• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Now that i'm thinking about it, maybe Incineroar could be dlc. Sun and Moon came in the middle in Ultimate's development, maybe he decided to add the new Pokemon after he already had the full roster implemented or something.
Assuming this is true, I’d be paying...

$60 for the game
$20 for online
And around $7 dollars for Incineroar
I’d be spending $87...

Worth it

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Fun thing to note with the current characters and using the smash website logic we have 79 characters in total. one more would make what some predicted the final roster to be 80 characters. Whether that character is the 'missing' Incineroar, maybe Majoras Mask or (and my wish) Sora.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Well theres a lot of evidence that marks this leak as real, i might have to eat my words.

Ill gladly do so tho, this is by far the best roster i could have hoped for.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I feel like almost every convincong leak nowadays is automatically "REAL until proven false with super hard evidence"

Don't go around thinking this is gospel just because you can't find any glaring flaws. Youll just end up dissapointed if it turns out to be fake and all we end up getting is Kencineroar
Just let the box theory die

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Fun thing to note with the current characters and using the smash website logic we have 79 characters in total. one more would make what some predicted the final roster to be 80 characters. Whether that character is the 'missing' Incineroar, maybe Majoras Mask or (and my wish) Sora.
I've never been one for "rounding numbers for the roster" but if this is real it really does prove there's a first for everything.
Makes you think.

Chrono.

Agnes leak barely lasted a night.

Pretty sure everyone called fake and the artist came forward like a couple days after, but not weeks.

Untouch

Smash Master
View attachment 171749
The empty Battlefield was shown off during the Treehouse section for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.
I don't have the file of the empty Battlefield on me, but could someone please compare the two Battlefields to see if they are 1-to-1?
BQxi4[1].jpg

Looks a little bit different, but I don't know how much can be attributed to lighting.
They seem to be missing the ruins next to the monitor too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
View attachment 171749
The empty Battlefield was shown off during the Treehouse section for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.
I don't have the file of the empty Battlefield on me, but could someone please compare the two Battlefields to see if they are 1-to-1?

Here's what I got.

I dunno, it's too hard to tell if it's the same with the lighting. I was at E3 and I can confirm the screen was a little overly bright. I think this screen came up for a moment before all the fighters popped in on it, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
yup.

its all in there everything i got, i left nothing out beyond who/where i got the info.
You know, since this is you I'm willing to trust this. I'm not gonna badger you with questions about the source or anything like that. Thanks for letting us know.

Well this was a real interesting day to say the least. If this is our base roster AND SpawnWave is hinting at ANOTHER character then we have something real crazy on our hands.

now I'm just hoping for Skull Kid and Dee for DLC

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It was. I was there from day 1. It was heavily botted which is why some of these characters placements isn't very reliable.
There's a lot more to go off of for Andy.
Well I doubt anyone botted for Andy lol. He's like the last character i'd imagine for that.

covers up my actions

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You really have to wonder how much cooler this would have been if it wasn't leaked. To go in expecting Ken and Incineroar and get this instead. But nah.

I'm just scratching my head over here wondering why Sakurai waited so long to show so many characters at the very end. Should have spaced it out a bit better if this ends up being true....

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If the leak is real, it's good to see RH content in the game. I thought it was odd that we hadn't at least heard music, seen an AT or an item or shown a stage for the series. I guess all the content will come in with the character announcement.

Chorus Kids x Banjo Kazooie would be a cool reveal trailer cross over.
Why not have Banjo play his banjo and Kazooie play her kazoo in the trailer as the Chorus Kids sing as they play their instruments?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
papagenos papagenos has a source he 100% trusts, whom has a Microsoft source who has seen proof of Banjo. Among that, the Microsoft source and his source have heard of Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Geno, Isaac, Shadow and Ken, as well as Isabelle and Incineroar (the last 3 being known apparently way before anyone knew; months ago), but had no substantiated evidence like Banjo did for them. However, Ken was allegedly leaked and Isabelle was revealed.
Additionally, the other 6, including Banjo, were shown in this leak, solidifying that they may have been right.

The only thing confusing to Papagenos and his sources is Incineroar, whom other insiders are claiming as well. We don't know if Incineroar was fake-bait to out leakers or if he is DLC. Additionally, Spawnwave is seemingly against the leak, but only because it's missing Incineroar and another character, believed to be Sora.
basically this but I'll just say Sora is COMPLETELY my own speculation, I just feel if someone is missing from the banner they'd have to either be:

1.bait to catch leakers
2.saved for dlc
3.someone BIG for some major reveal (this is why i speculated maybe its sora)

but that is just speculation as i have no idea why incineroar is missing yet this microsoft source seemed to think they were in, along with the 7 banner characters BEFORE we saw the banner.

papagenos papagenos
Since I am deaf, can you kindly summarize what was in that new video you just updated to your channel?
that should be a good summary right there up there^

KMDP

Smash Legend
I feel like almost every convincong leak nowadays is automatically "REAL until proven false with super hard evidence"

Don't go around thinking this is gospel just because you can't find any glaring flaws. Youll just end up dissapointed if it turns out to be fake and all we end up getting is Kencineroar
It's not your job to gate-keep what people can and can't believe, if they end up disappointed in the end, that's their problem, not yours.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"y'all are foolish for believing any leak at all" immediately followed by "i think kencineroar is in"

you guys are funny :estatic:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
View attachment 171749
i mean i just keep looking at this picture to the leaked picture, you could only do so much with such a small picture, but there are certain parts you can make out that is similar

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Damn, this Papa Genos video is interesting. I don't think he'd say this without a very good reason to believe it. Incineroar being a leak bait character makes total sense if you think about it. People were expecting a Pokemon rep and with how Sakurai picks Pokemon Incineroar seems the most likely, so he's an easy name to bait people with. It'd also explain why Verge's Smash knowledge got so limited the moment that it was said that a source told him Incineroar was in the game. I mean, he was on a roll during E3, but since then he hasn't really said much. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these industry people are just brushing this leak off because of no Incineroar, since they're being incredibly vague about, While the video hasn't dropped yet, even Spawn Wave's gripe with the leak seems like it comes down to "Well, the character I heard isn't in it and I trust my source", and even if its Sora at the VGA, it doesn't contradict this leak at all as that would likely be DLC.

Maybe I'm getting too tin foil hat here but Papa Genos isn't Lax Chris. I doubt he'd say something rather big if he didn't trust it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
andy will be in

as a pokeball
Well a lot of people complain about Andy looking more like a Pokemon Trainer rather than a CO so this isn't too far off.

Actually scratch that,

33-35: Pokemon Trainer
33-35ε : Andy :shades:

Wambo

Smash Ace
That and I'm pretty sure the Agnès leak didn't last for "weeks", it was a few days, tops.
For most people, literally just a few minutes. It seemed like it lasted days because people who saw it for the first time kept laughing about it.

The worst part of that leak is that apparently the person who made it didn't even intend for it to be considered a real leak, and it's all because some 4chan dood put it up there (or so the person says), which resulted in the person receiving a lot of hate and attacks against their artistic ability.

Untouch

Smash Master
Here's what I got.

I dunno, it's too hard to tell if it's the same with the lighting. I was at E3 and I can confirm the screen was a little overly bright. I think this screen came up for a moment before all the fighters popped in on it, if I remember correctly.
The rocks on the right are different, the clouds at the top are slightly different, the ruins on the left appear to be missing.
It isn't the same thing, but I can't tell if they've been using the same background without changing it at all.

D

Deleted member

After looking at things that ended up being true from his sources and any events happened in one way or another, and this is a may bit of a rough estimate, but Spawn Wave's current streak is now at 9-0.

If Sora from Kingdom Hearts actually does make it, Spawn would be at a clean 10-0. I don't think ANY "leaker" has gone this hard. This is Undertaker levels of insane, at this rate.

That, or just the existence of another character in general, as he said. This is gonna be a wild ride.

D

Deleted member

How come the "Shulk is little Mac" meme has just prevented people from even trying?

I don't think that's a positive thing
Some British rag is trying to say Isaac is going to be an Echo of a Fire Emblem character, even though Fire Emblem and Golden Sun are radically different franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom