• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yoshi started as a Mario character in a Mario game and while he has games of his own, most elements in them started in the Mario series and thus would be considered Mario content(Kamek and Baby Mario & Luigi, for example). Kamek is seen in Smash 4 and considered a Mario character so there you have it.
This isn't even about Smash, this is about the Yoshi series as a whole, Yoshi even regularly appears in main-series Mario games.
Yoshi is, whether you like it or not, a Mario character and a Mario sub-series.
Until Yoshi's Story, which is mostly Yoshi, and didn't contain a single instance of Mario. Yes, there are some elements from Mario games (Baby Bowser, Shy Guys) but you can't get any more separated than that. It's when I viewed Yoshi was taken off the metaphorical leash.

Either Yoshi and Wario are both in the Mario series, or they're all separate series and treated as such, otherwise it becomes a double standard. And the points moot anyways, because Sakurai has already decided it should be a separate series.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think this abominable head has something to do with Smash Bros. leaks, it won't stop whispering to me so you might as well try and ask it questions.

Here, I'll start.

"Collector, who's the next character to get in Smash Ultimate?"

Collector said:
I know what you want, it's not Chrono. Ask me again, I dare you mortal.
Very helpful. Ask away.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
He's the director of the game I see no reason why he would lie. Sakurai doesn't trick people like some people seem to think. It is pretty evident now that there aren't as many newcomers as previous games in Ultimate just like what Sakurai said and Waluigi's assist trophy was not a fakeout, he is an assist not playable.

I think the 2 final unique newcomers Incineroar and the Square rep (probably Geno) will be revealed in this direct with 2 or 3 echoes (Ken, Shadow and maybe Dixie) and that'll be it for this game's roster.
Everyone forgets about Louie as an Olimar echo

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Alright, I probably sound crazy, but. the guy who posted the menu music and hinted at a Xenoblade 2 song posted this a few days ago.

He claimed his pocket tweeted it, but then said "Definitely not another hint". I feel like that might be true, which would explain why it went a couple days without anyone really discussing it, but at the same time it really looks like something that would be code - and "definitely not another hint" might be the most suspicious way to word that.

I'm not sure, so I figured I'd post it here to see if someone more knowledgeable on this stuff than me would be able to get something out of it

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Alright, I probably sound crazy, but. the guy who posted the menu music and hinted at a Xenoblade 2 song posted this a few days ago.

He claimed his pocket tweeted it, but then said "Definitely not another hint". I feel like that might be true, which would explain why it went a couple days without anyone really discussing it, but at the same time it really looks like something that would be code - and "definitely not another hint" might be the most suspicious way to word that.

I'm not sure, so I figured I'd post it here to see if someone more knowledgeable on this stuff than me would be able to get something out of it
Also not gunna lie, how often do people pocket tweet? I don't have Twitter but I have never posted on any site or social media by accident in my pocket...

Idk wtf kind of clue or code that is though lol

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

There is no tongue of Elves, Ents, or Men to describe this stupidity.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Umm... I can speak Klingon?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

It looks he stubbed his toe so hard that he couldn't just say it out loud, he had to type it...

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Crunchii is also the one who posted the Monster Hunter song and the menu song saying “oh? People think this is a leak??” Like come on dude, don’t play dumb, you’re playing stupid. He literally is baiting people.

Edit: The monster hunter song already existed. So he just took that and uploaded it since it’s the same version but he never mentioned that. He knows what he’s doing.

Last edited:

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Crunchii is also the one who posted the Monster Hunter song and the menu song saying “oh? People think this is a leak??” Like come on dude, don’t play dumb, you’re playing stupid. He literally is baiting people.
There's also the xenoblade 2 song hint (which... can't really be argued to be anything else at this point) he posted in a way that was very similar to the aforementioned pocket tweet

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Please have Chorus Kids amongst the last characters even if it means 3 newcomer trailers in one direct... (maybe Geno's a DLC tease ala Mewtwo)

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392

He deleted it and later posted a tweet saying "Code 2: " and the sound for FAILURE of SSBMelee. So I'll leave the text transliterated here, for anyone who wants to decipher it or whatever, it does look like code.

AAAAKQAAADAAAAAzAAAAMAAAADEAAAAoAAAAOQAAADAAAAA4AAAAMQAAADUAAAAxAAAAMwAAADEA
AAA1AAAAMQAAADQAAAAxAAAANAAAADEAAAAxAAAAMAAAADgAAAAwAAAAMwAAADAAAAAxAAAAMAAA
ADQAAAAxAAAAMQAAADAAAAA4AAAAMAAAADcAAAAwAAAANgAAADEAAAA4AAAAMQAAADMAAAAxAAAA
OQAAADEAAAAyAAAAOAAAADEAAAAw

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Please have Chorus Kids amongst the last characters even if it means 3 newcomer trailers in one direct... (maybe Geno's a DLC tease ala Mewtwo)
I'm confident Geno is the game. With the timing of the mii costume and the project plan he makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Sorry if it seemed like I wanted to jam an opinion down your throat. I just get irritated when people discount Yoshi content to put into Smash because it has to play leftovers with Mario...
Nah, don't need to apologize, you seemed to be pretty chill with it.
He deleted it and later posted a tweet saying "Code 2: " and the sound for FAILURE of SSBMelee. So I'll leave the text transliterated here, for anyone who wants to decipher it or whatever, it does look like code.

AAAAKQAAADAAAAAzAAAAMAAAADEAAAAoAAAAOQAAADAAAAA4AAAAMQAAADUAAAAxAAAAMwAAADEA
AAA1AAAAMQAAADQAAAAxAAAANAAAADEAAAAxAAAAMAAAADgAAAAwAAAAMwAAADAAAAAxAAAAMAAA
ADQAAAAxAAAAMQAAADAAAAA4AAAAMAAAADcAAAAwAAAANgAAADEAAAA4AAAAMQAAADMAAAAxAAAA
OQAAADEAAAAyAAAAOAAAADEAAAAw
Replace the As with a number corresponding to how many there are between other letters and we might have a start

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Preach it, brother!
Have I ever not commented on an RH post?
I'm confident Geno is the game. With the timing of the mii costume and the project plan he makes sense.
You mean like how we were confident that Chrom and Chorus Kids were in Smash 4?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Looks a bit too pattern-y to be a pocket tweet. However, unless we can extract the entire roster from that sequence, not sure if it's worth it to get a hint to another music reveal :upsidedown: But those more interested could give it a shot.

Though saying it's not another hint, they revealed the previous one was? Was it the Xenoblade track everyone thought it was? Cause I don't see anything on their channel.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Though saying it's not another hint, they revealed the previous one was? Was it the Xenoblade track everyone thought it was? Cause I don't see anything on their channel.
They didn't reveal it themselves, but the last hint was decoded to be the japanese title of a Xenoblade 2 song. There's no real ambiguity there.

Then again for all I know the screenshot may not have even been real... I retrieved it from a reply to the guy's comment about it "definitely not being a hint", so I can only assume it's real, but...

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
http://ofrgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2632139-8510435632-o977Z.png
The 3DS character select screen had a lot of space. Sakurai doesn't care about blank space. He probably knows it will most likely have stage dlc.

People expected another stage reveal for 3DS too when it was shown to have a blank spot so yeah..
The bottom rows of that CSS was centre-aligned, whereas the bottom row of the Ultimate stage select screen isn't

What’s a....Digimon?

Is that a crazy dance you youngins are doing nowadays?
Hey Digimon, Hey Digimon
Monster friends to the boys and girls
Hey Digimon, Hey Digimon
Champions of the Digital World
Hey Digimon, Hey Digimon
Ultimate friends to the boys and girls
Hey Digimon, Hey Digimon
Champions of the Digital World

...wait, didn’t he beat up and abuse his son? Or was that someone else?
He threw Kazuya off a cliff when he was a child.

Isn't it a bit strange that we'd have XB2 music in Smash, but no stage, or Rex?
No it isn't. Super Mario 3D World only got a track in Smash 4.

Anyways, in regards to the "DLC Expected Three" (A term I made up for Rex, Spring Man and a Three Houses character), Spring Man is the one that intrigues me the most.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Replace the As with a number corresponding to how many there are between other letters and we might have a start
Dunno if it means anything now, here it is.

4KQ3D5z4M4DE4o4OQ3D544MQ3DU4x4Mw3DE1
314MQ3DQ4x4N4DE4x4M4Dg4w4Mw3D5x4M3
1DQ4x4MQ3D544M4Dc4w4Ng3DE444MQ3DM4x4
OQ3DE4y4O4DE4w

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

OQ3DE4y4O4DE4w
The Collector refuses to translate.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Try this one just in case, if it doesn't work I dunno how to proceed:

4KQ3D5z4M4DE4o4OQ3D544MQ3DU4x4Mw3DEA
ADQ4x4MQ3D544M4Dc4w4Ng3DE444MQ3DM4x4
OQ3DE4y4O4DE4w

D

Deleted member

OQ3DE4y4O4DE4w
Too many fours. Maybe it's a pattern? I dunno, does anyone have any ideas or should we consider this just a booty tweet?
Who is the Collector and why should we listen to them?

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice

I see "MAAAADEAAAA" in the top row there. Tyler Perry confirmed?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
You mean like how we were confident that Chrom and Chorus Kids were in Smash 4?
Both were planned we know about Chrom from interviews and we know about CK's from data in Smash 4's files and besides Ice Climbers who we know were cut RH is the only series without a playable fighter to have an enemy in Smash run. Chrom was cut because of he wouldn't of been unique enough and CK's were probably either cut because of the 3ds or Sakurai couldn't get them to work.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
At this point, I'm decently sure Geno is in, but I'd gladly sacrifice him for Chorus Kids. I'm going to be absolutely devastated without a RH rep.

Pakky

Smash Hero
"Call into the night" is back this is amazing.

On my list I had three really big ones that I wanted

1. Ridely

2. Rool

3. BWD

With Ridley here I feel very at ease though Rool has me hopeful. That costume keeps me up at night.

BWD feels like a OCD quality of life sort of thing for me. Like he's only gotten more prominent as the years have rolled on by.
Man reading old posts and seeing the outcome go in your favor feels great.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Both were planned we know about Chrom from interviews and we know about CK's from data in Smash 4's files and besides Ice Climbers who we know were cut RH is the only series without a playable fighter to have an enemy in Smash run. Chrom was cut because of he wouldn't of been unique enough and CK's were probably either cut because of the 3ds or Sakurai couldn't get them to work.
Planned isn't considered
That's the difference with the like of Chrom who effectively was in the design document at some point before being replaced by Robin and supposedly the Chorus Kid and the Ice Climbers in Smash 4.
And the rest like Takamaru, Geno and other considered Characters who never went past the "oh yeah can be cool."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom