• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ignoring the fact that Incineroar is my biggest prediction, both because I want him and because I want you to eat pants, I think Bandanna Dee's gonna make a triumphant return.

Where did he go? Nothing changed to affect his chances but he's basically disappeared from the speculation scene. I'm gonna say he's in.

Dixie as well.

Isaac is still on the table, as is Elma, Steve and the Chorus Kids. Though i'm not as confident about them.

I still think we're getting a character no one here thought of. I can't tell ya who because I haven't thought of them.

Also Geno. Geno's in, i'm saying it now. If he isn't in i'll eat an omelette. Made of eggs.
I hope that wanting me to eat pants is out of love and not spite.
My stance is purely for the sake of the gamble and not because I don't want him in at all :'D

Noted. Do we get to choose what kind of eggs you eat? Even though I'm on your Geno team

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Shroob

Sup?
My stance is purely for the sake of the gamble and not because I don't want him in at all :'D

Noted. Do we get to choose what kind of eggs you eat? Even though I'm on your Geno team
What if they're the edible type of pants you can order from sex shops?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I know. The joke is that usually people say they'll do something wacky if their predictions aren't right (like eating pants), but in my case I said i'll do something mundane. Like eating an egg dish made of eggs. Get it?
Sorry, I don't.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Give me your best, most absurd predictions for the next Smash direct.
Lay it on me.

Hard mode: You can't say Ken, because that leak is pretty convincing so "duh", and you can't say Incineroar, because I'll have to eat pants if that happens.
Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth echo, Courtroom stage.

Geno, Assist Trophy Mallow, Forest Maze stage.

Steve? with Minecraft stage.

Monster Hunter. Trailer is him fighting Rathalos.

Prince Sidon cause why the hell not.

Truly the Ultimate Smash Brothers.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Lay it on me.

Hard mode: You can't say Ken, because that leak is pretty convincing so "duh", and you can't say Incineroar, because I'll have to eat pants if that happens.
Wave Race Guy is actually in the game for real and the dude who made the fake leaks is like the Palutena faker all over again.

Crono is the Squeenix rep. Geno is confirmed anyway.

The first DLC character is Travis Touchdown and he'll be out in January alongside Travis Strikes Again.

Decidueye is a Pokeball Pokemon.

Reggie gets diagnosed with *****.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if they're the edible type of pants you can order from sex shops?
Those are kinda gross tasting ngl
Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth echo, Courtroom stage.

Geno, Assist Trophy Mallow, Forest Maze stage.

Steve? with Minecraft stage.

Monster Hunter. Trailer is him fighting Rathalos.

Prince Sidon cause why the hell not.

Truly the Ultimate Smash Brothers.
If steve makes it in without the ?, it's not worth it.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Lay it on me.

Most absurd predicition eh? Alright, I have one for you. The Switch OS mascot, Amelia N., will either be playable or an Assist Trophy. :yeahboi:

I can't really be more absurd than this, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Lay it on me.

The direct starts, and we see the Ultimate mural, but mirrored. Some synth beats kick in, and the camera pans out to reveal that the mural was a reflection in a pair of glasses the whole time. The music builds for a couple of seconds, and then the scene cuts to Sakurai lying down on the couch from the August direct. He shakes his right hand at the camera and says "we are about to reveal the final fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." The scene cuts again to Sakurai on a bus. The music continues building, and he says "please, take a look." As Sakurai talks, the bus footage flickers back and forth between the bus and an underpass. After he finishes talking, an explosion goes off at the underpass, and our final newcomer, PSY, walks toward the camera, and says "Oppan Smash Bros. Style."

PSY Ops Into Battle!

The chorus of Gangnam Style kicks in as gameplay is shown, and the entire Smash community starts throwing a fit.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Please no.

I'm getting just as sick of that machine as I am Green Hill.

Which it fitting, because the last time we fought it was in ****ing Green Hill barely even a year ago.

You have other memorable Stages and Eggman Bosses than Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Egg Dragoon and the Wrecking Ball, Sonic Team.
You little...YOU LITTLE...How bout this!?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Hey guys , wanted to share this with you all!
Watanabe Kenji, the chief designer at WiZ Inc. responsible for designing a variety of Digimon, and Worked on Tamagotchi as well!
I sent an Email to him asking about support for Agumon in Smash! And he replied today!

( I used Google Translator, he sent a Japanese text )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Graizen

Hi Digimon Designer Watanabe.
Thank you for the e-mail.
Also, thank you for always supporting Digimon.

I draw character designs and illustrations in Digimon, but I do not have any business rights or authority.
So, I can not become your strength.
If you have any requests for products, I would like to talk to Toei Animation and Bandai directly.
Even in various games, it would be wonderful if Digimon could work together.

I sincerely hope that someday such a day will come for you.

Thank you, and support Digimon in the future.

Watanabe Kenji

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The original text: https://imgur.com/a/r6LzAC9
Dude, you seem like little overboard with this Agumon in smash as your greatest dream. For God's sake, Stop it, okay? Your obsession is getting too much for your healthy. Even seeing your email with that voice actor of agomon which crosses into obsessed fans territory.

To mention that you have been posting leaks involving Agomon in it, and they were likely fake. So stop falling for it, they're fake and made on 4chan.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Please no.

I'm getting just as sick of that machine as I am Green Hill.

Which it fitting, because the last time we fought it was in ****ing Green Hill barely even a year ago.

You have other memorable Stages and Eggman Bosses than Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Egg Dragoon and the Wrecking Ball, Sonic Team.
Robotnik's boss fight is the Mean Bean Machine minigame

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys , wanted to share this with you all!
Watanabe Kenji, the chief designer at WiZ Inc. responsible for designing a variety of Digimon, and Worked on Tamagotchi as well!
I sent an Email to him asking about support for Agumon in Smash! And he replied today!

( I used Google Translator, he sent a Japanese text )

Dear Graizen

Hi Digimon Designer Watanabe.
Thank you for the e-mail.
Also, thank you for always supporting Digimon.

I draw character designs and illustrations in Digimon, but I do not have any business rights or authority.
So, I can not become your strength.
If you have any requests for products, I would like to talk to Toei Animation and Bandai directly.
Even in various games, it would be wonderful if Digimon could work together.

I sincerely hope that someday such a day will come for you.

Thank you, and support Digimon in the future.

Watanabe Kenji

The original text: https://imgur.com/a/r6LzAC9
That's so pure, hey who knows maybe agumon could see smash one day! Glad you got a response, and i support your love for the character

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, now THIS is an interesting question:
If you were Sakurai, what third party character(s) would you try and go through to get in Smash?
Ryu Hayabusa, Terry Bogard, Doomguy (why not?) and I guess Kyo Kusanagi (KoF).

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lay it on me.

Geno, Shadow Echo.

Spirits mode is a massive boss rush, the "Spirits" of gaming's most fearsome foes holding the other fighters captive.

And Inceneroar. Because eat pant.

Robotnik's boss fight is the Mean Bean Machine minigame
Arle supporters would be throwing their Switches at a wall if that happened.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Nah dude don't worry, it's all friendly :laugh:.

And I will totally eat an ostrich egg if you guys demanded it of me.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Mr. Push did a thing
In my opinion...this is literally grasping at straws
It's certainly grasping at straws--which is what we all do. :chuckle: Nobody should be afraid of going into pure speculation for the fun of it, but likewise we should feel free to criticize it if it's not as reasonable to us.

For me, I'm half and half. If they did move Luigi's blog post to make room for a Direct, this makes sense. That being said, there's a whole host of reasons they could decide a certain date for a character, even if it doesn't fall on a release date. So, I'd say given what we know, around November 8th seems likely, but with reservations.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Okay, now THIS is an interesting question:
If you were Sakurai, what third party character(s) would you try and go through to get in Smash?
KOS-MOS (obviously), Tails, Banjo-Kazooie, Reimu, Tifa, Arle Nadja, Shantae, Crash, Rayman, and Nightmare.
I tried to limit my self to 4 Obviously that didn't work.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Geno, Shadow Echo.

Spirits mode is a massive boss rush, the "Spirits" of gaming's most fearsome foes holding the other fighters captive.

Spirits being a boss rush wouldn't be too surprising.
And not all that disappointing, to be honest. Love the boss rush.

Would just make me mourn Cutscenes, something I want in more than most characters.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Geno, Shadow Echo.

It would be a little weird to have a full on "iconic villain" mode that, presumably, couldn't include Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley or any of the others included as playable characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom