• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
This leak has really rejuvenated the dead Verge, box, Kencineroar-centric discussion. And for that I'm grateful.

The issue is, it's so explosive, and with so many variables, that I think we're all getting overwhelmed with too much info now as opposed to to little information. The amount of argumentation and debate is also dialed up to 10 now, at most the box discussion probably got to a 6 or 7 then died down, with spurts of necromancing the stale discussion just to die again.

Ironically, this leak is probably going to make the wait for official word even that more difficult than just a plain info drought with a multitude of ****ty leaks.

I really really really REALLY hope this is real but there are a lot of factors for both sides and the team fake arguments have shaken my faith a little. But I'm choosing to continue believing it for now. If the leak is true, I'm extremely hyped and grateful that the leak came out so we could know, since Nintendo has been slowassing this and stringing us along way too long. If it's fake, it'll reallllly suck but based on who does make it, I'll be varying levels of pleased or upset. Obviously only official word can 100% confirm or deconfirm.
Careful what you wish for i guess.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Hey mang I'm stupid can you dumb this down a bit more for me
This is genuine for some reason this point just won't click lol
If Nintendo wanted to show off an exciting image to hype people up for the game at an event, why show off the completely empty mural with only the battlefield background? It's not a complete stretch but it seems like an odd choice if the leaker was creating fake marketing images.

Of course, Nintendo have already chosen to show that off at E3, so the leaker may have known because of that. But if the leaker did know that the completed mural background was shown off at E3 and that was why they chose to include it in their fake, they would have used that mural background as a reference for recreating it and thus not had the inconsistencies vaanrose pointed out.

Edit: In other words, if this was fake the leaker would have had to coincidentally had the idea to use the blank mural background as a marketing material without having known that Nintendo had already done that before.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The internet is not your safe place to be a **** bag just because you can't see the person on the other end of your insults or negativity.

So no you can't jut say whatever you feel like just because it's the internet.

In fact saying nasty and derogatory stuff on the internet just because you feel like you can be wild and say what you please? That actually just makes you a ***** because you probably wouldn't say that **** face to face.

And that's that on that.

Sorry, not sorry. I felt the need to say it. And I feel strongly about making this world a better place without even having this ''SJW" label or whatever.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Whining about people who are whining is still whining and is areguably even more annoying.
Even more so the guy using the stupid buzzword which immediately sets off red flags but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Wait which post?
They made a post saying "Well since the leak is already out there." and a pic that had the Wendy's logo and a prompt that said "Wendy's Roasts the Competition" like a Smash bros U & SSB4 character reveal screen

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Wendy's knows ****, they're just partnering with Nintendo to bring the tailgate tour to different college football games.

Cmon guys use your noggin. Wendy's twitter is the king of roasting and trolling. If Nintendo gave Wendy's PR guy any legit info they're ****ing idiots who might as well leak all confidential company documents on 4chan.

Untouch

Smash Master
Here's something new.
I was gonna say the tailgate footage is just demo stuff but that stage isn't in the demo lol
Is it part of the stage? The arrow over the item is completely off center.

Maybe they changed how the healing field looks in the final build?

Noipoi

Howdy!
No you do not get a free pass to be a douchebag because you're anonymous. You can be funny without being a ****, I do it all the time!

Anyway, Smash Bros! Let's talk about that!

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
The internet is not your safe place to be a **** bag just because you can't see the person on the other end of your insults or negativity.

So no you can't jut say whatever you feel like just because it's the internet.

In fact saying nasty and derogatory stuff on the internet just because you feel like you can be wild and say what you please? That actually just makes you a ***** because you probably wouldn't say that **** face to face.

And that's that on that.

Sorry, not sorry. I felt the need to say it. And I feel strongly about making this world a better place without even having this ''SJW" label or whatever.
Can you like something more than once?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Question.

What counterpoints are there-that aren't "WELL THAT'S TOO MANY CHARACTERS" and along those lines-beyond Vaan's?

Someone's gonna compile all the evidence for and against eventually...

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Imagine unironically calling people "cucks" and "SJWs"

I imagine its alot like unironically calling people "Racists" or "Russian Bots". But this is Smashboards not a comment section on some news article so idk where it came in to begin with.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is different some from it on is way off from the spot or someone not on it will prove it fake

If from the leak and in the right spot or close it’s real
Nah man we can't just use the "this is different" card

Even that leak with Mallow can only be proved next Direct because it got the Pac-Man update right
Is it fake? Yeah
But we can't prove that

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
People I'm just curious what you all are leaning towards at this very moment: Real, Fake or 50/50.

Vote here
I'll say 50/50, only because there's no "AUGH! I followed Kingdom Heart's story and I was less lost than this!" option

Untouch

Smash Master
Question.

What counterpoints are there-that aren't "WELL THAT'S TOO MANY CHARACTERS" and along those lines-beyond Vaan's?

The company said that they never worked on Smash.
The second company based on their site doesn't work on the same type of display that was being made on the leak, and doesn't seem to have any connection to Illumination or Nintendo either.

D

Deleted member

Just report and block the transphobe and move on, guys
Question.

People still haven't show me where the **** Snake's shadow went

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Question.

Someone proved that moving the Characters and drawing the missing part of them isn't that difficult and did half of it in less than a day in a gif

Source is Resetera but I'm on mobile and only have the picture.
Along side Shadows Disapearing.
Then there the empty Battlefields shady changes...
Also, now that I see the "clear" artwork next to the weird newcomers...They seems very off...Kinda...

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
For ****'s sake keep politics out of this goddamn thread. I'm here for ****posts and leaks not circlejerking for a political party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom