• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly, the only blog post I'm certain on happening on it's correct day is Bayonetta appearing on October 29th since that's when the game originally came out in Japan.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Luigi has been pimped out even with his death being put aside

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So Luigi getting a new throw of some sort I read. You know it has me thinking that some characters that haven't been shown on the blog yet are likely to get a change or two as well.

Rosa we've seen with the Luma being protected by shielding and panicking when she's grabbed (yay, we can safely grab and throw her at last), Pac-Man I only know his Up-B no longer helps opponents and will send em down, Zelda we know many of her changes, I think Yoshi was getting a new alt costume (there could be another change thanks to his new game too)? There's definitely Robin changes coming up, at least the Final Smash, and well, there could be other things about some characters not shown yet we don't know, and I can't wait to hear more new details.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Well if you ask certain fans of characters *cough:ultkirby:cough*, being the most powerful is faithful to the character...
Why can't kirby split the stage in half with one punch?
Why can't he inhale every character on the stage at once and spit them into the blast zone?
Why don't the characters he inhales and swallows get K.O.'ed?

Sakurai, I'm ashamed of how untrue you've been to Kirby.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Honestly, the only blog post I'm certain on happening on it's correct day is Bayonetta appearing on October 29th since that's when the game originally came out in Japan.
I could see that, especially if she manages to get her own Memories post. Would still be close enough to Halloween itself to fit the theme, if Nintendo planned it out that way.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Want to know something? Not everyone has played Final Fantasy 7 like you have. Shocker that some people thought stars meant Wolf, isn't it
I know. Doesn't mean I can't get triggered by that and the lack of Video Games Culture some people had y'know?

Especially when it's FFVII and that song AND the lights are the first things you see when pressing start in the game.

Each their own opinion, taste and colors are different and all that jazz-

Not everyone is an encyclopedia or a nerd etc... Just some nerd trigger I had.

lemme guess. By your reaction you're one of them?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Remember that everyone also got grab nerfs in this game.

Except PAC-MAN because poor guy.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, how many people here expected Luigi to be the last blog post, or second-to-last one? This feels like a Jebaited moment, seriously.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Yeah... Ashley was a Mii Costume too! She's pretty popular, right? Isabelle got out of Assist hell too, and she also had one! This means this is her time to shi-
:4ness: oh wait :4ness:
There is no way you should jump to the conclusion that just because he or she had a costume immediately means he or she is playable.
Ikr, and so Viridi was a Mii costume, but its a no brainer that Medusa would surely be in before Viridi seeing that she is the 3rd most iconic Kid Icarus character besides Palutena and Pit (only reason Dark Pit is there first is because he echos Pit)

And Hades seems most likely to be a boss.. Especially if they were to have him talk while you fight him for more of his hilarious fan service dialogue.. Hades is a villain from Kid Icarus, but hes not the most iconic villain.
Metroid is already a playable character in Smash, though.
Metroid is basically Dark Samus no?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know. Doesn't mean I can't get triggered by that and the lack of Video Games Culture some people had y'know?

Especially when it's FFVII and that song AND the lights are the first things you see when pressing start in the game.

Biggest sin for people thinking it was Wolf is the FFVII intro doesn't even remotely resemble anything from Star Fox.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While I must say I like the idea of Luigi using his Poltergust for his grab, as that seems to be the completion of his "Luigification", I do hope it doesn't mess up his playstyle at all. If the developers felt that was a needed change, and the focus is making the game itself more competitive, I can't help but feel they've taken the engine and what not into account.

I think it's a good thing he has the change. But at this point we can't quite say whether it's negative or positive for him until we see it in action.

Can we also talk about how the design of the Poltergust, if the Simon trailer is anything to base it off of is the Luigi's Mansion 3 version?

Really, I'm just excited to see how it works. I kinda wish the character trailers showed the new stuff rather than just, "Haha look at this funny thing the character does from every other game".

Not that i'm complaining. Any footage is good footage at this point.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ikr, and so Viridi was a Mii costume, but its a no brainer that Medusa would surely be in before Viridi seeing that she is the 3rd most iconic Kid Icarus character besides Palutena and Pit (only reason Dark Pit is there first is because he echos Pit)

And Hades seems most likely to be a boss.. Especially if they were to have him talk while you fight him for more of his hilarious fan service dialogue.. Hades is a villain from Kid Icarus, but hes not the most iconic villain.

Metroid is basically Dark Samus no?
Not gonna lie "iconic Kid Icarus characters" isn't really a thing beyond Pit and Palutena

You have popular KI characters and it's like the same 4 who would be genuinely given a second thought for Smash

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not showing off Luigi for Halloween only makes sense in these three situations:
1. There is a better character that fits Halloween (Skull Kid? Unless somebody can think of something better)
2. Nintendo doesn't care about themes
3. Reggie is being held hostage by Greg Heffley and his ransom is to put in some nobody for Halloween
Halloween this year is on a Wednesday, which is reserved for music and a stage.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Also, how many people here expected Luigi to be the last blog post, or second-to-last one? This feels like a Jebaited moment, seriously.
Honestly, I was thinking he would be last. In this instance, especially because he actually brought us some new information with his blog post, I'm so happy to be wrong. :laugh:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why can't kirby split the stage in half with one punch?
Why can't he inhale every character on the stage at once and spit them into the blast zone?
Why don't the characters he inhales and swallows get K.O.'ed?

Sakurai, I'm ashamed of how untrue you've been to Kirby.
Honestly, video game characters can be so inconsistent at times. Kirby can split a planet in two, and then die to an unarmed Waddle Dee doing nothing but walking towards him. It...sorta balances out? Weaknesses in video games can be stupid compared to the feats of the characters from what I see.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So I just caught up and watched Spawn Waves video about the two directs in Novemeber, and do people really think this is possible? Are there enough credible people saying it? Like how credible is Spawn Wave usually?

Two directs in November would really shake things up. That's a minimum of two more unique characters to me, probably 3 more unique. However it might Also mean we have to wait until the end of November for a Smash direct which gets me nervous for leaks :/

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm happy to report that after studying footage and today's blog post carefully...

Luigi's nose has received a buff.

IronTed

Smash Ace
So I just caught up and watched Spawn Waves video about the two directs in Novemeber, and do people really think this is possible? Are there enough credible people saying it? Like how credible is Spawn Wave usually?

Two directs in November would really shake things up. That's a minimum of two more unique characters to me, probably 3 more unique. However it might Also mean we have to wait until the end of November for a Smash direct which gets me nervous for leaks :/
It really varies on the type of directs we're talking about. I really, really doubt that there will be another general direct this year (we know Nintendo's Switch lineup until January specifically), but some specific topics like Smash or Mario Kart could be possible.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm happy to report that after studying footage and today's blog post carefully...

Luigi's nose has received a buff.
Guess he's better than Bayonetta in Smash 4.
Luigi was the true Witch killer all along.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Poltergust for throws is such good news, not for competitive players but for great characterisation.

Unless his throw has an inwards windbox. Then it's for competitive play too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I Remember seeing a fake leak saying Olimar would be the blog highlight on October 26th, but that's the thing... Pikmin released on October 26th... He would be likey to be the blog that day

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Does anyone speak Japanese and have the ability to actually translate what is meant here? If they correctly and precisely translated "throw", then it's worrying but maybe okay since different throw animations are just different and even though we started off with a really good set maybe the new ones are just as good. If they meant "grab" as in "Luigi is now a tether grab character", I don't understand where this optimism is coming from Luigi's moveset is horribly built to utilize a tether grab welcome to low tier buddy unless there's a ton of other context around this character we aren't seeing yet. Like maybe a tether grab Luigi benefits so much from attacking while sliding and has a ton of other buffs and somehow just overcomes how lousy having a tether grab is for him to be good anyway, but that would be hoping for things we don't know to happen in his favor to make up for something lousy about him we're just learning which is not what I'd call a reason to celebrate.
I don't think most people here are actually giving much of a damn about the competitive side, mate.

Even if it makes him worse as a character, it represents his series better, and that's just 'cool'.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Yeah, I was. I can understand where you're coming from though, nothing personal.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder if the opponent goes inside the Poltergust or if it just grabs them by the butt lol.

Hopefully butt.

Everyone loves butt stuff.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Not gonna lie "iconic Kid Icarus characters" isn't really a thing beyond Pit and Palutena

You have popular KI characters and it's like the same 4 who would be genuinely given a second thought for Smash
Thats the same thing as saying Link and Zelda are the only iconic LoZ characters. no there is always a iconic villain such as Ganondorf and hes The Man, Link can never be as awesome as him.

Medusa is the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series just as Ganondorf is the iconic villain (and The Man) to the LoZ series.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Mr. Push did a thing
In my opinion...this is literally grasping at straws

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I remember waking up that day... checking Miiverse...

Sakurai: Check out Luigi's nose!
Ahh man, I kinda miss Miiverse. It wasn't necessarily the best social media attempt thing from Nintendo, but it was pretty cool at times. I even made some friends I'm still in contact with of all things lol.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thats the same thing as saying Link and Zelda are the only iconic LoZ characters. no there is always a iconic villain such as Ganondorf and hes The Man, Link can never be as awesome as him.

Medusa is the iconic villain of the Kid Icarus series just as Ganondorf is the iconic villain (and The Man) to the LoZ series.
Medusa is so iconic that Uprising demoted her and made a new villain that people generally like more.

That's pretty iconic if I say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom