• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh.. that's a bit of a stretch, unless I'm missing something
It was a joke.
Uh- that's a nice thread, please, go ahead and read it... Leaker might have made a botch With Mii Swordman

Honestly I think the resolution is just really bad which makes it look wrong. I can't say I fully believe this critique yet.

Also for those arguing that it be easy to change all the characters.

Marth now has his sword in the background and not blocking Roy in the leak. issac also has a dijin apparently. Those are two big ass details that I refuse to believe a fake leaker thought of.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Interesting. Someone else also pointed out that DK's vine is cut off.

Hard to say too much against it because the picture is so blurry, but I'm starting to see more and more questionable parts to this leaked pic surface. Wonder if we'll find more.

Its not, I've been saying this many times already, but blurry images tend to do exactly what you expect them to do, mix objects together in an image.

Its why people are freaking out about dark clouds, shadows and now DK's hand. The vine is overlayed on top of Pits wing, but the poor quality causes the image to blur out the vine off of Pit's wing. Too much happening there between the background, DK's hand, Pit's wing and the vine.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I SHOULD be excited for this leak. I SHOULD be jumping off of the walls. I SHOULD be screaming from the rooftops about how this is the perfect roster that pleases what the fans are asking for.

But I'm not.

Maybe it's just my autism acting up, but... Seeing people use this leak to actually ATTACK other people for holding Box/Vergeben/etc beliefs has really soiled my enjoyment and fun.

This could be a time where everyone is happy and we're getting everything we asked for with 79(81) characters, probably 108 stages, and soo much more.

And yet there's always those people that just have to try to **** on other people.

I already know that if this is legit, people are going to use it to attack others, and I'm not even ashamed to flat out say names, though I won't because I don't want an infraction.

I love this leak; I'm disappointed in the fans, I guess.
I know the sentiment. Perhaps its best to just sit this one out and let people get it out of their system.

Legit or not, people are going to love this game. But I know what you mean, bud.

KMDP

Smash Legend
April Fools 2019 is Grinchboards.
Mods and Admins, record this in your calendars!
I SHOULD be excited for this leak. I SHOULD be jumping off of the walls. I SHOULD be screaming from the rooftops about how this is the perfect roster that pleases what the fans are asking for.

But I'm not.

Maybe it's just my autism acting up, but... Seeing people use this leak to actually ATTACK other people for holding Box/Vergeben/etc beliefs has really soiled my enjoyment and fun.

This could be a time where everyone is happy and we're getting everything we asked for with 79(81) characters, probably 108 stages, and soo much more.

And yet there's always those people that just have to try to **** on other people.

I already know that if this is legit, people are going to use it to attack others, and I'm not even ashamed to flat out say names, though I won't because I don't want an infraction.

I love this leak; I'm disappointed in the fans, I guess.
People attacking others using leaks and official releases over characters they do and don't like happens every time; not that I'm saying we should condone it, I'm saying this isn't an isolated occurrence.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
We had the ESRB leak for 10 days before we were able to confirm it. There was a bit of evidence in the Tomodachi Life stage or something, but that was it until Shulk was revealed and we all saw that he had the same render as in the leak.

Something tells me the wait for this one's going to be a little longer, and my will it be a wait.

Untouch

Smash Master
We had the ESRB leak for 10 days before we were able to confirm it. There was a bit of evidence in the Tomodachi Life stage or something, but that was it until Shulk was revealed and we all saw that he had the same render as in the leak.

Something tells me the wait for this one's going to be a little longer, and my will it be a wait.
Unless a full picture comes out (and it won't), it'll be until the direct.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm getting flashbacks to the Sassy Geno leak!
:)
Difference is those were exactly in the same pose
These are not

Anticipating a November 8th Direct, so about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

internal screams of despair

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The Grinch is the key to all of this.
sora open the key to all of this
then the grinch will get his heart back
sora!

There doesn't need to be a single goddamn post after this one.

You win.
p much. like, i'm not going to put any investment into this either way but

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Really, we're at the phase of the Real/Fake cycle where all we have to go on is tiny little nitpicks. And the things we find with our microscopes are either minute mistakes your average human being wouldn't catch unless you had a team of people proofreading your work like we're doing right now, or are consistent inconsistencies that only bolster the leak.

It's Ken and ESRB all over again.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, that thing obscuring Pichu's face?

It's probably just the blur making his cheek's color bleed around it; if I look closely in the original image, Pichu's face seems normal.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Nintendo just uploaded a trailer on their YouTube channel. THERE IS NOTHING NEW but the release date still seems to be December 7th. (P.S. I used caps to emphasize that the trailer showed nothing new so no one will get their hopes up)

https://youtu.be/hkTzHcHTcME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom