• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
We've all been talking about how Banjo, Isaac, Shadow, etc. are in this leak, and how that's somehow a big thing. But we're missing the biggest reveal in this leak.

Mario

That's right, Mario is most likely going to be in this game. Let that sink in for a moment.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Different Shadow pose than what is being passed off as fan art
I haven't actually seen people belittling box theorists as a resukt of today's "leaks"...?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So the stream ended. Source Gaming and Artsy Omni decided that its a fake but its more towards the character count rather than art image. They still believe that the art is really good.

Overall, counterarguments for the image is not really solid or a really counter to clarify the leak. Most of the arguments where neutral. The validity overall from what I've heard is unknown but little towards fake from the character count.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The more people try to debunk this and everything just keeps going ''Lol, no."

The more I'm reminded of ESRB leak from last time.

That really means nothing, but you know it's at least....something.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
We've all been talking about how Banjo, Isaac, Shadow, etc. are in this leak, and how that's somehow a big thing. But we're missing the biggest reveal in this leak.

Mario

That's right, Mario is most likely going to be in this game. Let that sink in for a moment.
But I wanted to main the Grinch.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't even know how people can tell the Shadow render doesn't match. All I can make out is a black and red blob with spiky hair.
His left leg is missing in the banner they are probably together

We had the ESRB leak for 10 days before we were able to confirm it. There was a bit of evidence in the Tomodachi Life stage or something, but that was it until Shulk was revealed and we all saw that he had the same render as in the leak.

Something tells me the wait for this one's going to be a little longer, and my will it be a wait.
Sadly that’s probably going to be the case

It won’t get busted or confirmed till the next direct

D

Deleted member

Nintendo just uploaded a trailer on their YouTube channel. THERE IS NOTHING NEW but the release date still seems to be December 7th. (P.S. I used caps to emphasize that the trailer showed nothing new so no one will get their hopes up)

https://youtu.be/hkTzHcHTcME
Wait, people thought the game was getting delayed? I think they would have announced that by now if it was.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Different Shadow pose than what is being passed off as fan art
I haven't actually seen people belittling box theorists as a resukt of today's "leaks"...?
Where I post the most it's just all Grinch Memeposting and Edited/Drawn pictures of Waddle Dee

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think we are going to find a 100% match.

Just like Sassy Geno had a model for a base and was photoshopped

I think if it's fake it's edited together composites or photoshop manipulations of base images.

Untouch

Smash Master
So Source Gaming and Artsy Omni decided that its a fake but its more towards the character count rather than art image. They still believe that the art is really good.

Overall, counterarguments for the image is not really solid or a really counter. Most of the arguments where neutral.
If the situation is real, the guy is a photo editor, he clearly knows how to use photoshop.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Ridley
K. Rool
Geno
Isaac
Banjo

We need a new "TOP 5" Characters we need in Smash

Crash
Skull Kid
Agumon
Klonoa
Bandana Dee

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Mario

W H A T D O E S T H A T S I N K W A N T

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607

I think if it's fake it's edited together composites or photoshop manipulations of base images.
Oh? I haven't seen this one. What disproved that Geno image?

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
So the stream ended. Source Gaming and Artsy Omni decided that its a fake but its more towards the character count rather than art image. They still believe that the art is really good.

Overall, counterarguments for the image is not really solid or a really counter to clarify the leak. Most of the arguments where neutral. The validity overall from what I've heard is unknown but little towards fake from the character count.
So basically it's "I just can't see X getting in" dragged out over an entire video.

k.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo just uploaded a trailer on their YouTube channel. THERE IS NOTHING NEW but the release date still seems to be December 7th. (P.S. I used caps to emphasize that the trailer showed nothing new so no one will get their hopes up)

https://youtu.be/hkTzHcHTcME
The trailer itself isn't even new, it's been available to watch on the Switch News Channel for a while(I myself watched it last weekend)

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Watch them just not add characters to the banner anymore after this. It'll just stay the same until release, keeping us guessing

D

Deleted member

I'll admit, the only reason I'm saying this is fake is because of the character count.

I cannot wrap my head around the idea they're gonna announce 5 unique newcomers in one month. I mean, anything's possible, but for me personally, I really, really doubt it.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
The trailer itself isn't even new, it's been available to watch on the Switch News Channel for a while(I myself watched it last weekend)
Hm, I didn’t know that it was around in other places. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'll admit, the only reason I'm saying this is fake is because of the character count.

I cannot wrap my head around the idea they're gonna announce 5 unique newcomers in one month. I mean, anything's possible, but for me personally, I really, really doubt it.
Shocking me too.

"EVERYONE IS HERE! 2.0" is the only way I can wrap my head around it.

D

Deleted member

I can't fathom that either, and the only thing that prevented me from discarding this as soon as it surfaced was the Grinch.

D

Deleted member

Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here
This reminds when i just went ballistic regarding the whole "Smash is not A Port" wall of text i did months ago.

I can sympathize.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh- I was the one talking about the EVERYONE IS HERE 2.0 theory for a while, and also the one posting about it on 4chan.
It was the only way in how I could explain people wanting 5+ characters back in august/Septembers

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Or it's just that some of these characters are characters that just have really basic poses and what not they are known for and thus if real Sakurai simply duplicated them in his own similar way.

D

Deleted member

Finally off work. Can I just say that with all the "leaks" and rumors that we have at the current moment, we all need to step back for a moment.

We might have a video game that has...

Super Mario
Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Ryu from Street Fighter
Bayonetta
Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII
Simon & Richter Belmont from Castlevania
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
and Sora from Kingdom Hearts

all. In. One. Game.

I dare any of you to try and think of why Smash Ultimate isn't the Greatest Game Ever Made.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So do you guys think we could get Dixie and Monster Hunter as DLC, seeing as signs point to them having been cut? I'd ask about Ray too, but...you know.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

So basically just bias towards Sakurai's words.

People really are finding it hard to believe we could have 7 more huh.

Welp, thats not a detractor in my eyes. Thats just personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom