• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, so now the question is:

Is the Poltergust a tether grab? Or does he just use it after he grabs to toss em?

Because I'm both scared and very, very interested if it's a tether. That could either be a very good or VERY bad thing.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Is the Poltergust a tether grab? Or does he just use it after he grabs to toss em?

Because I'm both scared and very, very interested if it's a tether. That could either be a very good or VERY bad thing.
I honestly don't think it'll be a tether, probably only his throws. I hope it's a tether though.

Iridium

Smash Hero

For some reason, I can see it being similar to :ultpacman:'s grab, and I'm not sure how I would feel if was like that. However, it could have a vacuum effect, and good range, but probably be somewhat laggy.

Decent, or not very good, really.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
ash greninja and now luigi with a new throw! the blog posts arent always completely useless, yay!
This gives us hope that we'll have something new out of at least some of the remaining characters!

Seriously, it's the little things like this that actually do spice up the blog posts. :)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
OKAY, I'M SORRY, THIS IS OFF TOPIC, BUT PLEASE LOOK AT THIS.

This is the best thing to grace me this whole week.

I respect your opinion dude, but Vergeben is rock solid. Incineroar will be in this game, otherwise I'll eat my pants.

Trust me on this one.
LET ME BELIEVE!

I’ll take that bet. I still think that despite all odds, something can very well happen to change things up, so I’m holding onto my hope.

EDIT: nooooo! Images are broken again! why smashboards!?!

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I really hope characters get more tools in this game, some of them feel incredibly boring and repetitive in Smash 4.

Like Meta Knight just fishing for Dash Attacks and Dash Grabs for an Up Air ladder to Up Special.
Luigi with grabs to everything.
Ness with Down Throw to Fairs and the killing with Back Throw.
Bowser with the Up Throws.
Etc.

Well, basically just nerf grabs lol.
It feels like every character only does the Down Throw Up Air meme, except for the Top Tiers because they have more tools.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Incineroar will cause us all to live our best lives.

What a cool guy.
He may be a gruff wrestler, but he spends his free time at the local shelter helping those less fortunate. Except that ToasterBrains dude, he gets to eat pants

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Luigi throws... with his Poltergust?

Sorry Link I can't give credit, guess I'm gonna have to main someone else now.
Now that you mention it, Link lost his tether throw as BotW Link, and Luigi has potentially gained a tether throw...

Methinks there may be a connection somewhere. ;)

This is interesting either way though, as any changes to the vets especially are welcome by me. :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I really hope characters get more tools in this game, some of them feel incredibly boring and repetitive in Smash 4.

Like Meta Knight just fishing for Dash Attacks and Dash Grabs for an Up Air ladder to Up Special.
Etc.

It feels like every character only does the Down Throw Up Air meme, except for the Top Tiers because they have more tools.
Yea if Luigi's new grab drops his tiers so be it. He's gonna be so much more exciting to play.

I've been playing the same Luigi for over 7 years and I'm ready for a change.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Etc.

I love Sonic backthrow at high percent at ledge, super epic.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Etc.

I would be fine with Luigi if Luigi Cyclone wasn't so vicious of an edgeguarding tool offstage. I've seen what happened to poor souls out there...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Etc.

You're REALLY not gonna like DK's new Cargo throws then, because hoooooo boy.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Huh. Well I ate my words before could say them...

I was going to ask why everyone was so hyped about character blog updates, when all we get is the same footage already on the site, and some tibbids of sorta useless trivia. But I just got Luigi'd.

I'm a bigger fan of music updates because at least those mean new content.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Kind of doubt this is the leak that could be real if the leak about a real picture being out there is true since it came out a long time ago and is hard to find, although maybe one can argue that the hard to find part is more of an argument for. Maybe you can also say the leak was released a while after it was discovered but that seems like a stretch. Anyway getting to the point out of curiosity was this one ever debunked.

link since i do not think the picture is working
https://i.imgur.com/tREhXw1.png

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
All of this talk of tethers makes me wish Link had some chain or something like in BOTW, so he could still have a tether in Smash. Our recovery got nerfed in the worst way, and I loved using that Clawshot...

Noipoi

Howdy!

I was going to ask why everyone was so hyped about character blog updates, when all we get is the same footage already on the side, and some tibbids of sorta useless trivia. But I just got Luigi'd.

I'm a bigger fan of music updates because at least that's new content.
Music updates are the best part of the week, but these little tidbits in the character posts are more than welcome.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm incredibly happy that Luigi got a major change that should've happened in Brawl, never mind Smash 4 or Ultimate.

Maybe he'll get a new Final Smash that features Polterpup? Or he'll flip the Poltergust to the exhaust setting and spew out a flood of ghosts?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All of this talk of tethers makes me wish Link had some chain or something like in BOTW, so he could still have a tether in Smash. Our recovery got nerfed in the worst way, and I loved using that Clawshot...
Well there was that magnesis rune, but it's not exactly a claw shot.

Funny too, a clawshot would've probably been the most useful item to return in BOTW out of anything.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

I was going to ask why everyone was so hyped about character blog updates, when all we get is the same footage already on the site, and some tibbids of sorta useless trivia. But I just got Luigi'd.

I'm a bigger fan of music updates because at least those mean new content.
I'm just waiting for that time we finally get to hear a Sonic track on the blog. And it better be something new as well.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
With this new grab of his, it seems to me that Luigi is becoming more unique than Mario in Smash. :laugh:

It's obvious these blog posts are revealing significant changes to characters. So why the hell have we not seen Young Link's final smash since he's never had one? Pichu's was revealed.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know, I'm suddenly more confident we're going to get a Fierce Deity FS for :ultyounglink: now. Poltergust for :ultluigi:'s grab? Ash-Greninja? Sakurai could definitely make this work (assuming he already has).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom