• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
As I mentioned before, there's a lot of tiny, meaningful details if this winds up being fake:

-the Chorus Kids including the conductor, just like in SSB4 trophy
-Banjo's fur being similar to DK's
-Geno being depicted as sort of small despite in game being the same height as Mario
-Isaac using Growth despite not being a signature move

For a number of these I feel like someone would not only have to have knowledge of these particulars but enough artistic talent to accurately depict them.
In all fairness the Mii Fighters are microscopic despite being as big as Mario, Luigi, etc too

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't really see a lack of female representation?

-Kazooie
-Dark Samus
-Daisy
-Inkling Girl
-Mach Rider
-Isabelle

Sure Dixie would have been nice but that's not an insignificant number of female newcomers.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'm relieved this leak turns out to be fake, but it's a damn impressive leak!! I'm relieved because it means nothing is spoiled yet and me fav still has a shot now.. however, that final roster would've been nearly perfect and I can't imagine the dissapointment some fans must feel. But personally, I'm happy because now everything still remains a mystery and surprise.
if the leak will turned out fake, it will mean that the true final roster will be much worse than this.
I understand to not like the idea of having the surprise spoiled, but how could someone be effectively relieved if this turned out fake is for me incomprehensibile. I'd say also, it's for me totally wrong: it's based on the fact that the day of the direct there will be the bitterness to already knowing the whole roster. But if it was fake, the day of the direct we all will have a much much bigger bitterness, in finding out the reality is much worse I could hope for when the leak still standed up!

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
So humor me people and put on your thinking caps.

If we get Mach Rider and Chorus Kids as playable characters, how would they be incorporated? What sort of game play would they have? Ken and the others are easy but what about these two?
As for Chrous Kids, I saw this one moveset gif somewhere where it's like you control just one kid, and he morphs into other RH characters as he attacks. It was really cool, I'll try to find it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

-Kazooie
-Dark Samus
-Daisy
-Inkling Girl
-Mach Rider
-Isabelle

Sure Dixie would have been nice but that's not an insignificant number of female newcomers.
Nevermind we got female versions of Pokemon Trainer and Pikachu finally

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So I suggested an idea of how Mach Rider could play.

Basically, he would have 2 movesets in one character. One when he's ON the bike (being a heavyweight). And one being OFF the bike (midweight).
So, a stance changing character. (Bike doesn't even have to be a full moveset, maybe half a moveset where he can incorporate machine guns, afterburners, maybe even wheel saws, etc).

Also... what's been going on?
I see people now saying the leak was FAKE?
Well I say to you, YOU'RE the fake ones around here.

No, but seriously. Did we get trolled hard?

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So trying to catch up, the company we thought this guy worked for says he hasn't been there for years and stated they don't work with Nintendo? Is that the jist of it?

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
IMO Mach Rider would only be a worthy inclusion if she's on her bike most of the time. With her gun and physique, attacking while riding wouldn't be a problem, and of course she could use the bike itself for attacks. Wheelie up smash, spinout down smash...

D

Deleted member

The Nintendo Sentinels will force us to fight for the best future, and run from the bad one.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Come on, new game.
If you were working in a marketing company and Nintendo brought you material for some ads and there's the final roster, what would you do?

Me, firstly, change my underwear. Later take a pic but never share it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
IMO Mach Rider would only be a worthy inclusion if she's on her bike most of the time. With her gun and physique, attacking while riding wouldn't be a problem, and of course she could use the bike itself for attacks. Wheelie up smash, spinout down smash...
Mach Rider is going to get the Kid Icuras treatment.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Neither company ever had any ties to Nintendo specifically iirc, and I agree that it never made sense that it was Namco which would handle the promotional side of things. It does not rule out that it's possible that the company could still do at least some of the promotional material for Smash though, it certainly makes it unlikelier, but there's always the chance that Namco recommended them or Nintendo themselves just found and hired them. Again, it's a point where you have to weigh up how big of a hit you think it is to the leak, but we're still looking for a hard deconfirmation.
Nekoo Nekoo 's link about the Nintendo of France president confirming that they're handling advertisement for the game in France just makes me feel like this is a strong possibility.

It's certainly lines up well at least.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
if the leak will turned out fake, it will mean that the true final roster will be much worse than this.
I understand to not like the idea of having the surprise spoiled, but how could someone be effectively relieved if this turned out fake is for me incomprehensibile. I'd say also, it's for me totally wrong: it's based on the fact that the day of the direct there will be the bitterness to already knowing the whole roster. But if it was fake, the day of the direct we all will have a much much bigger bitterness, in finding out the reality is much worse I could hope for when the leak still standed up!
If the leak is fake and the final roster is in fact worse, that makes it more reason to quickly put down expectation before they get outrageous only to be quickly shot down at the day of the reveal.

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy this is getting pretty crazy. The Occam's Razor argument I and others used has died and there really is no clear answer to what could be happening. I think I'm more or less 50/50 now, leaning slightly towards Real, but I'm unchanged in feeling that if it is a fake, the guy doing it did have to pull some 10th Dimensional Underwater Backgammon to get this far with it. The pieces of this leak all make sense on their own, but as a complete set we have absolutely no idea how they all fit together and that's the bit that's throwing me.

Maybe all leaks are wrong and we're getting Elma, Lycanroc and Bandana Waddle Dee. It's easily the least likely timeline now but it's worth noting that if this leak is wrong, just because it's wrong doesn't mean we should all go crawling back to Vergeben's leaks. Holding a little more skepticism after these events would be nice.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

-Kazooie
-Dark Samus
-Daisy
-Inkling Girl
-Mach Rider
-Isabelle

Yep youre right, but this time around there was so many good female choices to pick like Dixie, Ashley or Elma! Maybe I'm biased hahaha There's always hope for DLC

Untouch

Smash Master
So trying to catch up, the company we thought this guy worked for says he hasn't been there for years and stated they don't work with Nintendo? Is that the jist of it?
Yes, and the new company he works for seemingly has no connection to Illumination or Nintendo either.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
That, and we found a new company the flat out confirm Eric is an employee. The question now is whether this company is tied to Nintendo or Bandai.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly the Chorus Kids are part of why I think/hope the leak isn't real. Getting them who don't seem to have anything going for them over characters like Dixie and Skull Kid (the latter of which having quite a bit of evidence for his inclusion) baffles me.
Incoming rant from die hard Rhythm Heaven fan...

Are you telling me that Rhythm Heaven isn't worthy enough to get a character just because they aren't fan requested?
Sure, this time around, fan requests seem to be the big thing, but it isn't the be all end all. Sakurai probably wants some niche picks as well. Also, Chorus Kids seem to have been planned for Smash 4, but got cut probably due to technical limitations with the 3DS. With Sakurai bringing cut content back like Ditto and Sukapon, it makes sense that Chorus Kids would finally get their due.

As for not being worthy, despite not being as requested as much as other characters, they (along with Rhythm Heaven) have a pretty good history with Nintendo. RH is Nintendo's only real Rhythm Series (except for Elite Beat Agents (R.I.P. :()) and the series is still going to this day. If you ask me, Chorus Kids just make sense...

EDIT: Sorry for Being a bit rough on ya, btw

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think having the talent to do this stuff is farfetched if this guy works as a graphics designer for his career.
That's the thing though, fake or real, this is career suicide. If this is "Eric", his LinkedIn profile shows that he's a trained and probably certified professional. This isn't some jack off who works the copy machine at Kinko's/Staples, this is somebody who actually went to school for this and dragged his employer into it. That's a big deal if true. If fake, it's slander to his company's reputation, if true, he willingly violated a NDA and will probably be blacklisted from the industry. There is no upside for "Eric." He's either a cross-eyed imbecile or a nihilist if he actually did this himself, part of the reason why I think the Snapchat video came from someone else.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If this is not the final roster and it turns out to just be ******** Kencineroar, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.
Yes, the people that are gonna be totally ignored for being part of the problem
It's alright to be disappointed or mad but I think it says a lot about a person if this shakes them at a fundamental level enough to screech online about it for an extended period of time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Damn yall we all got bamboozled by some fool playing 42069D chess in 4018 while we were playing chinese checkers in 1990

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Incoming rant from die hard Rhythm Heaven Fan...

Are you telling me that Rhythm Heaven isn't worthy enough to get a character just because they aren't fan requested?
Sure, this time around, fan requests seem to be the big thing, but it isn't the be all end all. Sakurai probably wants some niche picks as well. Also, Chorus Kids seem have been planned for Smash 4, but got cut probably due to technical limitations with the 3DS. With Sakurai bringing cut content back like Ditto and Sukapon, it makes sense that Chorus Kids would finally get their due.

As for not being worthy, despite not being as requested as much as other characters, they (along with Rhythm Heaven) have a pretty good history with Nintendo. RH is Nintendo's only real Rhythm Series (except for Elite Beat Agents) and the series is still going to this day. If you ask me, Chorus Kids just make sense...
Rhythm Series is a first party franchise.

It is as worth as every franchise already in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom