• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well a lot of people complain about Andy looking more like a Pokemon Trainer rather than a CO so this isn't too far off.

Actually scratch that,

33-35: Pokemon Trainer
33-35ε : Andy :shades:
Squirtle: Infantry
Ivysaur: Tank
Charizard: Fighter Jet

It all makes sense now.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The rocks on the right are different, the clouds at the top are slightly different, the ruins on the left appear to be missing.
It isn't the same thing, but I can't tell if they've been using the same background without changing it at all.
For the record, the screen was LONG. Like, I believe that's only 75% of its length in the picture there. It was absolutely massive.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If I may ask, to all those still talking about the leak, out of curiosity, do you think there is more evidence for the leak or more evidence against it?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Squirtle: Infantry
Ivysaur: Tank
Charizard: Fighter Jet

It all makes sense now.
Squirtle's replacement would actually be the Recon unit given it's fast speed and what have you. But yeah that moveset actually makes sense the more I think about it lol.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Plot twist:

The current roster right now is the Final Roster, and the 7 characters that's been discussed today are the DLC fighters

How would you guys feel about that?

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Damn, this Papa Genos video is interesting. I don't think he'd say this without a very good reason to believe it. Incineroar being a leak bait character makes total sense if you think about it. People were expecting a Pokemon rep and with how Sakurai picks Pokemon Incineroar seems the most likely, so he's an easy name to bait people with. It'd also explain why Verge's Smash knowledge got so limited the moment that it was said that a source told him Incineroar was in the game. I mean, he was on a roll during E3, but since then he hasn't really said much. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these industry people are just brushing this leak off because of no Incineroar, since they're being incredibly vague about, While the video hasn't dropped yet, even Spawn Wave's gripe with the leak seems like it comes down to "Well, the character I heard isn't in it and I trust my source", and even if its Sora at the VGA, it doesn't contradict this leak at all as that would likely be DLC.

Maybe I'm getting too tin foil hat here but Papa Genos isn't Lax Chris. I doubt he'd say something rather big if he didn't trust it.
I'm glad we have a leak youtuber who doesn't report on every single 4chan text leak.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I see many discrepancies.

I'll do some callouts in a moment, but here's some perspective corrected images for the rest of you to compare to.

YourMostWantedWon'tBeIn

Banned via Warnings
I know, I was there using photoshop to help prove it was fake.
Then why did you say that the general atmosphere was that "it couldn't be proven fake" when it literally was debunked shortly after and everyone didn't even believe it the moment it started surfacing the internet?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I may ask, to all those still talking about the leak, out of curiosity, do you think there is more evidence for the leak or more evidence against it?
There is definitely more for it than against TBH.

Most evidence against it is the same kind that was used against ESRB. Time will tell what ends up happening.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Imagine showing this picture to anyone pre Smash Ultimate without any context.

also why is babby sakurai so cute pls

After looking at things that ended up being true from his sources and any events happened in one way or another, and this is a may bit of a rough estimate, but Spawn Wave's current streak is now at 9-0.

If Sora from Kingdom Hearts actually does make it, Spawn would be at a clean 10-0. I don't think ANY "leaker" has gone this hard. This is Undertaker levels of insane, at this rate.

That, or just the existence of another character in general, as he said. This is gonna be a wild ride.
Tots, you will forever be known to me as "the Spawnwave stan"

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I think there's more for it, but the amount of insiders against it does muddle the water a bit. Though, we don't know why they're against it.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I'm having trouble keeping up with everything so can someone explain simply everything we currently know as of now. Please I need to know but I also am trying to spend time with my family so I can't spend too much time exploring

D

Deleted member

Evidence Against: "Don't expect too many fighters."

Evidence For: The Grinch

Seems like a deadlock to me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then why did you say that the general atmosphere was that "it couldn't be proven fake" when it was literally debunked shortly after and everyone didn't even believe it the moment it started surfacing the internet?
Because certain people were comparing using photoshop to disprove the image was similar to "Little mac is shulk" thing.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Phoenix Wright as dlc to promote the eventual Ace Attorney 7 yes or no

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
andy
andy
just andy
just andy
just. andy.
just

monika
Andy being a Poke Ball would be karma for sending his troops to die for him tho.

Or at least how Andy is portrayed in a lot of Smash comics lol.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'd say there's more going for it than against it. There's only a few things out of all the fluff that I take into heavy consideration for this leak being fake and one being what Sakurai has said. To only expect a few more characters in the future, at a later date. There are some possibilities that might explain this away but I feel it's one of the strongest points against the leak.

Plot twist:

The current roster right now is the Final Roster, and the 7 characters that's been discussed today are the DLC fighters

How would you guys feel about that?
"Where's my wallet?"

Last edited:

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
basically this but I'll just say Sora is COMPLETELY my own speculation, I just feel if someone is missing from the banner they'd have to either be:

1.bait to catch leakers
2.saved for dlc
3.someone BIG for some major reveal (this is why i speculated maybe its sora)

but that is just speculation as i have no idea why incineroar is missing yet this microsoft source seemed to think they were in, along with the 7 banner characters BEFORE we saw the banner.

that should be a good summary right there up there^
Yo PapaGenos! You're the best smash bros youtuber man, I love your videos and your Mario RPG series, it's so laid back and fun to watch/just have on in the background. Keep it up!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Huh... according to IntroSpektive, Mach Rider is a Bandai Namco character. If that's true, then that could be our Bandai Namco rep

D

Deleted member

Huh... according to IntroSpektive, Mach Rider is a Bandai Namco character. If that's true, then that could be our Bandai Namco rep
That's completely wrong though. Mach Rider is Nintendo.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm predicting that Banjo Kazooie is next on the line because we might get announcement of the N64 Mini soon. After a trailer of the Mini with games made by Nintendo, Banjo picks it up of being not only some rare games, but also later on like playing Smash 64 on the mini, Banjo and Kazooie are in Smash Bros Ultimate.

Pakky

Smash Hero
You know, Papa ain't Laxchris and his discussions are pretty level headed.

If he's making this claim I'll keep an ear to it. He's earned that much in my eyes.
Me too that's why I'm subbed.

While Youtube is a business and Lax is doing his thing, I can't take any more of this hype garbage.

papagenos papagenos Keep growing you're channel, you have a great personality for news and analysis.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Simply because people are making fun of me when I post evidence that play against the leak.
That cloud thing is strong enough to debunk the leak completely IMO, and some people even noticed that the cloud is the floating castle cut with the sword of the Mii, confirming my theory even more.

This is like the box theory but the opposite.
People don't want to believe the box theory because it's disappointing, so they dismiss it without thinking objectively.

People want this leak to be true because it has a lot of characters and fan favorites too, so they want to believe it's true at any cost.
But if we look at it objectively, there is a lot of evidence against it, and even the stuff that supported it (the blank background, the Grinch renders) are falling apart with time.
People shouldn't make fun of you or anyone, but some had valid arguments and weren't trying to make fun.

The thing with the cloud being from the Mii, I just don't agree with it, as it's also in the version of the background without any characters, and the marketing guys may have updated it. That may seem like a stretch, but "it's an early version" seems like a stretch too, which works for the Ken leak.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Isn't Mach Rider retro Nintendo though?

Or is this a case of me getting shenanigans'd?

Untouch

Smash Master
BQxD7[1].jpg

Three major things missing from the background.
Interestingly... each of these thing are covered up by characters on the mural we have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom