• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Hey papa just wanted to thank you again for changing the thumbnail. You've got a watcher in me :)

Watching this video as we speak.
no problem haha, what you were saying AND simultaneously getting THIS info being given to me made me feel like I had to take down that thumbnail as it is SO much more likely real at this point for me I had to change that.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I'm 90% confident that this leak is real so....
Press S to spit on:
-Music theory
-Virginben
-Box theory
-4chan leaks
If banner leak is real, and then goodbye stupid and pointless box theory because there's no way to make theory based off placeholder. And also rip incienroar because he was so implicated very hard by him. (Unless it's smash 4's chorm situation for him)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
no problem haha, what you were saying AND simultaneously getting THIS info being given to me made me feel like I had to take down that thumbnail as it is SO much more likely real at this point for me I had to change that.
About 4 minutes in. Apologies if I missed, but you seem to trust this source a lot; they given you stuff in the past?

Nevermind: got to where you can't say why they're credible. You've always come across as very level-headed and mature, so you get a lot of respect for this one from me.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I mean, why not? What else is there to show in a Smash dedicated direct besides Spirits?
Custom stages! That's what I really want to see, but I don't know if Custom Stages is that important to show off in a Direct

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come the "Shulk is little Mac" meme has just prevented people from even trying?

I don't think that's a positive thing

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mechs are ****ing rad is how.
True. Though i'll be 100% straight.

Under the assumption that this rumor is true, i'm :salt: that Andy wasn't among the planned characters. My bias aside. Advance Wars is no smaller than Custom Robo and it would have been timely with the franchise's 30th anniversary. And according to this poll, Andy's popularity is about the same if not more than Ray's. No disrespect to Ray's fans of course.

Ahh well, the rumor would still be a kickass way to end the game's roster. Just for Isaac and Banjo being in the game. But dammit I want that Felix Echo! :mad:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We had the ESRB leak for 10 days before we were able to confirm it. There was a bit of evidence in the Tomodachi Life stage or something, but that was it until Shulk was revealed and we all saw that he had the same render as in the leak.

Something tells me the wait for this one's going to be a little longer, and my will it be a wait.
In 10 days we'll probably already have a direct confriming or debunking it. It's gonna be 10 days of people trying to debunk the leak, and failing to do so, as it just keeps getting stronger.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Custom stages! That's what I really want to see, but I don't know if Custom Stages is that important to show off in a Direct
They could also show off extras like achievements, trophies, and other smaller game modes

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If I may ask, why do you want it to be debunked so badly?

You say you hate liars, but we don't even know if the guy who posted it is actually lying.
Simply because people are making fun of me when I post evidence that play against the leak.
That cloud thing is strong enough to debunk the leak completely IMO, and some people even noticed that the cloud is the floating castle cut with the sword of the Mii, confirming my theory even more.

This is like the box theory but the opposite.
People don't want to believe the box theory because it's disappointing, so they dismiss it without thinking objectively.

People want this leak to be true because it has a lot of characters and fan favorites too, so they want to believe it's true at any cost.
But if we look at it objectively, there is a lot of evidence against it, and even the stuff that supported it (the blank background, the Grinch renders) are falling apart with time.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
True. Though i'll be 100% straight.

Under the assumption that this rumor is true, i'm :salt: that Andy wasn't among the planned characters. My bias aside. Advance Wars is no smaller than Custom Robo and it would have been timely with the franchise's 30th anniversary. And according to this poll, Andy's popularity is about the same if not more than Ray's. No disrespect to Ray's fans of course.

Ahh well, the rumor would still be a kickass way to end the game's roster. Just for Isaac and Banjo being in the game. But dammit I want that Felix Echo! :mad:
Reddit poll was very botted in the early stages.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think I need to lie down right now--I think I'm getting the vapors. *fans*

:lol:
How come the "Shulk is little Mac" meme has just prevented people from even trying?

I don't think that's a positive thing
Because the argument "this thing looks passively similar to this thing if i edit it a bit" holds no water.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Can we just appreciate that Papa Genos is one of the very few specualtion video guys that doesnt stuff his videos with all the generic filler stuff in clickbait videos? Guy is the specualtion reporter we dont deserve

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So do you guys think we could get Dixie and Monster Hunter as DLC, seeing as signs point to them having been cut? I'd ask about Ray too, but...you know.
It is partially dependant on why they were cut, but both are characters with a lot of history, successes and techniques to give and I do think that Sakurai would give them a second look for that. Plus, depending on when they were cut they may already have partial work done on them (and MH already has Rathalos and Ancestral Steppe), which would make them good candidates for finishing up and selling to the masses.

I do personally hope so though, I love DKC2 and the MH series as a whole so I would like to see both become playable.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
papagenos papagenos
Just gotta get a respect post outta the way.

While I am subscribed to the channel (gotta support my fellow Smashers how I can), I generally don't watch some of your videos because it often feels like you're covering obviously fake stuff. But you explaining your process, and going into why you changed your thumbnail, is some really good stuff. Random fake leaks are white noise to me, but you really go at them with a critical eye and a lot more presence of mind than some less desirable people making similar content.

Keep up the good work, mang. And good stuff keeping quiet about your source.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly for me now the only way the leak will be fake to me is if a character not shown on that is revealed or if a character that is on that is in a completely different spot on the banner.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
papagenos papagenos
Just gotta get a respect post outta the way.

While I am subscribed to the channel (gotta support my fellow Smashers how I can), I generally don't watch some of your videos because it often feels like you're covering obviously fake stuff. But you explaining your process, and going into why you changed your thumbnail, is some really good stuff. Random fake leaks are white noise to me, but you really go at them with a critical eye and a lot more presence of mind than some less desirable people making similar content.

Keep up the good work, mang. And good stuff keeping quiet about your source.
agreed!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Because the argument "this thing looks passively similar to this thing if i edit it a bit" holds no water.
Yeah, and what happened with the Agnes leak?

You people believed that for weeks because any argument used against it was "Shulk is little mac"

Rayman001

Smash Cadet
I mean, why not? What else is there to show in a Smash dedicated direct besides Spirits?
Everything that's in Games & More (we only know Classic Mode), in the Vault (we only know Music, what about trophies, challenges and other collectables?) and how Online works. We know nothing about any of these things.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Summarize.
Unless it's just the guy that was posting here earlier then this is clickbait.
papagenos papagenos has a source he 100% trusts, whom has a Microsoft source who has seen proof of Banjo. Among that, the Microsoft source and his source have heard of Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Geno, Isaac, Shadow and Ken, as well as Isabelle and Incineroar (the last 3 being known apparently way before anyone knew; months ago), but had no substantiated evidence like Banjo did for them. However, Ken was allegedly leaked and Isabelle was revealed.
Additionally, the other 6, including Banjo, were shown in this leak, solidifying that they may have been right.

The only thing confusing to Papagenos and his sources is Incineroar, whom other insiders are claiming as well. We don't know if Incineroar was fake-bait to out leakers or if he is DLC. Additionally, Spawnwave is seemingly against the leak, but only because it's missing Incineroar and another character, believed to be Sora.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why would Incineroar be missing from this IF he's still a part of the roster and all of this?

Though I do like papagenos papagenos theories about his placement in all of this.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
About 4 minutes in. Apologies if I missed, but you seem to trust this source a lot; they given you stuff in the past?

Nevermind: got to where you can't say why they're credible. You've always come across as very level-headed and mature, so you get a lot of respect for this one from me.

No. totally new source BUT who they are gives them a lot of credibility to me. I wont say more than that on it.

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Wow, from the way things are looking, we'll have a hell of a dlc roster. Incineroar, skull kid, sora, rex&pyra, and Minecraft steve geez

Untouch

Smash Master
Honestly for me now the only way the leak will be fake to me is if a character not shown on that is revealed or if a character that is on that is in a completely different spot on the banner.
I don't think the positions will make or break it, but the poses will.
Even if we get a character that's on the banner, if the pose doesn't match up it's fake.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Remember when we weren't even sure we would reach page 6069 before the 69th fighter was revealed?

Remember when 6969 before release seemed like a pipe dream?

I cant believe Mach Rider came in and ended sexism and homophobia. She just exploded in on her mad max bike and saved smash from being dominated by men. What an icon
I know I'm a hundred pages too late but this post owns and you should feel good for making it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Summarize.
Unless it's just the guy that was posting here earlier then this is clickbait.
papagenos papagenos has a source, who he says is a credible one, who says the Banner leak is real, but the guy also heard Incineroar; however, Incineroar might have actually been leak bait all along.

Additionally, Source Wave's "other character" might be Sora, who may or may not be singled out to be shown at the Game Awards (presumably the first DLC character?)

This is the long and short of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom