• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
All in all, there's only two beings in existence that are actually perfect to me.

And you can't tell me otherwise.

Granted, the one on the left might be called a workaholic who listens too much to what others say instead and doesn't take good enough care of himself, meanwhile the one on the right has literally considered cancelling and throwing away what is currently considered his magnum opus just because he didn't want to get up so early in the morning. But hey, at least they still seem to like each other, even if they're opposites.
Do you actually have an Emil head?! How long did it take you to make that thing?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If that's really what it is, then this is pretty big news.

The thing is, I'm not 100% sure if the screencap was even real in the first place. It might not really be what Crunchii tweeted. We should still take this with a grain of salt.
I would believe the screen cap is real, and I also believe he's trolling because of his recent notoriety flare up.

I'd love to be wrong.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I have huge doubts he was given a track that would directly spoil a character.
I wonder if he's just messing around, and the XB2 track was also him messing around?

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Oh.
OH.
Ain't that Forest's Maze Japanese name?
Welp I was wrong lol. So we have a possible Elma and Geno on our hands? IF crunchii knows something we don’t, then this is very interesting information.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, a Xenoblade 2 battle Song and now Forest maze.
It would have been great but isn't the music title "Beware's the Forest's Mushroom?"

Ahem anyway, if he really know some Music OST in advence from press-kit... I'm not sure why would they spoil a newcomers like that.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario: Good representation. Covers a lot of games.
Spin-Offs: Not awful, but definitely lacking. That's pretty shocking considering how beloved series like Mario Party, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, Strikers, etc. are yet they get nothing or very little.

Donkey Kong: Lacks ATs and stage variety. Jungles might be the hub of the series but it isn't the only kind of environment people fondly remember. Music-wise it is worse as we mostly get jungle-themed remixes.

Yoshi: I actually think it is fine. It is lacking Kamek as an AT perhaps, otherwise it gets decent stage and music representation.

Wario: The Ware side is good, the Land side is abysmally small.

Zelda: People will talk about its character representation, but it boils down to having no stand out candidate. For the rest it gets plenty of love.

Metroid: It's pretty good now. We have 4 characters, stages and music and from across multiple games, and the basic characters have a role within the game.

Kirby: Modern Kirby is cast aside quite often. It has a few things, yes...but it wouldn't kill anyone for a stage or plethora of tracks from games beyond Air Ride.

Star Fox: We can't really complain...three characters, three stages, good music, and Andross/Krystal as ATs. Even the members of Star Fox and Star Wolf get some love via Easter Eggs. I would love some Star Fox 2 tracks, though.

Pokemon: This one is difficult as there's many generations with its own quirks and things. I don't think every generation needs a playable character and the stages are fairly split among the relevant generations at the time. The music is the biggest problem here.

Mother: Probably gets too much love for a dead series, but who's complaining?

F-Zero: It's dormant but still Sakurai tries to give us new things. Can't really complain even though I'd love a new character.

Fire Emblem: Gets tons of love for characters, but funnily enough lacking elsewhere. Music is sparse, stages are limited to two titles, and no items. Lyn's the only non-playable Fire Emblem character in the game. I don't play this series, but even I know Sakurai should focus his energy elsewhere for Fire Emblem.

Kid Icarus: Gets too much love but Sakurai's the creator...it is to be expected. It doesn't seem to be getting anything new for this title regardless, though. So...eh?

Xenoblade: So far it is lacklustre. It became a successful series but nothing to show for it, yet...?

Third parties are dependent on so many people that Sakurai can't pick and choose everything on his own accord.
he worked on old Kirby, the last Kirby game he was involved in was Kirby Air ride but we do get modern kirby and possibly the saviour Dee AKA Bandana Dee

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I have huge doubts he was given a track that would directly spoil a character.
I wonder if he's just messing around, and the XB2 track was also him messing around?
This seems weird for someone who was apparently authorized to reveal music for Nintendo--a bit shady even. I'm going to remain cautious while I look more into it.

D

Deleted member

I think it’s the fact that that last line makes the 1s and 0s look like an E, much like the good old classic “E” meme kids these days love to talk about.
OK, so it’s a hint toward Markiplier, Lord Farquaad, Mark Zuckerberg, or E himself.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, a Xenoblade 2 battle Song and now Forest maze.
It would have been great but isn't the music title "Beware's the Forest's Mushroom?"

Ahem anyway, if he really know some Music OST in advence from press-kit... I'm not sure why would they spoil a newcomers like that.
*Bloody Tears/Monster Dance starts to play*

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think that Crunchii is just trolling us with the forset maze track. He would get in big trouble if he actually leaked that.
Covered up his tracks pretty well though. Delete the tweet and just say that people edited a screenshot or something. Using codes and all, makes it a little tougher to trace back.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You'd be surprised. I'm sure there's more than a handful of people who aren't fans of Pokemon but expect a gen 7 fighter rep "BECAUSE VERGEBEN" or "BECAUSE OF COURSE THERE IS"

I mean, fair enough, I guess, but gambling against the grain is more satisfying than betting on the obvious answer.
Probably, but I've never believed that Pokemon "needed" a new character based on the most relevant generation. it makes sense from a business view for GameFreak and the Pokemon Company but I think a Pokemon should feel timeless rather than "there at the right time".

Will Incineroar, Decidueye, or Lycanroc feel timeless? Well we don't know that, but I feel like none of them had the same push that Greninja had from the get go either. They tend to select which ones will transcend time.

D

Deleted member

All the Smash Bros games, but everything that appears on each game wears a Fedora (fighters, assist trophies, Pokémon, trophies, objects, bosses, mountains, enemies, stage objects, buildings, attacks, etc...)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Technically Mario has had a newcomer in every game as well. The majority of people know who Wario is from Mario games not Warioware.
He's still listed as being from the Wario Series. If that's how Sakurai sees him, that's how he is...
Covered up his tracks pretty well though. Delete the tweet and just say that people edited a screenshot or something. Using codes and all, makes it a little tougher to trace back.
A lot of fake leakers use this tactic
I remember during the week long hiatus during the September Direct delay that this one Twitter user uploaded a supposed photo of Skull Kid's reveal trailer, then pretend to get his account taken down by the Nintendo Ninjas...

Also, I must bring up LoZ18...
He got some stuff right, and then added some fake stuff info like Skull Kid...
Just because a leaker is right once, doesn't mean he's 100% trustable.
I only trust leakers with really great track records. (So basically, only Verg...)

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So what new people? I see some chare marks about, but it happens I gue-
*See's Crunchii hint, people saying Forest Maze*

Oh...that's huge if it's true.
*Internal happy scream*

D

Deleted member

Santa Claus is basically the Hollywood adaptation of the L Is Real rumour in SM64.

Innaccurate as usual to the source material.

Untouch

Smash Master
Crunchii isn't a leaker, in the description he said he could only upload part of the song.
I don't think he directly captured it from a booth so he was likely given it by Nintendo.
If Rex/Geno are in the game I just have huge doubts Nintendo would give him the music, unless Forest Mushrooms is in and Geno isn't.

D

Deleted member

Daily reminder that you're all wrong, and PAC-LAND is the best stage in Sm4sh.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Crunchii isn't a leaker, in the description he said he could only upload part of the song.
I don't think he directly captured it from a booth so he was likely given it by Nintendo.
If Rex/Geno are in the game I just have huge doubts Nintendo would give him the music, unless Forest Mushrooms is in and Geno isn't.
If there is a Xenoblade newcomer it won't be Rex. I'll give you a hint - You won't forget him.

D

Deleted member

Actually, sense all stages are starter, I think Bloody Tears / Monster Dance should just play Galaga Medley until Simon is unlocked.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pac-Land should've been cut and Pac-Maze should've been kept. When you think Pac-Man you think of the Pac-Maze not MS paint land.
There's no reason cut Pac-Land just because Pac-Maze's gimmick couldn't be copied over or you don't like it.

Sonic has two stages. I really doubt they cut Pac-Maze just so that they can keep Pac-Land.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Forest maze music is in after the Mii costume Trailer
>Geno is Still a Mii costume

I don't want to live In this timeline. But god I want to see the ****storm

D

Deleted member

>Forest maze music is in after the Mii costume Trailer
>Geno is Still a Mii costume

I don't want to live In this timeline. But god I want to see the ****storm
In that timeline, is Electric de Chocobo also in, bringing our 2 Final Fantasy songs up to 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom