• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Is it possible for me to believe in both this leak and Incineroar? I hope I'm not coming across as entitled, as this roster is amazing. I got Chrom, have a huge appreciation for Geno after SMRPG, and am interested in Isaac’s moveset potential after his fans talked about him, but Incineroar is my #1, so I’m still hoping against hope that he’s still in.

Maybe I’m being delusional, but I don’t wanna give up on him yet. Not until the end.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So today's update is Pacman

I think we're gonna get everyone on the site by the time the game is released at this point

D

Deleted member

One of our very own, papagenos, has come out for the leak.

Spawn Wave's against it.

THIS is the endgame.
And you know what the best part is?

Even if he says he thinks it's fake, he's got the trump card with knowing another character is on the way. Keep in mind, his sources mention the latter and have never said anything about the recent mural stuff.

THE STREAK SOMEHOW POSSIBLY LIVES ON.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if its been discussed (because I missed like 100 pages) but under Mach rider in the leak is what looks to be a similar shape to Majoras mask. if you look under where rosalina is you can see the rest of his bike doing a wheelie. I cant seem to make out a body of Majora's Mask but I dunno. What do you guys think?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i know i cant ask about your source but your video made it interesting. specifically the microsoft source part. they know banjo is in, but incineroar is still there too ? honestly what if he is in the banner but we just cant see it bc of how blurry it is?
They had HEARD the 7 banner characters and apparently incineroar but had no proof.

Now that the banner is out they are on board with the banner leak but confused where incineroar is.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If the leak is real, it's good to see RH content in the game. I thought it was odd that we hadn't at least heard music, seen an AT or an item or shown a stage for the series. I guess all the content will come in with the character announcement.

Chorus Kids x Banjo Kazooie would be a cool reveal trailer cross over.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh boy, I LOVE when people twist history to make themselves look better.

Newsflash, jerkwad, most of the board agreed that leak looked terrible.
Yeah, do you remember the "Being ugly doesn't deconfirm a rumor" argument too?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
yup.

its all in there everything i got, i left nothing out beyond who/where i got the info.
Doing the lords work good buddy.

Soon I am gonna watch your LP of SMRPG. There better be an old man voice in there!

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, and what happened with the Agnes leak?

You people believed that for weeks because any argument used against it was "Shulk is little mac"
The entire thread collectively trashed this leak whatchu talkin bout

But as Toaster said, speculate as you will and to your hearts content. Maybe we'll end up eating crow :)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that i'm thinking about it, maybe Incineroar could be dlc. Sun and Moon came in the middle in Ultimate's development, maybe he decided to add the new Pokemon after he already had the full roster implemented or something.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At the very least, I'm glad this leak is conclusive, meaning that if the next direct comes before I die of old age, we'll know immediately see who is in and if the leak holds any water.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
received_2046904028953362.png

The empty Battlefield was shown off during the Treehouse section for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.
I don't have the file of the empty Battlefield on me, but could someone please compare the two Battlefields to see if they are 1-to-1?

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
They had HEARD the 7 banner characters and apparently incineroar but had no proof.

Now that the banner is out they are on board with the banner leak but confused where incineroar is.
gotcha, i trust you, love your channel, we'll just have to see if it all plays out!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, uhh...

No matter if this is real or fake, can we not play the I told you so game when its all said and done?
I shouldn't be I-told-you-soing myself, because I didn't believe we'd have a gen 7 starter, but I did believe we'd have some sort of gen 7 Pokemon on the roster.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 171749
The empty Battlefield was shown off during the Treehouse section for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.
I don't have the file of the empty Battlefield on me, but could someone please compare the two Battlefields to see if they are 1-to-1?
Oh boy, we're getting somewhere now. See if there's a Grinch in this shot.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Papagenos is the messenger we need, but we don't deserve. Top quality leak discussion is hard to come by, so having someone to do such a good job at it is such a blessing for a community that indulges so heavily on leaks.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh boy, I LOVE when people twist history to make themselves look better.

Newsflash, jerkwad, most of the board agreed that leak looked terrible.
That and I'm pretty sure the Agnès leak didn't last for "weeks", it was a few days, tops.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know, as someone who's neutral (I'm not upset in the slightest) to most of the revealed newcomers....I'm more happy about the fact that the freaking Grinch is relevant to the leak in some fashion than I am about anything else.

How The Grinch Leaked Smash Ultimate. This is gonna be memed relentlessly. There's no topping that. A lot of surprising and utterly bizarre things have happened throughout Smash speculation, but couple a classic Dr. Seuss character with a ESRB-level leak, and this is a chapter of Smash history that's never gonna be forgotten.

YourMostWantedWon'tBeIn

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, and what happened with the Agnes leak?

You people believed that for weeks because any argument used against it was "Shulk is little mac"
The Agnes leak was obviously fake, the artstyle didn't match-up with the game's and in general no one ever thought it was real.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I feel like almost every convincong leak nowadays is automatically "REAL until proven false with super hard evidence"

Don't go around thinking this is gospel just because you can't find any glaring flaws. Youll just end up dissapointed if it turns out to be fake and all we end up getting is Kencineroar

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Simply because people are making fun of me when I post evidence that play against the leak.
That cloud thing is strong enough to debunk the leak completely IMO, and some people even noticed that the cloud is the floating castle cut with the sword of the Mii, confirming my theory even more.

This is like the box theory but the opposite.
People don't want to believe the box theory because it's disappointing, so they dismiss it without thinking objectively.

People want this leak to be true because it has a lot of characters and fan favorites too, so they want to believe it's true at any cost.
But if we look at it objectively, there is a lot of evidence against it, and even the stuff that supported it (the blank background, the Grinch renders) are falling apart with time.
But there is a lot more proving the leak is true. You gotta remeber that this was originally multiple pictures put together, so it is gonna have pieces scattered all over the place and clouds that aren’t in the perfect position. Besides, Sakuri never deconfirmed us getting 7 more charcters. All he said was the rate of new charcters was gonna slow down. I personally find the leak to be true and there is too much evidence in support of the leak to be fake.

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
This is my first post, but I'd like to return quickly back to the Mii Swordfighter point that's being used to claim the falsity of the Grinch leak.

The current mural image on the Smash Ultimate website shows the Mii Swordfighter near the island (as the point claimed), however he seems to have been positioned so that the island in question didn't interfere with the character art as much as the report of the "error" claims it does.

Take a look:

Given how little of the island interferes with the character (making it hard to mess up a cut and paste), the only thing I can assume happened is the reporter of the "error" used a old version of the mural artwork to prove their point instead of the one currently used on the site.

It could also imply that the "cut out rocks" the person reported as a "error" were actually some clouds, which seem to have been edited in both the empty Battlefield image and the base roster image.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Agnes leak was obviously fake, the artstyle didn't match-up with the game and in general no one ever thought it was real.
I don't know if anyone THOUGHT it was real, but the general atmosphere is that it can't be proven fake. That's why it stayed around for so long.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Not having skull kid or incineroar on the base roster just seems weird to me, but i dunno it could happen

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yeah it's the craziest person in the world going out of their way to make incredibly boring cardboard cut-out models using promotional material from the upcoming Grinch movie because he's thinking 47 steps ahead and knows that both Bandai-Namco and Universal studios contract the same obscure French marketing company. To this end, he then got himself an office, printed out the name of an employee of said company, and haphazardly half blurred out the name because, once again, he's some kind of super genius beyond the mental capacities of mortal man and he knew that the internet's crack team of cybersleuths would find his red-herring name in seconds.

This absolute Einstein of social engineering also happens to moonlight as an expert artist and after presumably spending hours carefully cutting and pasting characters from the Smash poster, he then went out of his way to produce 7 more drawings of his own with obscure elements like vines for Isaac that hardly anyone would be able to make out, and then, for the fun of it, he saw to making a completely unique drawing of the blank version of Battlefield just because he could. He made sure that this fake roster of his perfectly mirrored one posted on 4chan last month by someone whose first language clearly isn't English because he knew that people would immediately make the connection to the French marketing company that he is pretending produced this image. The fact that 5 new characters lines up with the 5 missing stages from Corocoro was all part of his master plan. He also made sure this coincided with Nintendo renewing relevant trademarks.

The lengths you have to go to believe that this is all an incredibly elaborate leak would make this man one of the most intelligent people to ever walk the Earth. Apparently he knew where people would look at every turn, making him at the minimum more competent than the entire government of Saudi Arabia when it comes to fakery.

I suggest you think about which outcome is the most likely here
I've seldom ever seen a post liked this many times, and its justified. There's no better way to say this. Skepticism is fine, but this is tangible. Unlike Box or Vergeben, we can physically see, break down and analyze the circumstances here. There's more objective evidence to support this than there is any other piece of info minus maybe the Ken leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom