• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
The only character that I'm 100% sure of at this point is Ken.

Richter opened the doors to 3rd party echo fighters, Street Fighter got a HUGE boon in music this game, and if we're making clones an actual wanted part of this game, Ken is the de-facto and most iconic Clone character behind Luigi(And the leak helps a lot too I guess)

Incineroar I want, but I've never 100% trusted Verg, at all, so him, while I want him, I'm not going to say "HE'S IN!" until I see him.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'll predict tonight's is Meta Knight

Wait.... how do we know theres a character update tonight? (Also what's the blog theory?)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
6 x 3 = 18 if we keep going by the 3 weekly standard. OH GOD THE BOX THEORY WAS RIGHT
If Box Theorists used how the blog's consistency couldn't be used to predict 8-ish characters (as a maximum, which I repeated often), they won't be able to use the blogs consistency to prove them right about 2 characters especially after the blog's averages have shown inconsistency. :chuckle:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Most of these theories are born out of people trying to find patterns where there aren't any. Ironically, the reason why most of the theories fail is the arbitrary rules that people place on them.

Some just can't go with the flow I guess.
I just wait for the news as it comes myself. It's what I've been doing with every past Smash game anyway. ;)

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
OKAY, I'M SORRY, THIS IS OFF TOPIC, BUT PLEASE LOOK AT THIS.
Thank you for sharing this, he really nailed those victory animations. I wish he had done more of them though, as he did an excellent job with the ones we saw.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Thank you for sharing this, he really nailed those victory animations. I wish he had done more of them though, as he did an excellent job with the ones we saw.
Wait, nobody saw me post this earlier? It's okay though. I really love the Sheik one.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh look it’s :ultluigi:

....aaaaand he’s suddenly gone. He was there a second ago

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Wait, nobody saw me post this earlier? It's okay though. I really love the Sheik one.
I'm sorry, I must have missed when you posted it. :(

It is quite amazing though, this guy has great coordination. Just being able to perform a backflip is great in my eyes, so he's got all of my respect.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know I don't really trust Vergeben to the fullest like most have and at the beginning of this Speculation Cycle i stated that i had this gut feeling that there wouldn't be a Pokemon Newcomer this time around. Y'know what? I got that feeling again. I don't know what it is about this game, maybe it's because of there not being a singular most popular Pokemon right now, but something is just rubbing me the wrong way. All these theories floating around, everyone thinking that this character is a lock, and everyone believing one way or the other about the box is giving me Smash For Chrom flashbacks. Chrom was a lock, the leak said so, and then he wasn't there. Anybody else thinking right now: "what if?"

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know I don't really trust Vergeben to the fullest like most have and at the beginning of this Speculation Cycle i stated that i had this gut feeling that there wouldn't be a Pokemon Newcomer this time around. Y'know what? I got that feeling again. I don't know what it is about this game, maybe it's because of there not being a singular most popular Pokemon right now, but something is just rubbing me the wrong way. All these theories floating around, everyone thinking that this character is a lock, and everyone believing one way or the other about the box is giving me Smash For Chrom flashbacks. Chrom was a lock, the leak said so, and then he wasn't there. Anybody else thinking right now: "what if?"
Stop putting bad juju on my tiger!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've gone from indifferent to a bit hyped for Ken. I will always welcome echoes (to characters that I use a lot) so Ken is a welcome addition in my book.

I dunno, that pic still looks off to me. I don't believe it. But if he's in, cool. I'm a big fan of his color schemes as opposed to Ryu's pale/pastels in his gi. (Always been more of a Ryu guy personally though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom