• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
It feels like anytime anything comes up people want to move on. Fake or not, this is the biggest leak we've had in a long time, there is plenty to talk about here in terms of how the story lines up and the characters chosen. It's a pretty crazy situation to just get bored of so easily
Yeah I mean, do you want to go back to talking about unfinished renders of boxes and Vergeben? 'Cause I sure as hell don't.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
The only thing that really bugs me is that people are saying this leak is "100% true" or "100% fake" when really we have no idea if it's real or not yet. People shouldn't treat their analysis and assumptions as fact. We can't 100% confirm or deny it yet.
The crazy thing is the leak seems to be getting stronger...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only thing that really bugs me is that people are saying this leak is "100% true" or "100% fake" when really we have no idea if it's real or not yet. People shouldn't treat their analysis and assumptions as fact. We can't 100% confirm or deny it yet.
Me I'm on 50/50 I can't just blindly believe ****. Or believe **** blindly.
I'm looking at argument at both sides before waiting for things to get proved real or false

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here
This post is the equivalent of Dragonborn’s Dragon Shout. :grin:

This leak is way too layered and complex to be fake. You would have to be knowledgeable in various areas to pull this off and the attention to detail is on point.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So people in the source gaming chat are freaking out about Pichu's face in the art, and looking now there is something weird covering part of it.

Literally have no idea what it is or could be, anyone else got a guess?

Looks like a watermark tbh. Which.....actually might prove that this is more real than ever lmao.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So people in the source gaming chat are freaking out about Pichu's face in the art, and looking now there is something weird covering part of it.

Literally have no idea what it is or could be, anyone else got a guess?
It's blurring from the low quality of the image, basically, the colour of his cheek has spread to the rest of his face. Up-scaling it (as in this image) just makes the problem worse.

Shroob

Sup?
I SHOULD be excited for this leak. I SHOULD be jumping off of the walls. I SHOULD be screaming from the rooftops about how this is the perfect roster that pleases what the fans are asking for.

But I'm not.

Maybe it's just my autism acting up, but... Seeing people use this leak to actually ATTACK other people for holding Box/Vergeben/etc beliefs has really soiled my enjoyment and fun.

This could be a time where everyone is happy and we're getting everything we asked for with 79(81) characters, probably 108 stages, and soo much more.

And yet there's always those people that just have to try to **** on other people.

I already know that if this is legit, people are going to use it to attack others, and I'm not even ashamed to flat out say names, though I won't because I don't want an infraction.

I love this leak; I'm disappointed in the fans, I guess.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here
This is the most beautiful post I've ever seen on this site.
Sorry patiently waiting Kermit, you'll be remembered fondly.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe Pacman and the Grinch knew each other all the way back and have been planning this big prank for almost 30 years.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I SHOULD be excited for this leak. I SHOULD be jumping off of the walls. I SHOULD be screaming from the rooftops about how this is the perfect roster that pleases what the fans are asking for.

But I'm not.

Maybe it's just my autism acting up, but... Seeing people use this leak to actually ATTACK other people for holding Box/Vergeben/etc beliefs has really soiled my enjoyment and fun.

This could be a time where everyone is happy and we're getting everything we asked for with 79(81) characters, probably 108 stages, and soo much more.

And yet there's always those people that just have to try to **** on other people.

I already know that if this is legit, people are going to use it to attack others, and I'm not even ashamed to flat out say names, though I won't because I don't want an infraction.

I love this leak; I'm disappointed in the fans, I guess.
Completely get your disappointment.

I think a lot of it is fear the leak may not be real after all deep within us causing people to act up.

When the leak's confirmed I'll expect a lot more hugging and joy.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Me I'm on 50/50 I can't just blindly believe ****. Or believe **** blindly.
I'm looking at argument at both sides before waiting for things to get proved real or false
Yeah, I'm leaning more towards real, because it's much more convincing than any other leak we've seen thus far, but I'm still gonna wait to see if it's fake

Shroob

Sup?
Completely get your disappointment.

I think a lot of it is fear the leak may not be real after all deep within us causing people to act up.

When the leak's confirmed I'll expect a lot more hugging and joy.
I wish I had your levels of optimism, because I don't have the same faith as you do.

I already have seen at least a dozen people here alone that will use this to relentlessly mock and ridicule others, and that's just, petty.

Potato_

Smash Lord
It's blurring from the low quality of the image, basically, the colour of his cheek has spread to the rest of his face. Up-scaling it (as in this image) just makes the problem worse.
I'll take your word on it.

Also Source Gaming guys noted that Marth's sword is now behind Roy's head in the art. The one we have now has his sword in front of Roy. Just another little difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom