• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
I don't think Shadow is that fanart but let the dude especulate, he's not harming anybody and he sure isn't as irritating as some people here can get with other stuff. Chill.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright guys. I'm gonna go on a little ramble so prepare yourself.

I don't know whether or not this leak is real. If it's a fake, it's a VERY good, well-thought fake. Whether it's the work of one person or multiple, you can't deny that this LOOKS real.

There is nothing here that outright confirms that this is the real deal. Plenty of evidence, but nothing that pushes it into the realm of 100% real.

However, the excuses used to "disprove" these leaks are WEAK as ****. Shadow is a fan art, yet the image doesn't even match the Everyone is Here artwork. Shadows underneath characters are missing, when a lot of the characters were shifted around. Blurred clouds that's always been there. If you're going to TRY to disprove a leak, at least put some effort and though into it.

We don't know if this is the final roster, even if this leak is true. Once again promo art can CHANGE; it's happened multiple times and it can happen again . Don't think just because a minuscule detail is different, you're argument suddenly gains validity. It doesn't. You people should know by now no art is set in stone until we know for SURE what the roster will be. And even that art won't be final because there's still DLC.

This is coming from someone who only gained ONE character that he really wanted (Shadow). It might actually BENEFIT my wanted characters if this leak is fake. Unless one side clearly proves their case: it's not real, it's not fake.

And just remember: You can complain all you want about Shulk looking like a Photoshopped Little Mac, but that could be the game you end up playing, and loving in a few months time.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So, finally got around to listening to Artsy Omni's take--given the other Smashified guy's definitive response (fake), that's what I was suspecting. And I was wrong! He says essentially what I thought, which is this leak could be likely, but also wouldn't be surprising if it were faked. He didn't really address some of my primary concerns in depth, concerning how the background could have been faked (his answer seemed to be it's a low quality picture--but, it seems fairly realistic to me to be low effort fakery). And he didn't speak much to the actual character renders (his forte) given the low quality. But glad he himself shot down the whole "Banjo's a Smashified render" argument, since they could have very well used any official artwork as reference if it were fake. Not anything huge, but what I thought--very possible, but not definitive.

Shroob

Sup?
I might have to leave SmashBoards the day we find out whether or not this is thing real. I can already tell by the cocky comments made from both sides that we're setting ourselves for a major "I told you so" assult on the losing party.
Oh it's gonna be worse than just "I told you so"

I already know a certain user with a Vlad Tepes avatar and a certain Squirtle with a tiny head avatar are going to make this place ****ing insufferable.

I want this leak to be real, but I'm flat out reporting any **** flinging on sight at this point.

Untouch

Smash Master
So, uhh...

No matter if this is real or fake, can we not play the I told you so game when its all said and done?
I'm certain it'll be confirmed or debunked at the end of the next direct, so I'm hoping the hype will block that out.
Unless it's just Kencineroar next, nothing will block out the crying if that happens.

D

Deleted member

If it's real, I'm wrong, and I get more characters to play.
It it's fake, I still get to use Shulk.

Either way, I get to meme the Grinch.

D

Deleted member

Why is there so many guests? Do they come from a link from another website?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I only have to wait, I'm certain that the leak will be debunked as soon as we'll get some new (official) informations, and that post will look and sound very differently when it will happen.
If I may ask, why do you want it to be debunked so badly?

You say you hate liars, but we don't even know if the guy who posted it is actually lying.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh my...Papagenos's video is pretty interesting...And his source ALSO heard about incineroar?

I was wondering, since the leaker banner had design documents...Could it be possible that they got an "incomplete" banner render JUST for the design documents but not the main production itself? Maybe explaining the absence of Incineroar that many insiders think is in and Spawn-Wave's second missing character?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , it looks like we're in the same boat. We both got the one character we really wanted (Geno, Rhythm Heaven) and the expense of the other character we really wanted (Incineroar). Then again, he could surprise all of us and show up anyway. You never know.
I wouldn't even care about Incineroar or any of my most wanted not getting in at this point.
A Rhythm Heaven Rep was legit my most wanted character hands down...

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm stepping out for a few hours

hype responsibly and stop posting every fan render you find saying it looks vaguely similar or else i'll koopa slap u

potato69

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 171741

With just a little bit of manipulation I was able to make the head look pretty dang similar
Shadow looks like Shadow? Who would have thought? Honestly, give it a rest. Shadow, and many other characters, has been rendered in a whole bunch of different poses over the years. With your logic, any Shadow pose can be manipulated into a different Shadow.

D

Deleted member

Yo wait hold up with the leak talk.

*Looks at poll*

Inklings are in the top 3 of the poll now.

Splatling_hug.gif

You all have amazing taste.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Good god trying to keep up with this thread is like running after a bullet train.
Hmm so the possibility of DLCs can be the following...

Dixie Kong
Ray 001/MK
Rayman?
A new Pokemon (Incineroar?)
Springman
Rex and Pyra

Anyone else I missed?
Tails, Black Shadow, Elma, KOS-MOS, more third parties, this could go in so many ways.
If this is true. I am going to be disappointed that Namco got left in the dust while every other company gets something new some even twice. Considering Namco helped make 2 Smash Bros Games. I hope Namco gets like 3 characters for DLC(Lloyd, Heihachi, and KOS-MOS) then if they don't get any new characters on base.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Namco characters got first or early dibs on DLC. It really is odd that Pacman is still alone where we have two Belmonts and two hedgehogs.
GIVE ME KOS-MOS
Let's be real here, there aren't really that many "edgy" poses out there for Shadow to use, so of course it'll probably end up looking similar to an existing one. But this still seems like a stretch.
Heck it’s not like the banner is beyond reusing poses, Samus’ is very similar to her pose on the American Super Metroid box.
The trailer itself isn't even new, it's been available to watch on the Switch News Channel for a while(I myself watched it last weekend)
And for some reason us Canadians can’t access the Smash News Channel at all. What the heck?

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
No. It was that 5 unique characters (including 2 different third parties) seem like way too many to have left at this point in the publicity cycle. The other poster even said "character count", but it seems you conveniently ignored that so you could be snarky.
Honey, I don't need to ignore anything to snark a bad argument.

Saying "I don't think we're getting 5 more characters" in the face of something that potentially suggests otherwise is just a less efficient way of going "nuh uh."

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why is there so many guests? Do they come from a link from another website?
Probably because there's been a major leak (or at least a potential leak) and people want to see if more information has been revealed - that would also explain why there's nearly three hundred people logged in and viewing this topic.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm a bit late but Shadow has like 2 different poses my dudes how the hell would it not look similar to anything we've seen before

Anyway I guess I need to watch a video now to catch up. :mad088:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Oh my...Papagenos's video is pretty interesting...And his source ALSO heard about incineroar?

I was wondering, since the leaker banner had design documents...Could it be possible that they got an "incomplete" banner render JUST for the design documents but not the main production itself? Maybe explaining the absence of Incineroar that many insiders think is in and Spawn-Wave's second missing character?
Makes more sense than "oh shadow is photoshoped fan art". I buy it.

Untouch

Smash Master
If I may ask, why do you want it to be debunked so badly?

You say you hate liars, but we don't even know if the guy who posted it is actually lying.
Personally if it is fake I'd like to be debunked by the community rather than the end of the direct as I don't want the thread to be filled with sulking for the rest of the speculation cycle because the hype ballooned up into uncontrollable levels.
I want it to be real personally but I can already see this happening.

LetterO

Smash Lord
An F to Skull Kid, Steve?, and Incineroar. There were seperate moments in speculation where each of these three were considered super likely. Skull Kid I was super onboard with and would've loved, Incineroar I grew to love and became my top 5, and Steve? was someone I never considered but was onboard for as he was in the spotlight. Now neither of these three will presumably make it into base game. F indeed.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I might have to leave SmashBoards the day we find out whether or not this is thing real. I can already tell by the cocky comments made from both sides that we're setting ourselves for a major "I told you so" assult on the losing party.
The most I’d do if this is confirmed to be real is poke fun at the Smashified people and Gamexplain because they were acting REALLY smug about it but yeah, not looking for the flame war that would eventually happen in this thread. It’ll probably be almost as bad as when Ridley was deconfirmed for 4.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , it looks like we're in the same boat. We both got the one character we really wanted (Geno, Rhythm Heaven) and the expense of the other character we really wanted (Incineroar). Then again, he could surprise all of us and show up anyway. You never know.
Judging from their profile picture, I thought Smashing Ramen wanted the reporter from Rhythm Heaven, not the Chorus Kids. Maybe I'm wrong though :p

Abha

Smash Journeyman
If it's real, I'm wrong, and I get more characters to play.
It it's fake, I still get to use Shulk.

Either way, I get to meme the Grinch.
I can't believe the Grinch just stole Shulk from the roster a day before release

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wouldn't even care about Incineroar or any of my most wanted not getting in at this point.
A Rhythm Heaven Rep was legit my most wanted character hands down...
Geno's sorta rose through the ranks for me too, but I still love my Gen 7 starter. Aw well, I should be happy with what I got.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
yup.

its all in there everything i got, i left nothing out beyond who/where i got the info.
i know i cant ask about your source but your video made it interesting. specifically the microsoft source part. they know banjo is in, but incineroar is still there too ? honestly what if he is in the banner but we just cant see it bc of how blurry it is?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Good god trying to keep up with this thread is like running after a bullet train.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Namco characters got first or early dibs on DLC. It really is odd that Pacman is still alone where we have two Belmonts and two hedgehogs.
GIVE ME KOS-MOS

Heck it’s not like the banner is beyond reusing poses, Samus’ is very similar to her pose on the American Super Metroid box.
And for some reason us Canadians can’t access the Smash News Channel at all. What the heck?
And who's to say the banner artist can't use existing images as references? Lots of artists draw using references.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom