• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Thats the same thing as saying Link and Zelda are the only iconic LoZ characters. no there is always a iconic villain such as Ganondorf and hes The Man, Link can never be as awesome as him.

Medusa is the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series just as Ganondorf is the iconic villain (and The Man) to the LoZ series.
Yeah, but one's Nintendo's 3rd largest IP, and the other's had 3 fairly obscure games.

Like, big diff here.

And Hades kinda stole her thunder in Uprising.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Thats the same thing as saying Link and Zelda are the only iconic LoZ characters. no there is always a iconic villain such as Ganondorf and hes The Man, Link can never be as awesome as him.

Medusa is the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series just as Ganondorf is the iconic villain (and The Man) to the LoZ series.
Uh, how iconic is Kid Icarus really? It’s definitely no Mario or Legend of Zelda.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

"Iconic" is a big word here

Mr. Push did a thing
In my opinion...this is literally grasping at straws
I mean
How though

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm incredibly happy that Luigi got a major change that should've happened in Brawl, never mind Smash 4 or Ultimate.

Maybe he'll get a new Final Smash that features Polterpup? Or he'll flip the Poltergust to the exhaust setting and spew out a flood of ghosts?
He gets the Negative Zone back, but it basically mind breaks the opponent

Potato_

Smash Lord
There are two things I am willing to place absolutely 100% belief in for this Smash. To the point where I'd stake my account on it.

Ken is in, and Young Link will use Fierce Deity in some manner.

It just works too damn well for someone who'd they'd have to make a new FS for anyways. Combine that with the fact that they've intentionally hid his FS with a few other characters that we are confident will change (Robin basically a certainty) and it's looking incredibly likely. It could be a rehash of Light Arrow or Triforce Slash, but that simple fact of hiding it makes me feel as if Sakurai is intending to show it off in a grander manner than just including it in his character trailer.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I mean
How though
Well as far as I can tell there'd be literally nothing stopping them from doing Luigi's announcement on the 1st of November, even if there would be a direct on the 8th.

I still think the 8th is our date, but I also think that these two things are unrelated.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
GAME:

Smash Bros trailer starts, a music starts playing...
What music would make you HYPE?

-------------------------

For me , this one:

I can't describe how hyped I would be if Kyo somehow got revealed with this theme playing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well as far as I can tell there'd be literally nothing stopping them from doing Luigi's announcement on the 1st of November, even if there would be a direct on the 8th.

I still think the 8th is our date, but I also think that these two things are unrelated.
I am confused?
The point seems to be that since Luigi's Mansion released on the 8th they'd show him then

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Goddamn, my green man already got his post? :eek:

I don't even know what to think here.

Remember that everyone also got grab nerfs in this game.

Accept PAC-MAN because poor guy.
But let's also remember that his hydrant is now SUPER EFFECTIVE against witches.

Medusa is so iconic that Uprising demoted her and made a new villain that people generally like more.

That's pretty iconic if I say so myself.
Yeah, but one's Nintendo's 3rd largest IP, and the other's had 3 fairly obscure games.

Like, big diff here.

And Hades kinda stole her thunder in Uprising.
Between this, Wario Land dead in the water, Metroid being dragged through the mud for a while between Other M and Samus Returns and PdP being largely ignored, are there any other ways they haven't made Gunpei Yokoi turn in his grave yet?

Hades is best Kid Icarus villain and you know it...
Medusa who?
He also got the Kefka treatment when the localizers brought Uprising over. That's kind of the important part.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Mr. Push did a thing
>Wario's Blog post does include the japanese release of Warioware Gold
>Luigi's Blog post didn't include same for his game on 3ds in japanese

That seems suspicious there for no reason, why would nintendo do that? Unless something was planned on november 8, but it won't be possible.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one thinking that Ultimate should have at least one, or two or even more tracks from Sonic Unleashed?

Sad how its underused; because its really good. Especially the Egg Dragoon theme.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Mr. Push did a thing
PUSH! NOOOOOO!

This doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Push did a thing
I think November 8th is a fair assumption. Leakypandy did say direct was on that week, and that would be exactly a month before release.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I am confused?
The point seems to be that since Luigi's Mansion released on the 8th they'd show him then
Yeah I get that, but not every character has been shown on a date relevant to their series. Some characters have sure, but others have also just been thrown up on a random day. Take Sheik for example.

Basically my point is that even if they did show Luigi's post on the 8th for Luigi's Mansion, it has no bearing on a Smash Ultimate direct post being put up as well. The two are unrelated.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seriously though guys, quit embedding ****.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why is it that if something is basically just an inference, it's treated entirely as, "THAT'S NOT BASED ON ANYTHING AND IS COMPLETE BULLPOOP!"

Yet people will believe a random GameFAQS or 4chan text leak?

Oy.

Shroob

Sup?
On the bright side, only 18 days until the 8th anyway.

That's always seemed like a good date for a Direct, since this week's probably not going to get one, and next week 'could', but it's too early to call.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
There are two things I am willing to place absolutely 100% belief in for this Smash. To the point where I'd stake my account on it.

Ken is in, and Young Link will use Fierce Deity in some manner.

It just works too damn well for someone who'd they'd have to make a new FS for anyways. Combine that with the fact that they've intentionally hid his FS with a few other characters that we are confident will change (Robin basically a certainty) and it's looking incredibly likely. It could be a rehash of Light Arrow or Triforce Slash, but that simple fact of hiding it makes me feel as if Sakurai is intending to show it off in a grander manner than just including it in his character trailer.
This brings up an interesting question, what character's final smashes have we not seen yet?

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Why is it that if something is basically just an inference, it's treated entirely as, "THAT'S NOT BASED ON ANYTHING AND IS COMPLETE BULLPOOP!"

Oy.
No, no, you don't understand. An inference is something that could easily be B.S., but you never know when the guy with the blurry, jumpy, pixellated image leak could be showing off that yes, Homer Simpson is in fact in Smash Ultimate. Inferences have a 0% chance of ever being real, and any coincidental accuracy is to be ignored, but leaks? Leaks are gold.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Oy.
The less leaky something is, the more people treat it as if it's an attempt to leak something

I call it the Back-ass-wards Smashboards theory.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Am I the only one thinking that Ultimate should have at least one, or two or even more tracks from Sonic Unleashed?

Sad how its underused; because its really good. Especially the Egg Dragoon theme.
Unleashed's OST is my second favorite of the whole series, so I feel that. We had Rooftop Run, even if it was the Gens version (Which is fine because the Gens version is even better), but yeah.

I'd LOVE Endless Possibility, but it looks like that'll be joining the massive pile of "Songs SEGA/Sonic Team ****ed up the legal rights for" since the re releases of Unleashed's OST on stuff like Spotify excludes it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
GAME:

Smash Bros trailer starts, a music starts playing...
What music would make you HYPE?

-------------------------

For me , this one:
Spoilering, for convenience.

That's always seemed like a good date for a Direct, since this week's probably not going to get one, and next week 'could', but it's too early to call.
Plus they presumably got :ultluigi:done quickly so that his post wouldn't get in the way of/be overshadowed by the Direct, since Luigi's Mansion 3DS is out in Japan on the 8th.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
So back to the Montreal Smash demo, did it end up being the E3 build? Did anyone record any footage even though they weren't allowed to?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Oy.
Well for one, lotta different people.

And for two, I think it has a lot to do with the way people think.

Inferences and reason aren't solid enough, but mysterious leaks are confident even if they turn out to be completely wrong in less than 24 hours.
Basically "I am 70% certain of this result given the current evidence" doesn't look as pretty as "I've got nothing to back this up, but I'm 100% certain that this is ABSOLUTELY gonna happen."

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So back to the Montreal Smash demo, did it end up being the E3 build? Did anyone record any footage even though they weren't allowed to?
Pretty sure we would have heard something if it was anything but the E3 build, so yeah.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman

It wouldnt be the best idea next week with halloween smack dab in the middle. People are gonna be busy preparing and going to halloween parties and trick or treating then theres day of the dead, they might not get as many viewers as they'd want if they did it next week. But I absolutely agree that November 8th is the safest assumption

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I have been checking /v/ AND /r/smashbros, there's no mention of details at montreal smash demo unless I could be wrong on that. I bet that it'll be E3 build or updated E3 build.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
It was actually the full game, including all DLC and the Animal Crossing 2019 release as well, but the crowd were asked to keep quiet and pretend it was just the E3 demo. Being Canadians, they obliged with nary an "eh".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom