit, we won't feel too upset...
I'm still 50/50 on the leak though...
I don't know about you, but It's going to be really hard to accept that this might be fake and go back to Kencineroar after seeing a glimpse of what could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom