• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Why is it that if something is basically just an inference, it's treated entirely as, "THAT'S NOT BASED ON ANYTHING AND IS COMPLETE BULLPOOP!"

Yet people will believe a random GameFAQS or 4chan text leak?

Oy.
I'm gonna assume you're speaking about the Push stuff since that seems most relevant to what you're saying.

I'm just saying that I don't think the post's timing has any bearing on whether or not they announce a Direct. I'm not attacking Push like you seem to be suggesting, or saying his logic is faulty or whatever, I'm just saying I don't agree with his inference.

That is what this thread is for right? To discuss speculation? Just giving my two cents is all.

Also, just looking at this thread, vast majority of text leaks go ignored. Really don't know who you're speaking of when you say that.

Shroob

Sup?
On the bright side......

We're probably going to know the full roster in under 3 weeks at this point.

We're gonna be done with fake leaks and theories, until DLC that is.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Give me your best, most absurd predictions for the next Smash direct.
Lay it on me.

Hard mode: You can't say Ken, because that leak is pretty convincing so "duh", and you can't say Incineroar, because I'll have to eat pants if that happens.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A direct on November 8th? I can live with that, assuming the prediction is correct.
At least now I have a new date to look forward to.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Wario's Blog post does include the japanese release of Warioware Gold
>Luigi's Blog post didn't include same for his game on 3ds in japanese

That seems suspicious there for no reason, why would nintendo do that? Unless something was planned on november 8, but it won't be possible.
Site staff being incompetent, or deliberately making sure that Luigi won't get in the way of any Smash news related to a forthcoming Direct. Poe's Law can be generously applied in this case.

Or they could just stick using the Sonic 2 Eggman Bot boss; that's always a classic.
That would be attempt number...has anyone kept count?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Lay it on me.

Hard mode: You can't say Ken, because that leak is pretty convincing so "duh", and you can't say Incineroar, because I'll have to eat pants if that happens.
Geno assist trophy.
I need to see that ****storm happens if it does happens.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Why is it that if something is basically just an inference, it's treated entirely as, "THAT'S NOT BASED ON ANYTHING AND IS COMPLETE BULLPOOP!"

Yet people will believe a random GameFAQS or 4chan text leak?

Oy.
Most leaks are barely considered here and are almost instantly passed off as fake unless somethings happens where a leak may be considered real (like the Ken and used to be Sassy Geno Leak). This is especially worse for text leaks.

Either way, although it is interesting seeing where Push is going with Luigi’s post, there’s not a lot set in stone yet. So far, a Smash Direct being in November is only a rumor (with one Source being very shaky, and two directs in single month seem unlikely), so unless we get closer to November without any Smash information, it’s pure speculation at best.

It’s a wait and see situation right now.

Shroob

Sup?
That is literally after that's said and done though, don't you realize that?
Unless people are going to try to pull a :ultmewtwo: for their logic, that gives us at least a month or two of breathing room.

That, and all the theories will either be dead, or confirmed.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
GAME:

Smash Bros trailer starts, a music starts playing...
What music would make you HYPE?

-------------------------

For me , this one:
Well since I know a certain someone probably posted a Xenoblade X song already *cough* Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura *cough*, I might as well go with something from Xenoblade 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3RZcn7mYg
(For the sake of you mobile users I'll just make a link)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think Eggman in the Egg Dragoon will be a boss
Please no.

I'm getting just as sick of that machine as I am Green Hill.

Which it fitting, because the last time we fought it was in ****ing Green Hill barely even a year ago.

You have other memorable Stages and Eggman Bosses than Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Egg Dragoon and the Wrecking Ball, Sonic Team.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm gonna assume you're speaking about the Push stuff since that seems most relevant to what you're saying.

I'm just saying that I don't think the post's timing has any bearing on whether or not they announce a Direct. I'm not attacking Push like you seem to be suggesting, or saying his logic is faulty or whatever, I'm just saying I don't agree with his inference.

That is what this thread is for right? To discuss speculation? Just giving my two cents is all.

Also, just looking at this thread, vast majority of text leaks go ignored. Really don't know who you're speaking of when you say that.
To be honest, it wasn't even directed at your post. I thought yours was fine.

It's mainly people who are just either saying something can't happen almost immediately without any reasoning given, or just saying it's nonsense because it's not what they think will happen or want to happen.

That mindset can lead to...a lot of salt.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unless people are going to try to pull a :ultmewtwo: for their logic, that gives us at least a month or two of breathing room.

Dude, all you need to say after November reveals is the same goddamn shenanigans, slap a "DLC" on the end, and the ride never ends.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Lay it on me.

Alright, hear me out:

Link has bombs, Steve has TNT.
Link has bows and arrows, Steve has bows and arrows.
Link has a sword, Steve has swords.
Link has a shield, Steve can have shields in MC Java.

=

Steve as a Link echo fighter. Absolutely a perfect fit.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Lay it on me.

Gil as the obscure retro rep (playable character) we haven't really had yet. Rex & Pyra as an AT to boot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright, hear me out:

Link has bombs, Steve has TNT.
Link has bows and arrows, Steve has bows and arrows.
Link has a sword, Steve has swords.
Link has a shield, Steve can have shields in MC Java.

=

Steve as a Link echo fighter. Absolutely a perfect fit.
okay but wheres the boomerang wise guy :yeahboi:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey guys , wanted to share this with you all!
Watanabe Kenji, the chief designer at WiZ Inc. responsible for designing a variety of Digimon, and Worked on Tamagotchi as well!
I sent an Email to him asking about support for Agumon in Smash! And he replied today!

( I used Google Translator, he sent a Japanese text )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Graizen

Hi Digimon Designer Watanabe.
Thank you for the e-mail.
Also, thank you for always supporting Digimon.

I draw character designs and illustrations in Digimon, but I do not have any business rights or authority.
So, I can not become your strength.
If you have any requests for products, I would like to talk to Toei Animation and Bandai directly.
Even in various games, it would be wonderful if Digimon could work together.

I sincerely hope that someday such a day will come for you.

Thank you, and support Digimon in the future.

Watanabe Kenji

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The original text:
https://imgur.com/a/r6LzAC9

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Well since I know a certain someone probably posted a Xenoblade X song already *cough* Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura *cough*, I might as well go with something from Xenoblade 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3RZcn7mYg
(For the sake of you mobile users I'll just make a link)
Nice choice! I actually posted this one earlier, it is definitely one of my favorite songs from Xenoblade 2 (and one of the most fitting ones to fight to in Smash in my opinion).

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm super guilty of this too, but I think people over exaggerate Pokemon & Smash competing. I mean it's not like people can't buy/ and won't be buying both. Meh just a thought I had to tell myself its ok to hope for a Smash direct before Let's Go's release :p

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

Which people will. The speculation and fake leaks won't die until Nintendo is completely done with ultimate.

Potato_

Smash Lord
and you can't say Incineroar, because I'll have to eat pants if that happens.
Ouch.

Most absurd (but still plausible)? Undertale music in Smash.

Cue thousands of panicked Smash fans.

To be honest, it wasn't even directed at your post. I thought yours was fine.

It's mainly people who are just either saying something can't happen almost immediately without any reasoning given, or just saying it's nonsense because it's not what they think will happen or want to happen.

That mindset can lead to...a lot of salt.
Oh, fair enough then, I agree with that. I have seen a bit of both in this thread and yeah, I feel like some are going to be in for a rude awakening come December. Maybe even earlier.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lay it on me.

Ignoring the fact that Incineroar is my biggest prediction, both because I want him and because I want you to eat pants, I think Bandanna Dee's gonna make a triumphant return.

Where did he go? Nothing changed to affect his chances but he's basically disappeared from the speculation scene. I'm gonna say he's in.

Dixie as well.

Isaac is still on the table, as is Elma, Steve and the Chorus Kids. Though i'm not as confident about them.

I still think we're getting a character no one here thought of. I can't tell ya who because I haven't thought of them.

Also Geno. Geno's in, i'm saying it now. If he isn't in i'll eat an omelette. Made of eggs.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It was actually the full game, including all DLC and the Animal Crossing 2019 release as well, but the crowd were asked to keep quiet and pretend it was just the E3 demo. Being Canadians, they obliged with nary an "eh".
"You'll regret this day, friend."

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Ignoring the fact that Incineroar is my biggest prediction, both because I want him and because I want you to eat pants, I think Bandanna Dee's gonna make a triumphant return.

Where did he go? Nothing changed to affect his chances but he's basically disappeared from the speculation scene. I'm gonna say he's in.

Dixie as well.

Isaac is still on the table, as is Elma, Steve and the Chorus Kids. Though i'm not as confident about them.

I still think we're getting a character no one here thought of. I can't tell ya who because I haven't thought of them.

Also Geno. Geno's in, i'm saying it now. If he isn't in i'll eat an omelette. Made of eggs.
Omelettes are eggs, boy

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Please no.

I'm getting just as sick of that machine as I am Green Hill.

Which it fitting, because the last time we fought it was in ****ing Green Hill barely even a year ago.

You have other memorable Stages and Eggman Bosses, Sonic Team.
I think you're confusing the Egg Dragoon with the Death Egg Robot. Egg Dragoon is from Sonic Unleashed.

I'd rather have Big Arm from Sonic 3 than either of them, though. Just for my second favorite boss theme of all time.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Lay it on me.

1. The next Smash direct will take place in November... 2019. Turns out Nintendo printed Animal Crossing 2019 on all the Smash Ultimate Switch cartridges (thanks to a disgruntled employee) so they just sell that instead.
2. Ken is in.
3. The disgruntled employee is disgruntled because his idea for Smash was laughed out of the room. On stage, Reggie asks him what his idea was, and the employee responds by dabbing.
4. Ken is out again.
5. The lights go dim, and distant screams are heard on the auditorium's loudspeakers. They get louder, and louder, and the sound of the now-deceased Shigeru Miyamoto's laughter becomes the only audible sound, save for the guy behind you belching quite loudly.
6. Words appear on the screen: "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" The audience begins screaming with joy as they realize what happens next.
7. ?????
8. Profit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys , wanted to share this with you all!
Watanabe Kenji, the chief designer at WiZ Inc. responsible for designing a variety of Digimon, and Worked on Tamagotchi as well!
I sent an Email to him asking about support for Agumon in Smash! And he replied today!

( I used Google Translator, he sent a Japanese text )

Dear Graizen

Hi Digimon Designer Watanabe.
Thank you for the e-mail.
Also, thank you for always supporting Digimon.

I draw character designs and illustrations in Digimon, but I do not have any business rights or authority.
So, I can not become your strength.
If you have any requests for products, I would like to talk to Toei Animation and Bandai directly.
Even in various games, it would be wonderful if Digimon could work together.

I sincerely hope that someday such a day will come for you.

Thank you, and support Digimon in the future.

Watanabe Kenji

The original text: https://imgur.com/a/r6LzAC9
Not gonna lie I think you're going a little overboard on your dream sometimes.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Lay it on me.

I predict 4 newcomers (including echoes) and uh...why not throw a marth in there as well.

D

Deleted member

I know. Doesn't mean I can't get triggered by that and the lack of Video Games Culture some people had y'know?

Especially when it's FFVII and that song AND the lights are the first things you see when pressing start in the game.

Each their own opinion, taste and colors are different and all that jazz-

Not everyone is an encyclopedia or a nerd etc... Just some nerd trigger I had.

lemme guess. By your reaction you're one of them?
Guess I have a lack of Video Game Culture too, since I've never played FFVII, so the opening sequence means jack and **** to me and I couldn't actually hear the sound of the video since I was watching it on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom