• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If I may ask, to all those still talking about the leak, out of curiosity, do you think there is more evidence for the leak or more evidence against it?
Definitely for. This leak, whether it's real or not, was very well though out, multi-layered, and convincing.

Can't say the same for the criticism though.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

I see many discrepancies.

I'll do some callouts in a moment, but here's some perspective corrected images for the rest of you to compare to.
Damn, they look exactly the same to me design wise. The leak version just seems darker due to the quality/lighting.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
People here are hoping for Incineroar for DLC? I think Incineroar seemed likely because he hailed from the latest games (SM). However, I think Nintendo/Gamefreak should dream bigger than whoever was the most recent starter/2 stager that gets pushed super hard, and really take their time to think about who to include.
Maybe throw the Smash audience for a loop and insert something completely out of left field.
Like Lusamine/Nihilego fusion, Gardevoir or Lillie+Cosmog

Last edited:

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice

I see many discrepancies.

I'll do some callouts in a moment, but here's some perspective corrected images for the rest of you to compare to.
Yeah, that's what I was worried about. It's clearly different. They could have changed the backgrounds between different times but why would they need to? Don't know if this breaks the leak, but I feel like it hurts it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
ive been drunk on grinchposting for the past couple of hours, did anything regarding the leak change?
i feel like there are people 24/7 trying to tear this apart lmao

Cahalan

Smash Ace
If this is all real, expect any videos that show off the banner to be taken down by Nintendo Ninjas.... only then can we really know if it's real.

So stuff like the GameXplain Video might be taken down in the next 2 weeks...

Chrono.

lol I googled Mach Rider and immediately got news headers that were "7 NEW CHARACTERS FOR SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE LEAKED."

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just feel the need to address this, since I've seen it brought up here and there: if Shadow's art looks "Too Similar" to another pose of his, keep in mind Sonic Team hardly ever gives him any unique poses. Hell, his Sonic Forces render is scarily similar to his Brawl render.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-lYuCRBj3F60hLQ.jpg

So if you're looking for a weak point, you won't find it there.

Seriously Sonic Team, emote your dang characters more...

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Isn't Mach Rider retro Nintendo though?

Or is this a case of me getting shenanigans'd?
He/She is definitely retro (1985), but IntroSpektive said that he/she was made by Bandai Namco, maybe back in 1985. People here on the forums have kindly corrected me though. He/She is apparently not Bandai Namco.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Why is Isaac so small? I was team #itsreal all day, but after looking at it that tiny Isaac just screams "There wasn't enough space so I shrunk him." Sakurai wouldn't cut corners like that.

D

Deleted member

Tots, you will forever be known to me as "the Spawnwave stan"
I mean, can you blame me lol

Ask yourself, has ANYBODY with any huge cred been able to somehow maintain a consistent streak, have sources that are so good that, people like LeakyPandy and other pundits use that info, AND run an entire general gaming news channel?

Reminder, he knew about New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe months ahead before Liam Robertson. He knew about the dual-November Directs 4 weeks before anyone else broke the news recently. He was really the only person that broke the leaked info about the Smash Switch bundle, while everyone else called it fake.

He KNOWS that The Game Awards will have a DLC reveal for Smash. And even if his opinion about the Mural Leak might not what we all expect to hear from him, he STILL has trump cards to keep a streak going.

How. Is. This. Even. Possible.

screen-shot-2014-03-26-at-11.13.54-am-650x367.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
People here are hoping for Incineroar for DLC? I think Incineroar seemed likely because he hailed from the latest games (SM). However, I think Nintendo/Gamefreak should dream bigger than whoever was the most recent starter/2 stager that gets pushed super hard, and really take their time to think about who to include.
Maybe throw the Smash audience for a loop and insert sonething completely out of left field.
Like Lusamine/Nihilego fusion, Gardevoir or Lillie+Cosmog
I'd be absolutely down for Lusamine as a fighter, but I really like Incineroar and dlc is his last chance.

D

Deleted member

Why is Isaac so small? I was team #itsreal all day, but after looking at it that tiny Isaac just screams "There wasn't enough space so I shrunk him." Sakurai wouldn't cut corners like that.
Sakurai had to shrink Isaac to make it harder for us to mod in his superior Dark Dawn design :glare:

Chrono.

I just feel the need to address this, since I've seen it brought up here and there: if Shadow's art looks "Too Similar" to another pose of his, keep in mind Sonic Team hardly ever gives him any unique poses. Hell, his Sonic Forces render is scarily similar to his Brawl render.

View attachment 171756

I can't believe Shadow is doing the boobs n butt pose.

Scandalous.

YourMostWantedWon'tBeIn

Banned via Warnings
Because certain people were comparing using photoshop to disprove the image was similar to "Little mac is shulk" thing.
But the diference is that they COPY-PASTED Palutena's eyes, like, they didn't even try to hide it or make it look more real, not even a bit.
People knew from the start that it would be a waste of time to compare something so elaborate such as the Shulk/Little Mac leak to the blatant and obvious fake that was the Agnes leak, so of course almost no one actually did the comparison.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So real question, if this leak is true and Mach Rider is in, will they be male or female?

Last edited:

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
I mean, can you blame me lol

Ask yourself, has ANYBODY with any huge cred been able to somehow maintain a consistent streak, have sources that are so good that, people like LeakyPandy and other pundits use that info, AND run an entire general gaming news channel?

Reminder, he knew about New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe months ahead before Liam Robertson. He knew about the dual-November Directs 4 weeks before anyone else broke the news recently. He was really the only person that broke the leaked info about the Smash Switch bundle, while everyone else called it fake.

He KNOWS that The Game Awards will have a DLC reveal for Smash. And even if his opinion about the Mural Leak might not what we all expect to hear from him, he STILL has trump cards to keep a streak going.

How. Is. This. Even. Possible.

View attachment 171757
SpawnWave has been right on so many things in gaming and tech that now I just believe whatever he says

Chrono.

If this is all real, expect any videos that show off the banner to be taken down by Nintendo Ninjas.... only then can we really know if it's real.

So stuff like the GameXplain Video might be taken down in the next 2 weeks...
GameXplain's ESRB discussion never got taken down and the pictures were all there.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What's everyone going to do after the final DLC for the game is released and the speculation wears off?
Beating FG scrubs with Andy, the winner of the 2nd Smash Ballot of course. :)

If I were being realistic, going through whatever single player content they have multiple times and finishing out all the Challenges.
lol I googled Mach Rider and immediately got news headers that were "7 NEW CHARACTERS FOR SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE LEAKED."
Smash Youtubers in a nutshell my dude.

NEW CONVINCING LEAK!!!

although this is a rare case where it's actually convincing lol

Untouch

Smash Master
The colouring looks totally different, even compared to normal real banner pictures, though I don't know if that's just the lighting in the room though.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

View attachment 171756

Seriously Sonic Team, emote your dang characters more...
This was a point I was trying to make earlier, but you conveyed it way better. Props, dawg.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I’m pretty sure Isaac is kneeling and summoning a djinn

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So real question, if this leak is true and Mach Rider is in, will they be male or female?
They're going to be completely silent and never take off their helment so that people can make youtube videos like "IS MACH RIDER A MAN OR WOMAN?"
And when prompted during a random post-game interview, Bill Trinen's going to say "LOL WHO KNOWS?"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
see!

nobody's even played mach rider!!

(bar myself. it's alright.)
I spent thirty minutes trying to get through the first stage of Mach Rider because I didn't realize you could shift gears.

It wasn't my proudest moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom