• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
And ResetEra found that Interview with the President of Nintendo France, they are managing the communication and marketing of their game themselves.

https://www.lsa-conso.fr/philippe-l...argir-notre-cible-de-joueurs-interview,219420

I'm a Frenchman, so I can tell you that from the look of that interview, Namco wouldn't be the one managing Anything.

So if we find anything, it must be related to Nintendo
TInfoil hat time, what if the guy who leaked it wasn't Eric, but someone who knew him and how he was connected to Illumination.
They impersonated him and left Grinch material to throw off any leads.

:eek:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can see the Chorus Kids being a mix of the Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, and Mr Game & Watch...
They'd be like Ice Climbers because they'd technically be more than one entity, only this time being 3 instead of 2.The conductor would be walking in the background like Pokemon trainer, and I say Mr. Game & Watch, because like how he uses items from different Game & Watch games in his moveset, I can see the Chorus Kids use items and Characters from the different Rhythm games throughout the series.
RIP Switch in 8 player Smash with Chorus Kids, then.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Mach Rider: Captain Falcon semi-clone with guns and Wario's Side-B

Chorus Kids: Conductor is in the background where the Pokemon Trainer would normally stand.
Each of the specials will make the first two chorus kids attack, and in order for the third attack to come out, you have to time another B press properly.
Oh, damn! You know about timed hits!?

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So humor me people and put on your thinking caps.

If we get Mach Rider and Chorus Kids as playable characters, how would they be incorporated? What sort of game play would they have? Ken and the others are easy but what about these two?
I'm sure others have said this but I want Chorus Kids to be our first rhythm based fighter. Meaning they can attack normal but their attacks do twice as much damage or knock back when done in rhythm to a set beat or something.

Now I know nothing about developing fighting games, I imagine this would be hard to accomplish with a fighting game as chaotic as Smash. I'm sure it could be done I just don't know how lol.

snowsyyy

Smash Rookie
TInfoil hat time, what if the guy who leaked it wasn't Eric, but someone who knew him and how he was connected to Illumination.
They impersonated him and left Grinch material to throw off any leads.

:eek:
Darn man, so many shenanigans for one video game.

link2702

Smash Champion

If we get Mach Rider and Chorus Kids as playable characters, how would they be incorporated? What sort of game play would they have? Ken and the others are easy but what about these two?
I’ve been thinking about this for a bit for mach rider, I’ve only been able to come up with her having a mix between falcon and zss, with wario’s side special.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
good morning, im confused, what happened yall?
Everything and nothing at the same time.

One company that this guy worked for are saying they have no involvement in this but people are now pointing fingers towards ACP-PLV. The leak was dying and now it's rising from the grave once again.

D

Deleted member

Oh, damn! You know about timed hits!?
That’s the thing that gets me. If the Kids have timed button presses, then they share the same gimmick with Geno.

One of them is a red herring and is a placeholder for the Grinch.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
And ResetEra found that Interview with the President of Nintendo France, they are managing the communication and marketing of their game themselves.

https://www.lsa-conso.fr/philippe-l...argir-notre-cible-de-joueurs-interview,219420

I'm a Frenchman, so I can tell you that from the look of that interview, Namco wouldn't be the one managing Anything.

So if we find anything, it must be related to Nintendo
Yeah, but it depends at what level. I really doubt that Nintendo got some print service for advertising and such. External companies are needed.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Mach Rider is a Captain Falcon clone with Wario's Side B.

Chorus Kids are... uh...*shrug*
Honestly the Chorus Kids are part of why I think/hope the leak isn't real. Getting them who don't seem to have anything going for them over characters like Dixie and Skull Kid (the latter of which having quite a bit of evidence for his inclusion) baffles me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As I mentioned before, there's a lot of tiny, meaningful details if this winds up being fake:

-the Chorus Kids including the conductor, just like in SSB4 trophy
-Banjo's fur being similar to DK's
-Geno being depicted as sort of small despite in game being the same height as Mario
-Isaac using Growth despite not being a signature move

For a number of these I feel like someone would not only have to have knowledge of these particulars but enough artistic talent to accurately depict them.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The last smash direct would make it or break it for information about a lot of the leaks if we get down to the nit and gritty. It’s the only way to answer the question.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
At this point the leak is at a stalemate. Can't really know what ACP-PLV is currently working on due to probable NDAs. Back to either being #TeamReal or #TeamFake. I'm going all in on #TeamReal

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Leaks dead, I was on board but anything else is just wishful thinking.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Neither company ever had any ties to Nintendo specifically iirc, and I agree that it never made sense that it was Namco which would handle the promotional side of things. It does not rule out that it's possible that the company could still do at least some of the promotional material for Smash though, it certainly makes it unlikelier, but there's always the chance that Namco recommended them or Nintendo themselves just found and hired them. Again, it's a point where you have to weigh up how big of a hit you think it is to the leak, but we're still looking for a hard deconfirmation.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
The only thing that makes me question the leak is that Isaac, Geno and Banjo in the same Smash is almost to good to be true hahaha

Still sad for the lack of female representation if this turn out to be true though

Flon

Smash Cadet
The workers' leave at this business and them confirming that fact is not enough for me to believe this could be fake. Not yet, anyway.

It ties into the other point of sale printing business. It's quite consistent.

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Short an actual statement from them (and I would advice against actively prying a private place of business too much), research on ACP seems like a bit of a red herring. Companies have no onus to contain any sort of in-depth list of all of their partners/customers/clients, and there's no saying how many degrees of separation exist between one company and another for relatively menial tasks like printing. International giants like Nintendo will do things under all sorts of subsidiaries, and the complete details most likely only exist in some circa 2000 Excel file hosted in Japan.

The fact is that, like the rest of this leak, all we have is a vague but tenable idea - in this case that the leaker almost certainly has reasonable means to have their hands on video game media for printing, and that the documents in the leak appear to be just that. Finding some link to Nintendo will do little to change the basic claim of the last ~150 pages that those documents could still be faked or doctored.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Is this a Duck Hunt Duo render repeat?
The ESRB deja vu here is incredible...
Much like the fake Duck Hunt Dog render that was made after the ESRB leak surfaced. It's been said before but we're treading the same water so many times with this leak.
So its only a matter of time before we get Prima Guide leaks just like how the ESRB leak got footage, right?

Untouch

Smash Master
As I mentioned before, there's a lot of tiny, meaningful details if this winds up being fake:

-the Chorus Kids including the conductor, just like in SSB4 trophy
-Banjo's fur being similar to DK's
-Geno being depicted as sort of small despite in game being the same height as Mario
-Isaac using Growth despite not being a signature move

For a number of these I feel like someone would not only have to have knowledge of these particulars but enough artistic talent to accurately depict them.
I don't think having the talent to do this stuff is farfetched if this guy works as a graphics designer for his career.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honestly the Chorus Kids are part of why I think/hope the leak isn't real. Getting them who don't seem to have anything going for them over characters like Dixie and Skull Kid (the latter of which having quite a bit of evidence for his inclusion) baffles me.
Think of it this way. With all the big names in the base roster (Geno, Banjo, Isaac, K.Rool, Ridley), there's that much more of a chance for Skull Kid, Dee, Dixie, etc. to be DLC than ever before.

The leak is a real good roster for like 80% of people, even if it doesn't suit people like us perfectly. Adding Chorus Kids just seems like Sakurai implementing an idea he clearly thought about before but didn't include for some reason.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

One idea I’ve been thinking of is that the conductor is the character you actually play as, with the three chorus members stacked up behind him like a horizontal stack of paper. For the majority of his attacks, the chorus members rush out ahead of him to do the attacks and, based on how long you hold the A button, you can vary how many members join in. Having more of the members involved causes his attacks to have huge hitboxes and damage, but the chorus members also become individuallly vulnerable when they attack, so it increases the risk since he becomes pretty lame if all of the chorus members are KO’ed (IDK if they should respawn like Luma or not.)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The only thing that makes me question the leak is that Isaac, Geno and Banjo in the same Smash is almost to good to be true hahaha

Still sad for the lack of female representation if this turn out to be true though
M-maybe it'll be the girl Mach Rider :(

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly seems like damage control given to me. Still on team real since the little details just seem so weird to fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom