• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
SJWs can eat an enormous ****.
Literally what

Where do we fit in Spirits, Games & More, Online, and Vault into this then?
Into the same Direct. You're over-estimating Spirits. Could take 10 minutes at most, online could take 5, vault/games & more could both take 5.
I'm not saying it's likely but it's not as out of the realm of possibility as people make it out to be

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I still think that the only thing that will make or break this leak is the next direct.

Assuming Ken is revealed, if his mural art's pose doesn't match up with the leak's, we can welcome back Box Theory.
Good it’s not just me

It probably won’t be determined to the next character reveal

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain to me why Nintendo would go out of their way to make an alternate background, like people have been suggesting?

Like, if it leaked, what's the point of including something to make people not believe it? When you eventually reveal the characters anyway, people are just going to go, "Oh, so I guess the leak was real anyway."

Come on, somebody duke it out with me on this. It makes no sense why there would be an alternate version of battlefield for this leak. And don't use the "the background has already changed several times!" argument, because that's been dead in the water and people have already proved that the official background has stayed the same.

SO COME ON. LET'S TALK ABOUT THE BACKGROUND ALREADY, BECAUSE IT'S THE BIGGEST THING THAT SHUTS DOWN THIS LEAK AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.
Changed for better composition of the piece once all the fighters were included. When there was more space they could have the little castle in the back and the crystal formations at certain areas to make it look nice all together, but after you throw in ~13 fighters after that things have to be cut or moved for the piece to look nice and colors and details to be where they want them to be, it’s just a matter of 2D design philosophy. And they wouldn’t change the background for the other 2-3 times they did it before because the first one is temporary use for the first few reveals, where as the last one is the final version to look as pretty and nice as they can possibly can.

Potato_

Smash Lord
What do you think about the fact that Wendy's, while collaborating with Nintendo in order to showcase Ultimate at the Wendy's Tailgate Tour, has alluded to the leak in one of their Twitter posts from yesterday?
Wendy's wants people to eat at their restaurant, so they reference pop culture. That's literally it.

Judging from some of the reactions I saw yesterday it works pretty damn well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If some random ****** at ResetEra can pull this in 24 Hours and clean up half of the pictures while having medium drawing skill, what tell you that someone with twice the time of a months couldn't do much better, only to hide the bad artwork of newcomers in a tiny picture?
Who's saying he had months?

If it's fake, he had to have started after the trademark renewals, giving him only a handful of weeks to not only prepare all the content, but also plot out his mastermind scheme.

Also, consider that the Dorf post and the Snapchat post are both roughly a month old already. Meaning he really didn't have very long to do everything.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

MainJPW

M.T.A
Who would be with who, though? And when would they happen? It just seems like too much too soon, especially with comments from Sakurai about slowing down and (potentially) having less trailers.
The reveals already slowed down, though. Isabelle (a single character mind you) was revealed over a month ago.

Users have suggested Geno could go with Isaac and really, Smash Bros. Itself is a big gaming cross over so it’s not out of the realm of possibility for other characters to be grouped up in these trailers.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Literally what
Etika's last video is him getting mad about the fact that he can't use the word "n***a" because people will call him racist and ****.

I hate people who think the internet should be some sort of fancy dinner party where everyone should be on their best behavior. I love the internet because people are allowed to say outrageous things and it's fine, because it's the internet. And then you have ****os like SJWs come in and ruin nice things.

EDIT: I don't think you should threaten people and **** though, like that cuck at Resetera, that's not what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
yo....wait a sec....

dude, what if its fake?
A fake smash leak? What?
No way dude...You need to stop smoking. It's real. And Goku is in smash btw

I wish It was, I want Isaac...Now that Ray is dead, he's the only first party I really want lmao

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Literally what

Into the same Direct. You're over-estimating Spirits. Could take 10 minutes at most, online could take 5, vault/games & more could both take 5.
I'm not saying it's likely but it's not as out of the realm of possibility as people make it out to be
I'm not sure if I'm overestimating Spirits. Spirits has nothing on it right now, for all we know it's a legit Adventure Mode. Also, Games & More and Vault all have a lot of things in them if nothing's been taken out, I don't think you'd gloss over them that quickly. Online could potentially have a lot as well, especially with NSO. I'm not saying this disproves anything, but I will also say there is a chance we're all overestimating how much is left in the character department. Smash isn't just about characters, there's a lot more to it.

To each their own, though: I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just sharing an opinion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Etika's last video is him getting mad about the fact that he can't use the word "n***a" because people will call him racist and ****.

I hate people who think the internet should be some sort of fancy dinner party where everyone should be on their best behavior. I love the internet because people are allowed to say outrageous things and it's fine, because it's the internet. And then you have ****os like SJWs come in and ruin nice things.
We ain't doing this man just go back to your "OUT THE LEAKER" rambling please for our sake

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
One interesting point I did hear someone make that I think at least merits discussion is:

If this is fake and the leaker had no idea that the completed empty battlefield was shown off already, why is it here?

An empty battlefield seems like a strange image to use for displays unless they already knew that it had been used before. If they did know that, they would not have had these inconsistencies.

It's not a silver bullet point by any means, but it's definitely another oddity on the pile of things that seem off if you assume this was fake.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What do you think about the fact that Wendy's, while collaborating with Nintendo in order to showcase Ultimate at the Wendy's Tailgate Tour, has alluded to the leak in one of their Twitter posts from yesterday?
really? Link please
EDIT: Never mind I found it...

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Who's saying he had months?

If it's fake, he had to have started after the trademark renewals, giving him only a handful of weeks to not only prepare all the content, but also plot out his mastermind scheme.

Also, consider that the Dorf post and the Snapchat post are both roughly a month old already. Meaning he really didn't have very long to do everything.
Even less. He had within the time period of the Dorf leak and before Corocoro going back to 103, basically.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Man...everyone is just going in circles with this “leak”

I’m gonna take a break and see what happens when the next direct get announced. Y’all be good and remember, it’s just a video game!

KMDP

Smash Legend
SJWs can eat an enormous ****.
What do SJWs have to do with Etika?

Mind explaining it to me?
Because there is no other counter. Those changes have occurred, there's no arguing it. It's just that to #teamreal the burden of doubt that the mural background was partially redrawn for the final version (potentially to reflect final-stage polish changes to battlefield), or that multiple versions of it exist is still less than the burden of doubt placed by the circumstances which would have transpired for this to be fake.

Your comparisons are hands down the most convincing counterpoint to the leak (to be honest I'd go so far as to say they're the only convincing counterpoint so far), so it's not that I support just handwaving them off lightly. But, the truth is I don't think it's possible not to handwave them off though as there is no explaining them away beyond the belief that yeah, things do change.
This is true.

I think Team Real has done pretty much everything they can to prove their side.
vaanrose vaanrose has provided the best counterpoint to prove it fake so far, and even that can be explained away (whether one considers that explanation dubious is up to opinion at this point).

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Ethier they have no NDA agreement or it is fake...

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
i'm more 50/50 on this than i was before, but i still feel like occam's razor is too compelling for me here. I can't just accept this as lmao 400d tiddlywinks until a simple solution on how it's faked is shown.

And if it's faked, can we keep the chorus kids?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
One interesting point I did hear someone make that I think at least merits discussion is:

If this is fake and the leaker had no idea that the completed empty battlefield was shown off already, why is it here?

An empty battlefield seems like a strange image to use for displays unless they already knew that it had been used before. If they did know that, they would not have had these inconsistencies.

It's not a silver bullet point by any means, but it's definitely another oddity on the pile of things that seem off if you assume this was fake.
Hey mang I'm stupid can you dumb this down a bit more for me
This is genuine for some reason this point just won't click lol

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
This leak has really rejuvenated the dead Verge, box, Kencineroar-centric discussion. And for that I'm grateful.

The issue is, it's so explosive, and with so many variables, that I think we're all getting overwhelmed with too much info now as opposed to to little information. The amount of argumentation and debate is also dialed up to 10 now, at most the box discussion probably got to a 6 or 7 then died down, with spurts of necromancing the stale discussion just to die again.

Ironically, this leak is probably going to make the wait for official word even that more difficult than just a plain info drought with a multitude of ****ty leaks.

I really really really REALLY hope this is real but there are a lot of factors for both sides and the team fake arguments have shaken my faith a little. But I'm choosing to continue believing it for now. If the leak is true, I'm extremely hyped and grateful that the leak came out so we could know, since Nintendo has been slowassing this and stringing us along way too long. If it's fake, it'll reallllly suck but based on who does make it, I'll be varying levels of pleased or upset. Obviously only official word can 100% confirm or deconfirm.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Sakurai's face when he sees how toxic the Smash community is capable of being:
1540505668455.jpg

And to think some people didn't want Steve in Smash because they thought the Mine Craft community was bad...

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

Grow plant from Golden Sun

(yeah I'm just straw grasping here so no one needs to take it seriously lol)
This is unironically what I did, I went and tried to find any item I could that'd connect this mystery item to Banjo or Isaac or even Geno. Was obviously unsuccessful so...we're back to a stalemate. Yay.
And yeah, this was sure to come out empty handed, I know. Be funny though if it did connect the dots.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

EDIT: I don't think you should threaten people and **** though, like that cuck at Resetera, that's not what I'm saying.
Whining about people who are whining is still whining and is areguably even more annoying.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Missed a lot of this thread. And from what i'm hearing people are going nuts over Team Grinch VS Team Vergie lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Show the empty battlefield, because they didn't know that it was already out there to look more "real" since everyone seems to go "No way it could have been done" when it has been proved twice that anyone with photoshop and freetime can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom