• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Alright, I probably sound crazy, but. the guy who posted the menu music and hinted at a Xenoblade 2 song posted this a few days ago.

He claimed his pocket tweeted it, but then said "Definitely not another hint". I feel like that might be true, which would explain why it went a couple days without anyone really discussing it, but at the same time it really looks like something that would be code - and "definitely not another hint" might be the most suspicious way to word that.

I'm not sure, so I figured I'd post it here to see if someone more knowledgeable on this stuff than me would be able to get something out of it
This bugs me because I've definitely seen that sort of text encoding before, but can't recall what it is. Maybe base64 of somewhat sparse binary data?

I ain't typing it out myself to find out since apparently there's no source tweet, at any rate.

EDIT: yeah, these're 32-bit ASCII values:

00000000 00000000 00000000 00101001
00000000 00000000 00000000 00110000
00000000 00000000 00000000 00110011
00000000 00000000 00000000 00110001

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Try this one just in case, if it doesn't work I dunno how to proceed:

4KQ3D5z4M4DE4o4OQ3D544MQ3DU4x4Mw3DEA
314MQ3DQ4x4N4DE4x4M4Dg4w4Mw3D5x4M3
ADQ4x4MQ3D544M4Dc4w4Ng3DE444MQ3DM4x4
OQ3DE4y4O4DE4w
Collector said:
ليتل ماك هو وهمية
Who is the Collector and why should we listen to them?
All that's left of him (right now) is this head inside a cage. We probably shouldn't listen to him, but I think that he knows about Smash Brothers so I'm asking him questions in this library to pass the time. Feel free to ask him something if you want. I can't promise he won't try an Unholy Eldritch curse however.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
This bugs me because I've definitely seen that sort of text encoding before, but can't recall what it is. Maybe base64 of somewhat sparse binary data?

I ain't typing it out myself to find out since apparently there's no source tweet, at any rate.
Someone already did. I'll repost it for you:

AAAAKQAAADAAAAAzAAAAMAAAADEAAAAoAAAAOQAAADAAAAA4AAAAMQAAADUAAAAxAAAAMwAAADEA
AAA1AAAAMQAAADQAAAAxAAAANAAAADEAAAAxAAAAMAAAADgAAAAwAAAAMwAAADAAAAAxAAAAMAAA
ADQAAAAxAAAAMQAAADAAAAA4AAAAMAAAADcAAAAwAAAANgAAADEAAAA4AAAAMQAAADMAAAAxAAAA
OQAAADEAAAAyAAAAOAAAADEAAAAw

I checked if it was base64, but I don't *think* I got anything out of it, unless it's been encrypted more than once

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

When I was entertaining it I figured it looked kinda like base 64 too, but running it through a decoder gets nothing important.

And even if it did I'm not doing anyone's legwork for them this time cause I did it last time and got overshadowed by the 40 people who did it like 2 hours after I did

Grevmak

Smash Cadet
That isn’t strange at all
Correct: We had Golden Sun music in Brawl. No Isaac.

Music doesn't mean a character's in, as sad as that makes people. We also had Mario & Luigi music but no Fawful or the most wanted character: Negative Bowser.

Music gets included because the devs like the tracks that's all.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't know much about codes I'll do some research. There are these Alt Reality game people that deal with codes all the time. I wonder if they have any advice.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Please have Chorus Kids amongst the last characters even if it means 3 newcomer trailers in one direct... (maybe Geno's a DLC tease ala Mewtwo)
Can't understand why people want him to be early DLC when he'd fit into the base roster better (with Ridley and THE KING making it in). He's a character people have wanted for more than a dozen years now, even Sakurai has wanted him in (and highlighted Mii costume).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Correct: We had Golden Sun music in Brawl. No Isaac.

Music doesn't mean a character's in, as sad as that makes people
If that was the case, mostly everyone would be happy
I personally wouldn't find it strange if the only Gen 7 Pokemon representation we get is the Pokeball pokemon that already represent it, but if I said that I'd make people vewy angwy
Only Pokémon fans would be angry

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Can't understand why people want him to be early DLC when he'd fit into the base roster better (with Ridley and THE KING making it in). He's a character people have wanted for more than a dozen years now, even Sakurai has wanted him in (and highlighted Mii costume).
Yeah Sakurai want him. But Square might want that golden ore.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: yeah, these're 32-bit ASCII values:

00000000 00000000 00000000 00101001
00000000 00000000 00000000 00110011
00000000 00000000 00000000 00110001
So, you know ehat these mean? Or how can we make them mean something?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You'd be surprised. I'm sure there's more than a handful of people who aren't fans of Pokemon but expect a gen 7 fighter rep "BECAUSE VERGEBEN" or "BECAUSE OF COURSE THERE IS"

I mean, fair enough, I guess, but gambling against the grain is more satisfying than betting on the obvious answer.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I think it’s the fact that that last line makes the 1s and 0s look like an E, much like the good old classic “E” meme kids these days love to talk about.

Ergo, probably just a joke and nothing serious.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
It's because he could work as both DLC and base game, while other characters people want, such as a RH rep or Elma, are probably out for good if they aren't in base game. I still think Geno is base however.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Also regarding XB2 music, music is probably the easiest thing to put in, especially if it isn't a remix and just the same song present in the game. It's a good way to represent a very popular game without having the time and resources for a stage, character, AT, etc.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Since music is now only tied to series instead of individual stages, that opens things up for them to have a bunch of music from Xenoblade 2 at base.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Yeah Sakurai want him. But Square might want that golden ore.
Companies don't ask Sakurai to add characters. Sakurai asks for permission of any character he wants and then the owner of the ip decides if they want to grant it and they work out a deal.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
The ASCII says:
)0301(90815131514141108030104110
Or something like:
ANACHANNOMORI(1030)
if you reverse it and do the number > letter thing.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
*takes a shot*

They're both spin-offs of Yugioh, though.

Jokes aside, I didn't say it was gonna happen, I said I wouldn't find it strange.
Seeing as how the most recent generation has always been represented since 64, it would surprise me.

Getting a new Pokemon rep from Gen 7 has been, since E3, the only piece of speculation I'd be willing to bet actual money on.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Companies don't ask Sakurai to add characters. Sakurai asks for permission of any character he wants and then the owner of the ip deicides if they want to grant it and they work out a deal.
Exactly and the deal can be "sure but make it DLC because we want money or else we don't accept."

If it's truly Geno's last chance to make it in, and Sakurai truly want him. He might accept

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If that was the case, mostly everyone would be happy

In our defense, Pokemon is the only franchise to have a newcomer in every Smash game, not to mention the fact that being a franchise with over 800 potential candidates, why not have any more Pokemon reps?...
vewy angwy
Wascally Wabbit

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Seeing as how the most recent generation has always been represented since 64, it would surprise me.

Getting a new Pokemon rep from Gen 7 has been, since E3, the only piece of speculation I'd be willing to bet actual money on.
I can make more bets with you all if you want. I already bet against it not being Incineroar (on its own).
And it's not like I don't want very specific character in, who is a Gen 7 rep.

Treat it like a game and conflicting speculation becomes fun and less like everyone's trying to start a bar fight over something minor.

In our defense, Pokemon is the only franchise to have a newcomer in every Smash game, not to mention the fact that being a franchise with over 800 potential candidates, why not have any more Pokemon?...
Your reaction when yet another pattern is broken?

Last edited:

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Oh.
OH.
Ain't that Forest's Maze Japanese name?
If that's really what it is, then this is pretty big news.

The thing is, I'm not 100% sure if the screencap was even real in the first place. It might not really be what Crunchii tweeted. We should still take this with a grain of salt.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I can make more bets with you all if you want. I already bet against it not being Incineroar (on its own).
And it's not like I don't want very specific character in, who is a Gen 7 rep.

Treat it like a game and conflicting speculation becomes fun and less like everyone's trying to start a bar fight over something minor.

Your reaction when yet another pattern is broken?
A bet against Incineroar is really just a bet against Vergeben at this point and totally possible. (Also I'm 100% with you wanting Masked Royal in as a psuedo Pokemon Trainer).

But if you seriously wanna bet with me on a new Pokemon Gen 7 rep you're on just pm me :p

Oh.
OH.
Ain't that Forest's Maze Japanese name?
Oh wow. Once again music doesn't equal character but that could be something. Man I can't wait for the direct :/

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm starting to think that Crunchii is just trolling us with the forest maze track. He would get in big trouble if he actually leaked that.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
In our defense, Pokemon is the only franchise to have a newcomer in every Smash game, not to mention the fact that being a franchise with over 800 potential candidates, why not have any more Pokemon reps?...
Technically Mario has had a newcomer in every game as well. The majority of people know who Wario is from Mario games not Warioware.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A bet against Incineroar is really just a bet against Vergeben at this point and totally possible. (Also I'm 100% with you wanting Masked Royal in as a psuedo Pokemon Trainer).

But if you seriously wanna bet with me on a new Pokemon Gen 7 rep you're on just pm me :p
I'd be betting against what I want if I did that, honestly.

But I'll consider it. Just for the sake of discussion.

Last edited:

bbybae

Smash Cadet
Companies don't ask Sakurai to add characters. Sakurai asks for permission of any character he wants and then the owner of the ip decides if they want to grant it and they work out a deal.
Didn't Kojima ask Sakurai if Snake could be in, back in Brawl? I thought I read somewhere that it was that and not the other way around.

edit: found an article that uses the phrase "practically begged"
https://www.engadget.com/2012/03/19/thank-kojimas-son-for-getting-snake-into-smash-bros-brawl/

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Alright, I probably sound crazy, but. the guy who posted the menu music and hinted at a Xenoblade 2 song posted this a few days ago.

He claimed his pocket tweeted it, but then said "Definitely not another hint". I feel like that might be true, which would explain why it went a couple days without anyone really discussing it, but at the same time it really looks like something that would be code - and "definitely not another hint" might be the most suspicious way to word that.

I'm not sure, so I figured I'd post it here to see if someone more knowledgeable on this stuff than me would be able to get something out of it
It’s some form of Elvish. I can’t read it.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ever since Box Theory and Verge, Geno has been assumed DLC, and that's extended to those who don't believe in Box Theory. There's still some other just as long requested characters (e.g., Banjo, Dixie), and so I'm not a fan of the concept of a "trinity" as it's limiting, but my hope is that most make it in this time, as this seems to be the Ultimate Smash game for fans (though others are free to disagree). It's getting tougher the closer we get to see many, if any, characters outside of what's been rumored. But Verge said an SE rep is in, and unless you assume Box Theory, there's no reason to suspect they're DLC.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Technically Mario has had a newcomer in every game as well. The majority of people know who Wario is from Mario games not Warioware.
Majority of people know Roy via Smash, but he's still a Fire Emblem character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom