• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 171741

With just a little bit of manipulation I was able to make the head look pretty dang similar
Look man hate to give Sassy Geno flashbacks but this is SUCH a common Shadow pose
Shadow tilting his head slightly down and scowling is more common than you think IIRC

Remember when we thought Dr. Mario was fanart

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...when does the Grinch come out in theaters in France?

'Cause if we see that ornament out in the wild, then...

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So this is my dream reveal trailer scenario:

We get an anime style video showing off the already known characters, and the we get to a scene where Mario is fighting Bowser and then all of a sudden a familiar blast is heard,Bowser gets smashed into the sky, and Geno emerges from the smoke of the blast. The rest of the trailer you can guess how it goes.
It's more likely Geno will team up with Bowser, Mario and Peach.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , it looks like we're in the same boat. We both got the one character we really wanted (Geno, Rhythm Heaven) and the expense of the other character we really wanted (Incineroar). Then again, he could surprise all of us and show up anyway. You never know.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Trailer starts with two motorcycles racing. One motorcycle has two riders and the other has what appears to be a black hedgehog driving. They stop at the end of the race and the black hedgehog is revealed to be Shadow. The driver of the other motorcycle is revealed to be Mach Rider while the passenger was Ken. He was getting a ride to the Chorus Kid's concert that night. During the concert you can see Geno being revealed by coming to life while someone was making him dance with his strings. At this time the puppeteer is revealed to be Isaac. The trailer then ends with the looney tunes themes and Banjo Kazooie saying "That's all folks."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
built a bird cage what'd i miss

nothing is fan art

i don't know why but i felt like i needed to say that

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here
I hope they remember you.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Any new large developments gaining weight before ruining their pants with new girth?

Chrono.

So do you guys think we could get Dixie and Monster Hunter as DLC, seeing as signs point to them having been cut? I'd ask about Ray too, but...you know.
Man I'd sure love for Dixie to get a break.

Girl's been planned and cut twice at this point, if this is true anyway.

Roberk

Smash Champion
So do you guys think we could get Dixie and Monster Hunter as DLC, seeing as signs point to them having been cut? I'd ask about Ray too, but...you know.
Dixie is extremely likely due to popularity and Monster Hunter seems like a base game advertisement character that didn't make it. I knew the MH stage and Rathalos boss without a character was fishy, guess they had no reason to cut that content. We'll have to wait and see if they think that an MH DLC character could ride off of the series' popularity and Smash Fans' insatiable thirst for new characters to put on their CSS and stare at.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
If there's actually 5 to 6 unique characters left, that means there'd be 5 to 6 reveal trailers left....

There's no way in hell that'd all be announced in a single direct.

But if there were a newcomer trailer every week, with echoes starting the week before November + Game Awards Announcement....
I mean, why not? What else is there to show in a Smash dedicated direct besides Spirits?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
The only thing that really bugs me is that people are saying this leak is "100% true" or "100% fake" when really we have no idea if it's real or not yet. People shouldn't treat their analysis and assumptions as fact. We can't 100% confirm or deny it yet.
This is what I wanna say!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I might have to leave SmashBoards the day we find out whether or not this is thing real. I can already tell by the cocky comments made from both sides that we're setting ourselves for a major "I told you so" assult on the losing party.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, uhh...

No matter if this is real or fake, can we not play the I told you so game when its all said and done?
I certainly won't. Noipoi's here to have a good time and make sure everyone else is having a good time, he's got no time for pettiness.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Absolutely howling XPNC's post is the 2nd most liked post I've seen on this site right behind the K. Rool one

Really puts things into perspective
I only have to wait, I'm certain that the leak will be debunked as soon as we'll get some new (official) informations, and that post will look and sound very differently when it will happen.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dixie I think is a possible semi-clone in the vain Lucas/Roy were as DLC for Smash 4. Especially if they wanted to pad out the characters. Monster Hunter I don't see happening really. Too much competition.

And lol Ray. Whatever was the circumstances behind him being "cut", Custom Robo is deader than dead. Which makes me even wonder how he was considered in the first place.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 171741

With just a little bit of manipulation I was able to make the head look pretty dang similar
Thing is, his nose is still in the wrong spot, his legs still seem wrong, and he still had to make it look like a painting instead of a render; he could've just made his own art or used a different render.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I could do that too. Doesn't make or break the leak.
We're REALLY close to "x is a photoshopped y" levels at this point. A new meme may be born any second.
It's better to be skeptical and proven fake than to just accept a lie as truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom