• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here

I'm done responding. I'm just going to mention your post every single time I have an argument.

Seriously guys, I really can't see how this can be fake. Well over several million people have probably seen the leak already, and yet nobody, NOBODY can provide actual, discernible proof for why its a fraud. Even "Insiders" who disagree with it forget to realize they themselves may have been fed false information on purpose, which already has been mentioned by many of those insiders themselves, the Irony.....

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Uh- that's a nice thread, please, go ahead and read it... Leaker might have made a botch With Mii Swordman

I have been doing this Smash speculation stuff for too long to care about clouds and shadows at this point

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Funny that this is the most attention I ever gave to the new Grinch movie :yoshi:
I always knew the Grinch would be memed like the Lorax. I didn't expect this would be the way it happened.

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
It feels like anytime anything comes up people want to move on. Fake or not, this is the biggest leak we've had in a long time, there is plenty to talk about here in terms of how the story lines up and the characters chosen. It's a pretty crazy situation to just get bored of so easily

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

The Karate Joe memorial leak was even more complex than that, they even paid attention to technical informations, such as the domain and the internal number of the posts, etc.
And at the end it was fake as well.

Do you think there is only one person behind this? I think not, honestly. It would be very hard for one single person to do all this alone, but a small group of people, maybe using a Discord channel or something, would be able to do a fake like this with no problems.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Serious question: what do you guys think of this?

You are seeing Mii Gunner's arm mixing with the cloud above. Poor qualitiy images tend to meld together as if they are one object, especially black. Your eyes are playing tricks due to that. The cloud looks bent because the poster is not perfectly flat when the Snapchat video was taken and the picture was taken from said video.

Edit: Mii Swordfighter* Sorry.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Uh- that's a nice thread, please, go ahead and read it... Leaker might have made a botch With Mii Swordman

It's certainly compelling, but that same "smear" is present in the version without any characters, too.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Pfffhahahaha.

Very true, very true.

Today has certainly been a rollercoaster.
All i want is for it to be girl mach rider
One can hope.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... just came back from work, did I miss anything... Has that leak with my bois been debunked yet...

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
IDK, ask TheBazry64
The guy in my chat knows for sure the story was legit however he does NOT know if the images in the story are official or fakes.
But the story definetly happened and is not faked and it WAS deleted shortly after and ist WAS posted not to long ago.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
The Karate Joe memorial leak was even more complex than that, they even paid attention to technical informations, such as the domain and the internal number of the posts, etc.
And at the end it was fake as well.

Do you think there is only one person behind this? I think not, honestly. It would be very hard for one single person to do all this alone, but a small group of people, maybe using a Discord channel or something, would be able to do a fake like this with no problems.
You have to ask yourself, though, why?

This wasn't some burner. Either they fabricated enough information and set up some random person as a fall (which has disturbing implications and requires a level of corporate espionage that many firms would only ever dream of having access to) or willingly risked one person's career for a week of fame on the internet at most, expect they don't even have that because nobody is taking credit for this.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
The guy in my chat knows for sure the story was legit however he does NOT know if the images in the story are official or fakes.
But the story definetly happened and is not faked and it WAS deleted shortly after and ist WAS posted not to long ago.
The question was never if the snap was real (it clearly is), it’s if the contents of the snap are real.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It feels like anytime anything comes up people want to move on. Fake or not, this is the biggest leak we've had in a long time, there is plenty to talk about here in terms of how the story lines up and the characters chosen. It's a pretty crazy situation to just get bored of so easily
The people who want to move on are the ones who the discussion doesn't benefit in any way.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You have to ask yourself, though, why?

This wasn't some burner. Either they fabricated enough information and set up some random person as a fall (which has disturbing implications and requires a level of corporate espionage that many firms would only ever dream of having access to) or willingly risked one person's career for a week of fame on the internet at most, expect they don't even have that because nobody is taking credit for this.
We still remember Rayman, a fake leak. And Palutena.
Don't underestimate what people will do for fame.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So people in the source gaming chat are freaking out about Pichu's face in the art, and looking now there is something weird covering part of it.

Literally have no idea what it is or could be, anyone else got a guess?

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Gonna take more than a couple of smudges to convince me after xpnc's post tbh.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Imo the mii sword man had a chunk of cloud moved with him to create the smear thing is the first actual hit to the leak so far imo. Thats not a banjo looks like omni banjo even tho it clearly isnt bull****, thats an actual chink in the armour revealing a possible fake.

As i said, less telling me it could be faked, more actually showing why its faked.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The only thing that really bugs me is that people are saying this leak is "100% true" or "100% fake" when really we have no idea if it's real or not yet. People shouldn't treat their analysis and assumptions as fact. We can't 100% confirm or deny it yet.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

It's getting a like from me dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom