• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Maybe ToasterBrains can get me a Dr. Pepper.

Pyra Pyra how 'bout it?
Sure. I can get you one.
But I don't drink those anymore.
I've moved on. My life has gone in a different direction.
There is a Dr. Pepper shaped hole in my heart, for sure.

However, I am in a better place now.
Stronger. Faster. Sharper.
Dr. Pepper was weighing me down, not bringing me up.
Dr. Pepper was a crutch.
And most importantly, Dr. Pepper will not stop me from dying. We will all die. The entropy of the known universe will consume us all eventually, and maybe if I'm lucky, I may reincarnate into a Dr. Pepper. That is, if the heat death of the universe doesn't come first.

Anyway, that'll be about $2.00.

D

Deleted member

I thought that was Birdo.

I don't care at this point. Sakurai can reveal Magnemite as the only newcomer left at this point and I'll thank him but I want to be in Team Real just because I want to have fun and this leak can sustain me until the next direct.
You can have more than one trans icon
Yeah I was starting to think "man i hope i didn't just lose to Shish" and then i didn't
This is a Best of 3, we're only getting started!

hey uh does this do a good
did it already get posted
am i a failure
does this mean nothing
i just saw this
it's not mine
please forgive
i just want spring man as dlc at least i'm cold and scared
Best of 5
I might have said that I am neutral on this leak... BUT...

View attachment 171906
Is this the end of it all? Does it kill the leak?
Is this another "hey guys I found Duck Hunt's render" or does it have an actual source?

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I might have said that I am neutral on this leak... BUT...

View attachment 171906
Is this the end of it all? Does it kill the leak?
Oof...
It's dead, Jim
That's a fake render someone made after the fact. Ignoring the extra canines on the one chorus kid, you can very obviously see the photoshopping stretching and awkward ms paint line draws at the legs. Also the red line is supposed to be the conductor's tie, not whatever that is in the left, a hot dog? And honestly, if this was just copy paste official art, it would've been discovered long ago.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So there were always TWO companies involved here with this leak...

ONE company is "ateliers-marina". we know from finding eric bricards linked in account that he was ONCE associated with them.

"ateliers-marina" is now coming out and saying that "eric bricard" hasn't worked there for years (2 years since 2016 at some point) and although they have worked with namco in the past they are not working on smash ultimate:

ericbricarddeniesmarina.jpg

they do publicly list namco as a reference on their website:

ericbricard (3).jpg

bricard was found to work for this company through his name being badly half-edited out on the leak and then people searching that name to find his linkedin profile which lead to "ateliers-marina", the company now denying they are involved in smash ultimate:
ericbricard (1).jpg ericbricard (1).png

However thats just http://www.ateliers-marina.fr/ denying involvement in smash ultimate. Only ONE of the TWO companies involved here. Ateliers-marina was only where we learned this guy has some Namco ties in his past at least.

eric NOW seems to work for a NEW company ACP-PLV:

ericbricardACPPLV.jpg

This is where hes worked for the two years after he left ateliers-marina apparently.

https://www.acp-plv.fr/ is a different company than ateleirs-marina from what i can tell and THIS seems to be where the leak is coming from. this company has not denied involvement with smash ultimate (as far as im aware).

ACP-PLV may also have ties to namco and may be working on smash material, we dont know... if eric bricard DID have ties to namco at his old job (ateliers-marina) its possible he still does at his new job ACP-PLV and that is where the leak is coming from.

So ateliers-marina denying involvement in smash ultimate does NOT kill the leak. That was just eric bricards FORMER employment and the only interesting thing there was that they had ties to namco, something we dont know if ACP-PLV does or not.

Thats my understanding of all this, if im wrong about something here my apologies it was always a bit confusing to me.

I hope that clears up this denial of involvement from ateliers-marina is not a nail in the coffin for this leak at all, it was JUST how we associated "eric bricard" with namco at one point in his career.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Once again, the Grinch is the most fascinating part of this mess. If the new company has no ties to Universal/Illumination, why is he there?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
At this point, I’m on Team “I ****ing give up” becuase there’s way too many moving parts going on with this leak and I don’t think I have the brain power to follow it all the way through. What a ride.

Real or fake, this is the most interesting chapter of the Ultimate speculation cycle by far.

Last edited:

NapoleonDos

Smash Cadet
You can have more than one trans icon

This is a Best of 3, we're only getting started!

Best of 5

Is this another "hey guys I found Duck Hunt's render" or does it have an actual source?
I really don't think Birdo counts as a trans icon, it's more a typo from early games.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
I'm still hung up on the Chorus Kids art in the roster pic. If it's a fake, it sure does look strange; the posing and placement of all the other characters is readable, but the Chorus Kids' conductor (or who/whatever's in the middle) is a difficult-to-read pose. And there's a flash of color in there too. If we could somehow figure out exactly where everything is placed, it may lend credence to the image being real. I'm mainly thinking that because there may be some hidden Rhythm Heaven details in the character group that are incorporated into the moveset. That would be a very Nintendo/Sakurai detail that a faker may not bother with.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

ONE company is "ateliers-marina". we know from finding eric bricards linked in account that he was ONCE associated with them.

"ateliers-marina" is now coming out and saying that "eric bricard" hasn't worked there for years (2 years since 2016 at some point) and although they have worked with namco in the past they are not working on smash ultimate:

View attachment 171888

View attachment 171899

bricard was found to work for this company through his name being badly half-edited out on the leak and then people searching that name to find his linkedin profile which lead to "ateliers-marina", the company now denying they are involved in smash ultimate:
View attachment 171889View attachment 171890

However thats just http://www.ateliers-marina.fr/ denying involvement in smash ultimate. Only ONE of the TWO companies involved here. Ateliers-marina was only where we learned this guy has some Namco ties in his past at least.

View attachment 171896

This is where hes worked for the two years after he left ateliers-marina apparently.

https://www.acp-plv.fr/ is a different company than ateleirs-marina from what i can tell and THIS seems to be where the leak is coming from. this company has not denied involvement with smash ultimate (as far as im aware).

ACP-PLV may also have ties to namco and may be working on smash material, we dont know... if eric bricard DID have ties to namco at his old job (ateliers-marina) its possible he still does at his new job ACP-PLV and that is where the leak is coming from.

So ateliers-marina denying involvement in smash ultimate does NOT kill the leak. That was just eric bricards FORMER employment and the only interesting thing there was that they had ties to namco, something we dont know if ACP-PLV does or not.

Thats my understanding of all this, if im wrong about something here my apologies it was always a bit confusing to me.

I hope that clears up this denial of involvement fro ateliers-marina is not a nail in the coffin for this leak at all, it was JUST how we associated "eric bricard" with namco at one point in his career.
Worth mentioning that we DO know that ACP-PLV has done work for games in the past (AC: Unity piece on their site), but there's nothing on any Nintendo pieces or Bandai. Illumination is also absent, but they have done stuff with Disney characters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Once again, the Grinch is the most fascinating part of this mess. If the new company has no ties to Universal/Illumination, why is he there?
Plot twist, it's all just a marketing stunt set up by Universial to promote the upcoming movie...
Not gonna lie, it definitely worked, if that's the case

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

View attachment 171888

View attachment 171899

View attachment 171889View attachment 171890

View attachment 171896

I hope that clears up this denial of involvement fro ateliers-marina is not a nail in the coffin for this leak at all, it was JUST how we associated "eric bricard" with namco at one point in his career.
You got all of that right, but Pazzo. Pazzo. Apparently verified. No tie to Nintendo or the Grinch movie for the second Company

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Worth mentioning that we DO know that ACP-PLV has done work for games in the past (AC: Unity piece on their site), but there's nothing on any Nintendo pieces or Bandai. Illumination is also absent, but they have done stuff with Disney characters.
I thought it was confirmed they have ties with Bandai?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I 100% think it doesn't exist outside of the context of this leak speculation. Someone made it.

And... uh... served them a hot dog for some reason.
Much like the fake Duck Hunt Dog render that was made after the ESRB leak surfaced. It's been said before but we're treading the same water so many times with this leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom